"Dream of the Sky"

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
"Dream of the Sky"

Six hundred dollars, three singers and one broken spoon later, we had "Dream of the Sky."

Read Full Article

Helikaon

Sep 18, 2012
Great article! Really love your elaboration on the details of the song. Keep 'em coming!

Deverfro

Aug 2, 2009
I really dug the connection between Dream of the Sky and Little Sister. Plus, DotS is probably my personal favourite MoS song!

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
RIP Wooden Spoon, hero to us all.

Also yay, my question got answered (to be fair, I'm thinking it was one of the more popular ones asked)

Magikarp

Jan 26, 2011
That poor, poor spoon...
I didn't realise that much research went into it, now I feel ignorant. As for the forced bit, they probably just meant that it seemed shoehorned in when it didn't really fit. Personally, I thought that bit was great though.

2clueless

Clueless since 2003
Apr 11, 2012
Much respect, quite informative, thank you for sharing both your thoughts and your talents! Look forward to more.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
If I were that spoon I would rest easy knowing that my sacrifice was most definitely worth it.

Always great to see another Encore from you Gav. I love hearing about the process almost as much as I love hearing the music itself!

Still can't stop listening to Dream of the Sky though. Perhaps just one more time...

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
Well there is ONE other tip you could give up and comers: Jump at any and EVERY opportunity that comes along..
Actually I would kinda disagree with that one... certain opportunities can be a waste of time and even detrimental. It takes time to learn which ones to take and avoid, I'm still learning myself ;)

Namechangeday

Aug 13, 2012
First and foremost, RIP Wooden Spoon *sob*.
I really like reading comments that say "your attempt at/impersonation of an [insert country here] accent is terrible." especially when that person is from the said contry, and "fake" comments cause I have no idea what they mean when they say that.
Also, did you unlock any achievements?

Almack

May 1, 2012
YES return of encore I was afraid that you had stopped doing these column

maxben

Jun 9, 2010
I am glad that you were going for a "mini musical" feel as I totally felt that.
As someone not musically inclined and who doesn't watch musicals or listen to music all that much, it makes me happy that I "go it" (whatever that means when considering art).

And I agree, big big big props to Lorna. I am going to check out her stuff as I see that she has some live performance videos on youtube.

cricket chirps

Apr 15, 2009
No exageration here: Regular columns = more apreciation for your songs. I liked Dream of the Sky but felt it was a little clustered UNTIL I just read this column. See I have my slow moment where i just don't pick up on things and i completely missed the tears being the transitions.

Simple things like that can turn even the lesser well recieved songs of yours into MUCH more apreciated music for many people.

PS: Little sister is the "our song" for me and my girlfriend by the way :) (The grammer in the sentence hurts even me, sorry.) We both love your music and I decided to set it to play during our anniversary dinner. Literaly your music is helping bring people together ^_^ Thanks Gavin.

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
There is a Southern accent in there, isn't there?

Pretty good one it seems, since it didn't jar me enough to actually think about it.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
-a moment of silence for the wooden spoon-

The amount of work you put into this is incredible.

It reminds me of the days back when I used to make music videos as a hobby. I'm not musically inclined in the least, but I do understand the amount work that goes into editing something like that(though my videos were not nearly as complex as mixing a song). I'm actually starting to feel a bit inspired to pick that old hobby of mine back up.

This was definitely your best song to date, and I can't wait to hear what you've got coming next. I also look forward to more articles like these. It's always really cool to get more insight on your songs, it makes me appreciate them that much more.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
I'm pretty sure the "Terrible Irish accent" comment was a joke. If it wasn't then that's pretty hilarious.

Anyway, amazing song, very touching. Not gonna lie, I cried a little.

Irradiated Tiger

Feb 8, 2010
That wooden spoon died for a great cause.

Also, holy research, Batman you put a lot of work into this song. Glad that it payed off.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Good to have another Encore. It HAS been too long.

As for the comments you picked, what the hell is the "FAKE" one suppose to mean?

Do they think your song is suppose to be from the game, or that you didn't make it or........Ugh.
x( I'm wasting my time trying to think of what someone who was NOT thinking was thinking of, aren't I?

:D At any rate, well done!
Encore! Encore!