Dragonforce

jamesc

Jul 30, 2008
Do they really play their songs? One of my friends said they mimed them. If anybody can provide a link showing their authenticity, I would really appriciate it. And if they really do play, who the fuck told them that mortals could play guitar that fast?

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
Saw them live & didnt look mimed. They just get alot of aggro from power metal purists who see their popularity as both baffling & bad for the genre

Ultrajoe

Omnichairman
Apr 24, 2008
jamesc said:
Do they really play their songs? One of my friends said they mimed them. If anybody can provide a link showing their authenticity, I would really appriciate it. And if they really do play, who the fuck told them that mortals could play guitar that fast?
They can, but they are notorious for getting out of sync when performing live.

Sir Ollie

The Emperor's Finest
Jan 14, 2009
TheMatt said:
Off topic but - Ultrajoe wins for avatar. Dark Cecil I believe?
Sir you are right

On topic
zen5887 said:
Here is a video that is a damn good indication that they can't play their songs without a lot of studio work

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=RVQw0VH3gk4

Ouch

You know - This would be okay if they were a bunch of 13 year olds at a battle of the bands..
Haha that is true they do suck live

Ultrajoe

Omnichairman
Apr 24, 2008
TheMatt said:
Off topic but - Ultrajoe wins for avatar. Dark Cecil I believe?
I'd like to think i've made it my own over the time i've spent here.... but yes, it is. Thank you. I call it the Ultrahelm.

Dragonforce are not a live band. This is no reason to like them any less, just don't go their concerts. They promise and they deliver what they deliver. This is for some, and not for others. That's really all there is too it.

zen5887

Jan 31, 2008
Ultrajoe said:
Dragonforce are not a live band. This is no reason to like them any less, just don't go their concerts.
For someone (like myself) who enjoys musicianship I think it.

I used to like them but after I saw them live on youtube and realized what a joke they are I stopped listening to them and now I have a bad habit of ranting about how much I hate them..

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Are a silly band that make silly music with silly lyrics about fairly silly topics.

...though once you accept the silly they're fairly fun to listen too.

Mar 29, 2008
Almost went to see them when they were in Oz last. I am now glad i didn't.

Da_Schwartz

Jul 15, 2008
So much talent....terrible terrible live skills. Reminds you of a hip-hop "show" where live..shit just doesn't work. It's almost like theyre all trying to out play each other. Ego's i guess. ::shrug:: whatever bands lame anyway.

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
I've heard they perform poorly at their live concerts due to alcohol and such.

Also, a thread about this came up like a couple weeks ago when I first joined the forums.

Mar 29, 2008
zen5887 said:
Ultrajoe said:
Dragonforce are not a live band. This is no reason to like them any less, just don't go their concerts.
For someone (like myself) who enjoys musicianship I think it.

I used to like them but after I saw them live on youtube and realized what a joke they are I stopped listening to them and now I have a bad habit of ranting about how much I hate them..
What made you start the ranting hate thing?

I am so sick of people crapping all over other peoples tastes in music.

jamesc

Jul 30, 2008
Doesnt matter if they are as good as the recorded versions or not. They play so damn fast, I listen to them, even though I hate the music itself. They are so fucking insane, I really don't think they are human.

Robyrt

Aug 1, 2008
Dragonforce is the enemy. Right up there with Britney Spears and every other pretty face with a vocoder who can't actually perform their songs on demand. They represent the antithesis of the creative energy that makes live music worthwhile. It's OK to make music you couldn't make yourself - techno, for instance - and not every performance has to be Kind of Blue either. Just don't try to sell me concert tickets if you can't actually give me a concert.

ZantetsukenQ

Sep 25, 2008
I've seen them live 2 times now. I enjoy their performances and music. Haters can hate all they want, makes no difference to me. Its just good old fasioned fun at a DF gig.

KeithA45

Jan 19, 2009
zen5887 said:
Here is a video that is a damn good indication that they can't play their songs without a lot of studio work

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=RVQw0VH3gk4

Ouch

You know - This would be okay if they were a bunch of 13 year olds at a battle of the bands..
Wow man they really suck live. Damn

jamesc said:
Haha I know can you believe it? My favorite is 5:45 of Cry for Eternity [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6lE7R1aiVs#t=5m45s]. Even some of my musician friends and family don't know how they do that.