Dragon's Dogma Demo Hands-On

Crazy Zaul

Oct 5, 2010
The demo is short? I had it downloading (360) for about 2 hours and it only made it to 20%.
Not worth it then, unless the connection was just slow at the time.

Werekettle

Apr 17, 2010
Zhukov said:
Where is everybody getting this bloody demo from?

I can't find it for the life of me.
I'm in Aus and was on X-Box Live yesterday (25th) and it was up....

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
anthony87 said:
I just finished playing the demo there. I found it to be fan-fucking-tastic. Definitely a day one purchase for me. My one complaint? The AI characters tend to talk too much but other than that it's all gravy. When my only criticism is that people talk too much I can't help but think I'll be in for a fun time.

Although I'm a bit dubious about being able to pick up your party members. When I fought the Griffon, I jumped up to it as it was hovering in an attempt to grab one of its legs. At the same time, one of my party members tried the same thing.....aiming for the same fucking leg as me.

End result? I end up snatching my party member out of the air and accidentally tossing him across the field we were fighting in. Pretty damn funny but it was a little annoying being in the middle of a fight and all.
Lol. That happened to me once or twice, I have done the Chimera bout 4 four times and on the last I picked up my ally on accident when trying to grab the lion's head ended up throwing him into its maw. Pretty hilarious.

Dec 14, 2009
Played the demo for both the PS3 and Xbox versions.

Really good, definitely a day 1 purchase for me, although I can't really decide which console to get it for...

CrazyBlaze

Jul 12, 2011
ruthaford_jive said:
It was too short, and I really wish there was a dodge or roll move, but other than that, it was badass.

In the griffon battle the right shoulder button (trigger most likely for xbox) has the dodge button mapped to the X or the A depending on console of choice.

Lunncal said:
The only problem with the game was that it seemed to be ridiculously easy, but hopefully that's only because it was a demo. Then again, the boss fights were so ridiculously cool that they were still great even without any sense of danger, so I'll probably have fun with it regardless.

I've watched some videos showing of the fights in the dark. Not pretty. Its supposed to get a lot tougher in the night and I think that the Griffon battle was an earlier battle with better equipment than you most likely will have at the time in the retail. But who knows until we play.

OT: I loved the game. I keep going back to that Griffon fight. Its just so much damn fun to play even though I know exactly what to do to beat it. It is still fun.

bullet_sandw1ch

Jun 3, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
Played the demo for both the PS3 and Xbox versions.

Really good, definitely a day 1 purchase for me, although I can't really decide which console to get it for...
xbox so you can be around me (or the other way around)...

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
Zhukov said:
Where is everybody getting this bloody demo from?

I can't find it for the life of me.
If you're on Xbox a Gold subscription is required to download it.

Which is somewhat annoying due to the fact that im 2 years to young from downloading this, because in New Zealand child accounts are prohibited from downloading anything >.<

daveman247

Jan 20, 2012
StormShaun said:
Yeah.

- Higher Prices.
- No 18+ Rating.
- Later releases.
- Censored/Banned games.
- No unlimited Internet. (Like Canada and Korea)

Yeah I think they do. Hell wasn't the R18+ rating suppose to come out Last year/Early this year?

It is unfair compared to the rest of the world. D:
Anyway, still liking the look of Dragon's Dogma and can't wait until it's release.
Weelllll. Ratings, censoring and limited internet are hardly the game industrys fault? Blame your government. Actually game costing more might be the govs fault too :p

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
GobbieGoldchain said:
Thanks for the review, Jaeke!

I got all the time in the world (sort of). This should be a good experience.
Thank you! It seemed like quite a bit of people were looking forward to this and I know most people on this site are PC'ers and since its console exclusive (so far) I wanted everyone who wasn't able to get ahold of it to have a taste of what its like.