Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime Launching on 3DS With Pirates

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime Launching on 3DS With Pirates

One of the Nintendo DS's strangest and slimiest games is getting a sea-based sequel on the 3DS.

In the Nintendo DS's Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime [http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Quest-Heroes-Rocket-Nintendo-DS/dp/B000GA8UAQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1300314770&sr=8-1], you play as a slime that must navigate various environments to rescue your friends and collect ammunition for the cannon of a huge slime tank used to take down mechs shaped like the foes of Dragon Quest. As you can tell, it's a little different than most other titles available on the market. Fans of the quirky game will be happy to know that a sequel, which will actually be the third game in the series, is coming to the Nintendo 3DS.

For now the game has only been announced for Japan, so the title available is Slime Mori Mori Dragon Quest 3: Daikaizoku to Shippodan. Rest assured, this will be another Rocket Slime title, but it might not involve giant mechs again.

Daikaizoku to Shippodan's Japanese website contains a few details on the game, including the reveal that players will set out to sea to engage in sea battles with pirates. Maybe it'll be called Dragon Quest Heroes: Slime Pirates? Players will build their own ships, and the battles will be displayed in 3D.

Additionally, Daikaizoku to Shippodan features a multiplayer mode that up to four players can engage in, and Street Pass compatibility. No other specifics have been divulged, but the fact that Square Enix is bringing back Rocket Slime and adding pirates is good enough for me to be pretty hyped up, assuming the game makes it to regions other than Japan.

Source: Andriasang [http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/03/16/dragon_quest_rocket_slime_3ds/]

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
Oh man, Rocket Slime was so fun. This news really excites me! I think my favorite mech from the last game would have to be

Chrono Twigger

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
I just traded in rocket slime I really liked it but it felt kinda short and didn't offer enough challenge and monster variety(not to mention the musical score was kinda weak). What? They made another one but it didn't come over here? Well isn't it just like japan (or reggie if your a earthbound fan) to leave a nice game for themselves. I would really like the ship one to come over though i'd certainly give the game a try it's very fun and indeed not like most other titles.

Jan 28, 2009
emechbjm said:
we never got #2 so I dont expect 3 to make it across.
Yes you (we) did. Dragon Quest Heroes Rocket Slime (best game on the DS bar none) was the sequel. The original Slime Mori Mori was for Gameboy Advance.

Plucky

Enthusiast Magician
Jan 16, 2011
whadjutalkinboutwillis said:
emechbjm said:
we never got #2 so I dont expect 3 to make it across.
Yes you (we) did. Dragon Quest Heroes Rocket Slime (best game on the DS bar none) was the sequel. The original Slime Mori Mori was for Gameboy Advance.
Think by "We", he means us Brits...or maybe Aussies...Gamefaqs only says American and the Japanese release dates for Rocket Slime last time i checked.

I think the thing with the reasoning that the game didn't come over here would be because of the translation of the puns, not to menction translating it into 4 other languages, no offence, but Dragon Quest was barely even known over here, before DQ7 (?) came out, we only had the first Dragon (Warrior) Quest Monsters game (if Gamefaqs is knownworthy) im guessing with it being one of the last few titles Enix releases solo and the only DQ before 7 being released over here, the series never really had a chance to gain steam.

Whereas America has gotten a few of the NES titles in the 80's/90's.....and besides, the only reason Square-Enix 'told' the truth about Dragon Quest IX being the 9th in the series was because they couldn't be bothered to rerender the video to edit out the IX....they will still list the remake of 6 (7? sorry, roman numerals are confusing, plus im a newcomer to the series) will still have the Roman Numrals edited out....

....it's crazy really, i mean with Dragon Quest IX, not only that they told us brits that it was the 9th in the series, but also spilled the beans on heroes of the previous 8 games, bosses, mythology gags....and rather surprisingly, they didnt transliterfied their names, but rather uses Enix's names they used in the west, meaning that they're keeping their characters intact for a special reason...to introduce an opening for newcomers to get hooked on the remakes of the sequals that doesnt have remakes just yet.

Crazy theory?

EDIT: Wait, i guess that isnt as crazy, i guess the more crazy thing SE has ever done recently was....

SPOILERS FOR CHRONO TRIGGER DS
Before destroying the dream devourer, she (it became one with an alturnate reality Schala) sent an another universe's Magus into another universe and he gets Anmesia in some woods, Lucca gets a baby or somthing, and inside the bonus dungeon, we discover that Dalton took over Porre....Seriously Square-Enix, first you don't release the original Chrono Trigger over here, then Chrono Cross...but then you finally DO release the CT remake over here on the DS...but you leave a SEVERE HOOK to Chrono Cross with little chance of it being remade nor as a release on the EU PSN store...plus i heard they wouldn't make a remake unless their Dream Team was put together...but thenagain, the fans reactions to CC was severely mixed...honestly, they should retrofy it out, maybe make a side sequal called Chrono Break or somthing, and rework Cross's characters into it's own flowing universe.

McMarbles

May 7, 2009
If there's anything more awesome than slime tank battles, it's slime pirate ship battles.