Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Dragons of Tarkir Spoilers

I see dragons in your future.

Read Full Article

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
Dude. Dragon Tempest [http://sales.starcitygames.com/spoiler/display.php?name=Dragon%20Tempest&namematch=EXACT&format=&s%5B5302%5D=5302foil=all].

Was [mtg_card=Scourge of Valkas] a powerful, but underused card? Would you like ALL your dragons to have its ability plus Haste for 2 mana?

HELL YES! Also: TIMMY!

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
2xDouble said:
Dude. Dragon Tempest [http://sales.starcitygames.com/spoiler/display.php?name=Dragon%20Tempest&namematch=EXACT&format=&s%5B5302%5D=5302foil=all].

Was [mtg_card=Scourge of Valkas] a powerful, but underused card? Would you like ALL your dragons to have its ability plus Haste for 2 mana?

HELL YES! Also: TIMMY!
I'd just put the finishing touches on my casual Dragon deck too... And now I'm going to end up going all standard on it's ass...

And I'm also stupid hyped for Exploit. My http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/law-of-the-fang/ deck is probably going to become R/B when Theros phases out.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
Now, as a commander player, that Necro'd Sidisi looks really good.

A tutor effect on a general? Fuck yeah.

Also, called it; the dragons are calling the shots now. But does that mean the Clans have lost their third colors? Maybe there's a new, prismatic clan, just sort of hanging out.

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
silver wolf009 said:
Also, called it; the dragons are calling the shots now. But does that mean the Clans have lost their third colors? Maybe there's a new, prismatic clan, just sort of hanging out.
The Uncharted Realms column in Magic's articles has detailed the in-universe reasoning behind the change from three-coloured khans to ally-coloured dragonlords. A dragonlord has taken over each clan - the same ally-coloured dragons found in Fate Reforged - and imposed their dominion over it, subjecting the clan to the will of that particular dragonlord instead of the rule of the khan.

I don't think there'll be a sixth clan, though, given that the set's mechanics have already been detailed here.

[hr]

Looking forward to seeing more revealed cards. They already described the Prerelease events, so I'm struggling to choose which dragonlord to side with. I've played Temur since Khans and had a blast despite losing constantly, so Atarka would be the proper one to choose for flavour reasons... but Ojutai gets rebound and I love the idea of rebound. I'll have to wait and see.

Imre Csete

Original Character, Do Not Steal
Jul 8, 2010
Yelp, I was hoping for enemy coloured cards this time, there goes my Izzet from the Jeskai. :(

Although Narset PW was recently spoiled, I just don't like Azorious that much. We play extended in-house with buddies, and Jeskai with the RTR Izzet is so much frickin' fun.

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Imre Csete said:
Yelp, I was hoping for enemy coloured cards this time, there goes my Izzet from the Jeskai. :(

Although Narset PW was recently spoiled, I just don't like Azorious that much. We play extended in-house with buddies, and Jeskai with the RTR Izzet is so much frickin' fun.
Heh, I'll certainly be writing more spoiler articles, but it is a little funny that I missed talking about that by one day. The new Narset is really good.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
As someone who is brand new to MTG, I am excited about this too. I learn thigs relatively fast, so I delved straight in with a Jeskai Monk deck, and I am already seeing how that OJUTAI'S COMMAND can positively effect my deck!

Now just need to find people to play! :S

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Elementary - Dear Watson said:
Your friendly local game store is usually your best bet. I've met most of my current circle of Magic friends from hanging out at the store, going to FNM, and such. Most LGS will usually have a casual Magic night as well if you'd rather not play in tournaments yet.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Slycne said:
Elementary - Dear Watson said:
Your friendly local game store is usually your best bet. I've met most of my current circle of Magic friends from hanging out at the store, going to FNM, and such. Most LGS will usually have a casual Magic night as well if you'd rather not play in tournaments yet.
Unfortunately I live in the arse end of nowhere in the UK. I am in the military, and annoyingly travel a lot. I am just about to move bases though, and am scoping any evening game clubs in the local towns to see if I can start properly... at the moment I am just honing basic skills on Planes 14 on Steam, learning the rules and ammending my deck as appropriate.

Sep 13, 2009
Anyone else really disappointed with Megamorph? The "morph" mechanic in Dragons was supposed to be something rather different from morph, but that you could see having evolved from manifest. It was supposed to represent the difference between the two timelines, two different things that manifest has become.

And what do we get? Something that could have easily just been added to morph with a "When this creature is flipped face up..." in the rules text.

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
The Almighty Aardvark said:
Anyone else really disappointed with Megamorph? The "morph" mechanic in Dragons was supposed to be something rather different from morph, but that you could see having evolved from manifest. It was supposed to represent the difference between the two timelines, two different things that manifest has become.

And what do we get? Something that could have easily just been added to morph with a "When this creature is flipped face up..." in the rules text.
I agree, but I get the idea though, since it plays nice with all the face down and +1/+1 counters matter cards throughout the block. Though honestly I wouldn't have minded it quite as much if they had just come up with a better name than 'Megamorph'. I mean come on WotC a simple thesaurus search could have turned up something better.

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
More spoilers trickle in, and holy crap again! I find it extremely amusing that [mtg_card=Narset, Enlightened Master] can now cast/summon herself [http://sales.starcitygames.com/spoiler/display.php?name=Dragon%20Tempest&namematch=EXACT&format=&s%5B5302%5D=5302foil=all]... and even more so that they seem to work very well together.

I can't wait to see what happened/happens/is happening/damn you timetravel... to the other Khans. We know Sidisi got zombified and is now adjutant to Silumgar (you could say it's not the Sidisi, just a Sidisi... heh), and Ojutai helped Narset get even more enlightened somehow... but what of Zurgo and Kolagahn? Anafenza and Doramoka? and the mighty bear-puncher Surrak training under the mightier world-render Atarka? I'm a little afraid of the Temur right now...

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
2xDouble said:
More spoilers trickle in, and holy crap again! I find it extremely amusing that [mtg_card=Narset, Enlightened Master] can now cast/summon herself [http://sales.starcitygames.com/spoiler/display.php?name=Dragon%20Tempest&namematch=EXACT&format=&s%5B5302%5D=5302foil=all]... and even more so that they seem to work very well together.

I can't wait to see what happened/happens/is happening/damn you timetravel... to the other Khans. We know Sidisi got zombified and is now adjutant to Silumgar (you could say it's not the Sidisi, just a Sidisi... heh), and Ojutai helped Narset get even more enlightened somehow... but what of Zurgo and Kolagahn? Anafenza and Doramoka? and the mighty bear-puncher Surrak training under the mightier world-render Atarka? I'm a little afraid of the Temur right now...
Zurgo is now Bell-Striker, and Ankle Shanker is now Phial Smasher.

Read the uncharted realms things, it's kinda awesome.