Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection officially announced--with trailer.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Alight, I played the first Budokai many years ago, and I was shit at it.

Last year I picked up Burst Limit and Raging Blast 2, and they were fun.
I've heard everywhere that Budokai Three was the best, so... cool :D

Thoughts?

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Wouldn't Budokai 3 and Budokai Tenkaichi 3 make more sense?

Dec 14, 2009
2 games from a series, a collection does not make.

Also, why the fuck would I play the original Budokai, when 3 beats it in every way?

Broady Brio

Jun 28, 2009
Budokai 1? WHY?! It's incredibly inferior. Except perhaps the What-If situation if Cell absorbed Krillin instead of 18.
Hazy992 said:
Yes. It damn would've.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Broady Brio said:
Budokai 1? WHY?! It's incredibly inferior. Except perhaps the What-If situation if Cell absorbed Krillin instead of 18.
Hazy992 said:
Yes. It damn would've.
Why would he absorb Krillin? He's almost as useless as Yamcha..

Dec 14, 2009
Sean Hollyman said:
Broady Brio said:
Hazy992 said:
Yes. It damn would've.
Not even close.

Nothing is more useless than Yamcha.

Except maybe Raditz...

Hazy992

Aug 1, 2010
Sean Hollyman said:
Daystar Clarion said:
I think he has a nightmare about absorbing Krillin by mistake. It's a 'what if' scenario.

Obviously he wouldn't do it on purpose. He'd be better off absorbing that farmer at the beginning of DBZ :D

SUPA FRANKY

Aug 18, 2009
What about Budokai 2? It's Story Mode was awesome! Plus have you seen the original Budokai? It's graphics has not aged well.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
Would buy this in a heartbeat just for Budokai 3 with non blurry visuals and SWEET ASS anime cutscenes (Hope they are included.)

Broady Brio

Jun 28, 2009
Sean Hollyman said:
Hazy992 said:
I think he has a nightmare about absorbing Krillin by mistake. It's a 'what if' scenario.

This is will explain everything clearly. Oh and Yamcha in this part too. Guess what happens to him...

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010

I mean, I love Budokai as much as the next guy (I owned all three back in the day), but collecting 3 very similar fighting games in one package like this seems a bit redundant.

Literally the ONLY thing that the first one does that the others don't is it's story mode, but I'm not really sure that justifies it's inclusion, since otherwise, it's blatently inferior to the sequels.

I dunno, I probably won't get this. If I'm craving some DBZ fighting action THAT badly, I'll buy one of the more recent ones at discount.

CommanderL

May 12, 2011
Looking forward to it the dragon ball z games of late have had a crappy combat system so I hope this one is as good as i remember it

Hazy992

Aug 1, 2010
Broady Brio said:
Sean Hollyman said:
Hazy992 said:

This is will explain everything clearly. Oh and Yamcha in this part too. Guess what happens to him...
I don't know but I bet it's disappointing :p

Total LOLige

Jul 17, 2009
I haven't played those two games so I'll probably get it. Although two games isn't really a collection it's a double HD pack.

Apr 28, 2008
I would've preferred something like Budokai 3 and Tenkaichi 3, since at least then both would be a bit different in terms of gameplay.

But whatever, the package is worth it for Budokai 3 alone. Game's fantastic.

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
As much as I loved the Budokai games in their time, I remember an incredible inbalance in these games. Some of the combos for special moves required high kicks to complete, high kicks which couldn't be landed on short opponents like Goten, Kid Trunks, Krillin etc.

However, these are the games which include the best minigames to complete fusions, blast struggles and charge crashes. If only Bamco took all this on board when they made Ultimate Tenkaichi... I'm also now remembering that the original Budokai didn't have the English language and Vegeta is ultimately a pussy with Christopher Sabat backing him.

But I look forward to replaying Budokai 3's awesome story mode... which was for some reason ditched after Budokai Tenkaichi 2 in favour of menu systems...

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
Never played these..These are fighting games that are more about crazy fun than tournament balance right? I usually prefer those to be honest.