Dragon Age Summons DLC To Tabletop RPG

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Dragon Age Summons DLC To Tabletop RPG

Bring Felicia Day's character Tallis into your pen-and-paper Dragon Age campaign. For free.

Dragon Age 2 has had a slew of downloadable content released since it hit store shelves in March. The <a href=http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Age-RPG-Set-1/dp/1934547301/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1320958739&sr=8-2>tabletop adaptation of BioWare's hit RPG hasn't received anywhere near the same amount of digital content, but that's about to change, starting with a piece of DLC that's just launched.

The DLC comes in the form of a PDF file that focuses on Tallis, Felicia Day's character from the Dragon Age 2 DLC "Mark of the Assassin" and the web series <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/113482-Felicia-Day-Flips-in-New-Dragon-Age-Redemption-Trailer>Dragon Age: Redemption. Aside from stats and story suggestions about how to use the character, the PDF also contains an interview with Ms. Day about the character (which she helped create).

The Dragon Age tabletop RPG came out in 2009. While I have yet to play it, a few of my friends picked it up and had good things to say about it (<a href=http://www.rpg.net/reviews/archive/14/14643.phtml>mirroring what's been said in reviews).

The PDF has just gone live at Green Ronin's official Dragon Age RPG site, where you can download it for free.

IceStar100

Jan 5, 2009
Is it just me or are they really trying to shove her down our throat? I get it she made some good fanfiction but sheez. I'm starting to think they just ran out of ideas.

Absolutionis

Sep 18, 2008
Shoving spotlight-stealing NPCs into a campaign is the single worst thing a DM could ever do in a campaign. The point of focus should be the players, not some fanservice NPC.

sinboy666

Oct 21, 2008
The table top RPG is really amazing. Its a really unique system. The "stunt" system is really cool and offers a lot of variety to the traditional "critical" idea.
I can't wait for the next book to come out.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Absolutionis said:
Shoving spotlight-stealing NPCs into a campaign is the single worst thing a DM could ever do in a campaign. The point of focus should be the players, not some fanservice NPC.
There is this. Not played DA2 (nor its DLC, obviously) but I assume this Felicia Day NPC is a party member? Nothing tends to bug players more than DMPCs.

Lordpils

Aug 3, 2009
Absolutionis said:
It's typically a bad idea for a DM to put a famous character in as an NPC because no matter what alignment they play their first instinct is "KILL IT BREAK CANON!"
Spoony actually tells a really amusing story about his party trying to kill Darth Vader.

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
Lordpils said:
Absolutionis said:
It's typically a bad idea for a DM to put a famous character in as an NPC because no matter what alignment they play their first instinct is "KILL IT BREAK CANON!"
Spoony actually tells a really amusing story about his party trying to kill Darth Vader.
And it doesn't help that a lot of people honestly hate Tallis (myself included). Just because she's played by Felicia Day doesn't mean she's a likeable character.

snfonseka

Oct 13, 2010
IceStar100 said:
Is it just me or are they really trying to shove her down our throat? I get it she made some good fanfiction but sheez. I'm starting to think they just ran out of ideas.
You are not alone in this.

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
IceStar100 said:
Is it just me or are they really trying to shove her down our throat?
I think it has more to do with people genuinely wanting more of her.
I used to think they were pushing the character, but now I am of the opinion they are just playing up to the (evidently) many people who really like Felicia Day. I never realised that the Redheaded actress was so polarizing to people.

Lordpils said:
Absolutionis said:
Why is it bad?
In P&P games you make your own canon, and who doesn't want to boast that they killed Cyric?

IceStar100

Jan 5, 2009
Knight Templar said:
IceStar100 said:
Is it just me or are they really trying to shove her down our throat?
I think it has more to do with people genuinely wanting more of her.
I used to think they were pushing the character, but now I am of the opinion they are just playing up to the (evidently) many people who really like Felicia Day. I never realised that the Redheaded actress was so polarizing to people.

Lordpils said:
Absolutionis said:
Why is it bad?
In P&P games you make your own canon, and who doesn't want to boast that they killed Cyric?
She a red head they are rare so yes she is like. The said fact is Talis is not. The why they did the story in DA2 alot of people just want to kill her. The ending if you where mad at her sealed her fate to alot of people. I'm not going to say much here since I've forgotten the spoiler tags. The simple fact is they are trying to make us like her by sticking her everywhere and it's back firing.

SpaceMedarotterX

Jun 24, 2010
Okay, even if I did run a Dragon Age game for my group, which they wouldn't go with because DA2 utterly killed the setting for them, and I do not have the time to personally craft a unique world in the setting. I would not use that... THING, as an NPC. Felicia Day is the one geek obsession I don't get, well the one tame one anyway there's a lot of the 18+ ones that just confuse me. she's an 8, nothing more though, and okay she's a geeky chick? your point? Her web series suck, as an actress she's pretty pathetic, and her DLC was laughably bad. Which ya know puts it on par with DA2 normally.