Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen is Coming to PS4 and Xbox One this Fall

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen is Coming to PS4 and Xbox One this Fall

Capcom is bringing Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen to PS4 and Xbox One this fall.

Earlier today, Famitsu [https://www.famitsu.com/news/201705/23133262.html] revealed that Capcom was bringing Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen to the PS4 and Xbox One in Japan this fall. Shortly thereafter, the official Twitter account made the announcement worldwide.

[tweet t=https://twitter.com/DragonsDogma/status/866964643243327493]

This year marks the fifth anniversary of the launch of Dragon's Dogma. The game first released in May of 2012, and the improved Dark Arisen version came along the following April. A PC version launched last year, and was a critical success.

There are not a lot of details right now about the upcoming port, but I would expect to see at least a graphical update, if nothing else. Odds are that it will use the PC version, as that already had a graphical clean up and 4K support added. We'll bring you more info as it becomes available.

Darth Rosenberg

Oct 25, 2011
Well there's the reason it hasn't appeared BC on Xbox, then. If it's cheap enough I'll get it, as I missed it first time around and so many people keep nagging me to play/get it. Frankly it doesn't ever look - or sound (e.g. inane chatter of party members, quality of voice acting, etc) - that good, though, but I'd like to give it a proper shot.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Imre Csete said:
Just make the damn non-MMO sequel already Capcom!
Apparently the director will announce a new game this year, so maybe finger crossed.

But yeah, enough re-release already, this is like the fourth time.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
AWWW.... FUCK.... YEEAAAAAH!!!!!

Probably not gonna finish it, probably gonna get tired of all the bullshit that's like an anchor around its neck, but shit if I'm not totally stoked for this.

Cether

Mar 29, 2011
I loved this game, bought it 3 times once at full price for the 360, once when the Dark Arisen bundle was cheaper than buying the DLC, and once on PC. It's good but it still has a lot of design flaws.

All of which could be fixed in a sequal. That me and fans of the game have been waiting 5 years for. God damn.

Samael Barghest

Mar 5, 2014
I swear the didn't do so well the first time was simply because it had the balls to come out the same year as Skyrim's Dawnguard DLC. Maybe Capcom will pick a better release window this time. Though it doesn't hurt that the current generation of consoles is wholly lacking in open-world fantasy epics right now. Though, I'm not sure if I would buy this. It took alot of work to get my character and pawn right, filling up the bestiary, and other stuff. To simply start over would feel like a waste. And I don't want the ability to simply port my character over. I would rather just keep playing the PS3 version rather than shoveling out $60 bucks. This new version has got to have something that justifies it existence.

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States
This brings me happiness. Something about this super flawed rpg makes me love it so much though. I mean I personal hope this leads up to a proper sequel or bring the mmo to the west. While I could write a detailed thesis about EVERYTHING this game does wrong it is probably the the number one property from capcom I care about.