Dragons Dogmas coming to Netflix in September

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States

I am big fan of Dragons Dogma. I put more hours into that RPG than Skyrim, Kingdoms of Amalur and pretty much any big RPG of that generation. I am shocked it gets an adaption cause despite being sold on many different systems latest one being the Switch it never felt like it had that huge of follow. It stuck in a popularity limbo but over all I am excited for this.

The plot is the plot the show can only go up I just hope it at least have scenes referencing the game especially dialouge like "Tis weak to fire" just for the fun of it.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Is it just me, or do the images have serious Castlevania (Netflix) vibes?

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
Oh god, why? Liked the game, but the story was shit. Or maybe it was just the presentation. Probably both.

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States
Oh god, why? Liked the game, but the story was shit. Or maybe it was just the presentation. Probably both.
I would say shit because a whole lot of things got cut and the structure you can miss missions with can flesh out characters and events that happen very easily. For me it was not towards the end of game where this combines this mediterranean setting with medieval fantasy and just threw in east Asian concepts of reincarnation and made you go damn if only the whole game kept its focus.

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States
Is it just me, or do the images have serious Castlevania (Netflix) vibes?
Probably same studio. Which got me thinking about tone. Dogma is not exactly grim dark nor is it bright light hearted. So how this series is going to balance or what tone they will go with will be a mystery.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Never played Dragons Dogma(I think I have it in my GOG library somewhere) so I have no real opinion about this. I guess I'll give the show a shot in a month and a half when it's out and see if it's any good.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Considering there's, like, zero real characters in the game, what's to stop this from becoming the most generic Fantasy anime?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Considering there's, like, zero real characters in the game, what's to stop this from becoming the most generic Fantasy anime?
Castlevania (which is based off of 3) was able to have interesting characters considering you had nothing go off them personality wise in the original game. Okay, there's Alucard, but they based him off his Symphony of the Night design and even personality, which works for good reason. Not mention adding depth to characters you would never expect. I am not a Dragon's Dogma fan, I feel they can pull it off.