Draw a map in paint, person below must guess what it is.

SilkySkyKitten

Oct 20, 2009
spartandude said:
SilkySkyKitten said:
Welp! Here goes nothing...

If you had an N64 and three other friends to play multiplayer with back in the mid/late-90's, you should recognize this easily...
GoldenEye

no question about it, god i love that map
Glongpre said:
Goldeneye.

Those vents in the bathroom tipped me off.

edit:too slow
Wow, heh, that was quick.

I'd be pedantic and say "but what map specifically?", but that would make me sound like an asshole so internet cookies for both of you!

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
gmaverick019 said:
Geo Da Sponge said:
Okay, so. I did the outline of the map I had in mind, and it looked pretty good. So I thought, fuck that! I'd better mark the settlements to make it as ugly as possible! And wait, it needs roads! Oooh, I missed a settlement or two! Keep going. There. Now it's no longer minimalist and nice, it's horrible! :D

And, y'know. It's still missing a settlement or two.
i could be 100% wrong...because obviously with the insane amount of games out there, it could be something else, but is that fallout new vegas?
Yup, that's it. Like I said, when I just had the mountains, water and roads it's really clear. But adding the (badly) colour coded settlements just turned it into a clusterfuck.

Sep 14, 2009
Geo Da Sponge said:
gmaverick019 said:
Geo Da Sponge said:
Okay, so. I did the outline of the map I had in mind, and it looked pretty good. So I thought, fuck that! I'd better mark the settlements to make it as ugly as possible! And wait, it needs roads! Oooh, I missed a settlement or two! Keep going. There. Now it's no longer minimalist and nice, it's horrible! :D

And, y'know. It's still missing a settlement or two.
i could be 100% wrong...because obviously with the insane amount of games out there, it could be something else, but is that fallout new vegas?
Yup, that's it. Like I said, when I just had the mountains, water and roads it's really clear. But adding the (badly) colour coded settlements just turned it into a clusterfuck.
haha the water location and legion locations gave it away for me :p

at first i was like "wtf is that lime green blotch there...", but then the red instantly popped into my head.

nice work though, that probably took a while

Grivahri

Mar 26, 2012
gmaverick019 said:

I will give hints if asked! (probably will edit and spoiler them)

it is a map from a game though, I promise.

OT: I have no clue what that map is from to be honest.
Witcher 2?

Sep 14, 2009
Grivahri said:
gmaverick019 said:

Witcher 2?
that could be a result, but nope! a few others have answered and gotten it, but don't go scrolling if you don't want to see their answers!

it is from an rpg though, I'll give you that.

Ymbirtt

May 3, 2009
Holy crap, it's a map with a grassy end and a burnt end and a river running through the middle but which isn't DotA!

Also I'm on my Linux machine so I didn't actually make this with Paint. If this bothers you feel free to keep your mouth shut about it.

Apr 28, 2008
gmaverick019 said:

Albion.

Others have guessed the game, but haven't given a name :D

Apr 28, 2008
Ymbirtt said:
Holy crap, it's a map with a grassy end and a burnt end and a river running through the middle but which isn't DotA!

Also I'm on my Linux machine so I didn't actually make this with Paint. If this bothers you feel free to keep your mouth shut about it.
It's that one place from Runescape! Can't remember the name at all, but there's two teams, each try to capture the other's flag, and that's the map it's on!

Sep 14, 2009
Irridium said:
gmaverick019 said:

Albion.

Others have guessed the game, but haven't given a name :D

well look at you being all clever, ya smartass!

good point though :D

Ymbirtt

May 3, 2009
Irridium said:
Ymbirtt said:

It's that one place from Runescape! Can't remember the name at all, but there's two teams, each try to capture the other's flag, and that's the map it's on!
Bingo! It's called Castle Wars. I was half tempted to do the entire world map, then realised that I couldn't be bothered.

Also, this captcha is now asking me to describe Mazda with any words. "sodding terrible' DROP TABLE responses;--" ought to do.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
TheEvilCheese said:
All I can see is

File Island
No, but a damn good guess

TheVampwizimp said:
It's Numenor. I recognized it instantly, because I have used map editors in games to try creating it myself.
correctamundo

It was really stupid of me naming the jpg file after it, anyone who quotes me can read what it is.

to make up for it here's another

SilkySkyKitten

Oct 20, 2009
OlasDAlmighty said:

The Super Mario World... overworld. I can't recall if it had a proper name for the whole thing or not.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
SilkySkyKitten said:
OlasDAlmighty said:

The Super Mario World... overworld. I can't recall if it had a proper name for the whole thing or not.

WRONG!!!!

No, just kidding, it was the bridges wasn't it? The 2 vertical bridges are a dead giveaway.

SilkySkyKitten

Oct 20, 2009
OlasDAlmighty said:
SilkySkyKitten said:
OlasDAlmighty said:

WRONG!!!!

No, just kidding, it was the bridges wasn't it? The 2 vertical bridges are a dead giveaway.
Naw, I just grew up with a SNES controller almost superglued to my hands as I would waste countless hours playing Super Mario World, Mario Kart, and Super Mario All-Stars. I literally could never forget that map screen even if I tried. =P

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
SilkySkyKitten said:
spartandude said:
SilkySkyKitten said:

If you had an N64 and three other friends to play multiplayer with back in the mid/late-90's, you should recognize this easily...
GoldenEye

Glongpre said:
Goldeneye.

I'd be pedantic and say "but what map specifically?", but that would make me sound like an asshole so internet cookies for both of you!
I shall answer the call of pedantry and say: "The Facility"! If The Facility wasn't one of your favorite multiplayer maps, you just don't know what a good map is.

Crazie_Guy

Mar 8, 2009
wintercoat said:
SilkySkyKitten said:
spartandude said:
SilkySkyKitten said:

GoldenEye

Glongpre said:
Goldeneye.

I shall answer the call of pedantry and say: "The Facility"! If The Facility wasn't one of your favorite multiplayer maps, you just don't know what a good map is.

Oh man, I don't know how, but the INSTANT I saw that picture, before I could even really process it, my subconscious spat out GOLDENEYE 64. I miss those days, man.

Sep 14, 2009
Eddie the head said:
gmaverick019 said:
well look at you being all clever, ya smartass!

good point though :D
Someone said it on the first page they just didn't quote you.

nevarran said:
2 - A map of Albion, from Fable II.
They said Fable 2 but, it's the same place.
ah i did read over that, i was feeling like a bit of a **** at the time, and this is why:

http://fable.wikia.com/wiki/Introduction_to_Navigation

to a grammar nazi degree of analness, there is a difference :p

but yeah same shit different game in the trilogy.

Keoul

Apr 4, 2010
momijirabbit said:
Somebody tell me how to add pictures because nowhere on this entire site will tell me how.
LIES
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.198114-Escapist-User-Guide-to-Posting-Commands

But you're probably lazy so it's [ img]link to your image here[ /img]
Without the spaces, as far as I know the images have to be uploaded somewhere and you have to use a link.

OT: I barely recognize any of these maps... I really have to start playing more games...