Drinking Games: Burnout: Revenge ... of Beer

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
Burnout: Revenge ... of Beer

Burnout: Revenge gets the honor of being the cause of Kyle's liver problems this week. Post or tweet your ideas for drinking rules to this game.

Watch Video

brinvixen

Mar 3, 2011
I rather like that rule about taking a drink based on placement (first is one drink, sixth is six drinks, etc.) I might have to apply it to all games with a placement feature! It's nice on rice! =P

EDIT: Captcha has gone crazy. Who would have thought I'd miss the old captcha days, where all I needed to do was decipher the funky looking letters and type what I see.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
I like the rules about pointing away from the screen getting directions :)

Are these ReCaptchas trying to reduce drunk posting, I can barely work them out sober.

instantbenz

Pixel Pusher
Mar 25, 2009
What was that PS3 comment at the very beginning?

These rules could work with most burnout games. I like the chess idea ... as long as I don't have to play with a pro. Who plays in chess club ... really?

leviadragon99

Jun 17, 2010
I feel bad that I actually hoped he was being honest when he atrributed his eyebrow movements to a stroke in the opening...

Also, thank god there's no stupid PSA this week.

personion

Dec 6, 2010
Best one yet! I really liked this one and the series is getting progressively better instead of fluctuating like some other shows. I genuinely thought it was funny and while it's not my favorite show on the escapist I'll still be watching all of your shows. This one had me laughing all the way through, good job.

Skops

Mar 9, 2010
SteelStallion said:
So here's the two things the show is supposed to have going for it:

1. Humor
2. Drinking games

1. You're not very funny. Dan is alright, the rest is boring.

2. First off, a lot of your drinking games can only be played online (as shown in the videos).

This is impractical, stupid, and defeats the purpose of drinking with friends. You drink in separate houses and communicate via headset while getting drunk alone? What a ridiculous idea. And what's the alternative? Bringing several xboxes and TVs to someone's house to play a mediocre drinking game?

My next point, you're a bunch of light weighs. "Take a drink" means something like a shot of hard liquor or a cup of beer, not a sip.

This means that every round you might finish 1 beer if you're lucky. How many rounds are you going to play over an hour while giving other people a turn, 2-3? 2-3 beers in an hour wouldn't even give me a buzz.

Sorry, I've watched every episode thus far and you've failed to impress. There's some serious flaws, especially the fact that no one can nor will use these drinking games because they aren't practical for a "party" scenario.
I agree 100%. Until they have a game where a party senario is essential, none of these are fun. And they need to step up with the alcohol, beer isn't good for drinking games, Rum, Vodka, or Gin is required.

Roofless

Oct 12, 2009
I am actually surprised they didn't do the Mass Effect rules.
There are dozens, my favourite are

1. Whenever Shepard says "I should go" - you take a drink

2. Whenever you see Miranda's "backside" in a dialogue/cut-seen/while looking through the scope - you drink until it's gone

Atheist.

Overmind
Sep 12, 2008
I wish you guys knew how to pour a beer. I generally enjoy the show, but watching you murder that pour kills me a little each time I see it.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
You shouldn?t drink after that stroke. Stick to smoking weed.
Perfect game for drinking and driving. One of my favorite games of all time.
What the hell is the ?hermaphtertouch??
I got one: Text & Drive ? Do a crash junction and do not look at the screen, instead try and text one of your friends while that friend yells instructions from the back seat (I mean, the couch) to keep you on the road and avoid crashing into other cars. If you manage to pass anyway, you take a drink.

Dastardly

Imaginary Friend
Apr 19, 2010
Firefilm said:
Burnout: Revenge ... of Beer

Burnout: Revenge gets the honor of being the cause of Kyle's liver problems this week. Post or tweet your ideas for drinking rules to this game.

Watch Video
A little Nintendo love wouldn't hurt no one. Still waiting for Legend of Zelda: A Drink to the Past. For the lonely, single-player drinkers out there.

- When you finally have full hearts and shoot sword energy... but then take that first hit -- Drink.
- When you forget what you're doing and have to visit the Fortune Teller? Drink until the fortune is told.
- New heart container? Finish your drink and open/pour a new one.

Oh, and where the hell is Super SMASHED Brothers: Brawl?

- Fall off? Drink.
- Enemy got the hammer? Everyone else drinks 'til it runs out.
- Use your super smash move? Everyone drinks, but the user drinks two.

- It costs 3 drinks to pick one of the "top tier" characters (Looking at you, Meta-Knight.)
- When the brawl is done, first place drinks 3, second place 2, third place 1, and fourth place none. As the game progresses, you'll all start to kind of... even out, skill-wise.

Rabish Bini

Jun 11, 2011
Skopintsev said:
I agree 100%. Until they have a game where a party senario is essential, none of these are fun. And they need to step up with the alcohol, beer isn't good for drinking games, Rum, Vodka, or Gin is required.
Alternatively, use Grappa!

Still enjoying this show, but like others have said, please do games more suited to an actual party!

smeghead00

Oct 26, 2008
i agree 'take a drink' is lame. Why not use the good old 'drink x fingers worth'.
The obvious problem is for a drinking game to work well, it will need many people in the same room, so using consoles would be impractical.
Instead of doing this with burnout, why not try it with flatout 2? This would also eliminate the problem of not being able to turn while drinking, as arrow keys can be used with only one hand

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
the clink's of the bottles [the transition]

really annoys me for some reason

and im sorry but i didn't find today's episode very entertaining

simon oeyen

Dec 25, 2008
I like the show as well. Not as funny as some others but I'd say you need to see this as an inspiration to start your own drinking games and have fun with them (instead of complaining this show isn't entertaining or they don't drink the right way...). I suppose it's kinda hard to find a bunch of adults who want to get sh*tfaced every week for your entertainment alone. I do like a drinking game, but that's something you do once a month max imho.

P.S.: I already have the drinking chess... Chessboard with shot glasses instead of normal pieces: AWESOME!!