Drone Hunting License In the Works In Colorado Town

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
DVS BSTrD said:
Let's see how gung-ho these morons are when they realize the drones can shoot back.
And they'd better not pretend they give a shit about government spending when they go out of their way to damage government property. They'll be paying more for the repairs then they will for the licenses. But hey, as long as their tax dollars aren't going to welfare programs for illegal immigrants.
They're not supposed to be armed, they're supposed to be surveillance only drones. If they're armed thats a whole nother can of worms.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
I like how they plan to charge $25 (and award $100) to take out multi-million (and in some cases, multi-billion) dollar machines.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
Let's see how gung-ho these morons are when they realize the drones can shoot back.
And they'd better not pretend they give a shit about government spending when they go out of their way to damage government property. They'll be paying more for the repairs then they will for the licenses. But hey, as long as their tax dollars aren't going to welfare programs for illegal immigrants.
You're implying that, if the proposal passes, the government will send any drones towards Deer Trail.

It's called "deterrent".

rasta111

Nov 11, 2009
Wow... Just wow... Americans... Don't ever change.

captcha: which one is food? None captcha, they're hunting unmanned surveillance drones now, where will it end...? The humanity.

bravetoaster

Oct 7, 2009
DugMachine said:
Drones aside, shooting guns up in the air over a populated town/city is not a smart idea. And the government would surely fine the town for the loss of the drone. I don't like surveillance drones but this is the wrong way of getting rid of them.
Which is more important to you, though--attempting (almost certainly futilely) to destroy property of the federal government, or not killing random people at the other end of your bullets' arc?

Clearly this is the best approach to the problem of the government blatantly disregarding the constitution, as it doesn't stop any of their unconstitutional activities and it'll increase business for funeral homes.

Necrofudge

May 17, 2009
Good people. My kind of people. They shoot first and ask questions later, but they're shooting at the drone menace, so it's okay.

SinisterGehe

May 19, 2009
I am sure there is a law against damaging Military equipment. Couple million dollar drone shot down by a hillbilly, I am sure the government is all O.K with that - and I am sure that it can really be classified under civil rights. Also, if you get caught I am quite sure you'll lose the fight in court of law against the military and if you win, I am sure you loose outside the law.

Also anarchy to restore democracy - that has worked so well in the history thus far.

This isn't really a smart move in my opinion.

But what do I know... I am just an outside observer from a country in which sanity governs - both people and government. Also we don't spend 50% of our income on military and the same amount of energy as whole of sweden.

Hold on. Ill stop talking now get my popcorn and start observing this mess - this will be fun!

iniudan

Apr 27, 2011
Can't wait for some redneck to confuse a plane or helicopter for a drone, or for a bullet/downed drone to actually come back down on someone, has shooting in the air in a city is retarded, has you have no idea where the bullet will land, unless it's a warning shoot, has it can be less risky to do it in the air, then having the bullet injuring someone with a ricochet.

Starnerf

The X makes it sound cool
Jun 26, 2008
Steel admitted that he's never actually seen a drone flying over the town
So he knows this isn't an issue. He's planning on boosting the budget by selling licenses for $25 to paranoid citizens who will never be able to collect a bounty because no one will be able to shoot it down, and if they do they get hauled off to prison for destroying government property.

It's fairly brilliant, really.

Veylon

Aug 15, 2008
Any patriotic members of the military want to chime in on this? You guys are protecting our freedoms, why aren't you shooting down these drones? It's downright embarrassing when the civilians have to take care of anti-aircraft all by themselves.

LordLundar

Apr 6, 2004
Machine Man 1992 said:
Also, keep in mind the kinds of guns people use:

If they're shooting at flying targets, then logically, they're going to use a shotgun. Falling shot, even buckshot, lacks the energy to do anything except bonk you on the head a little.

This is assuming The Man sticks to tiny little quad-rotor drones. If it's a predator drone, your going to need a flak cannon.
Only if it's fired exactly straight up where there's no horizontal momentum. If there is it can still be a lethal round and no one is going to be firing straight vertical.

Here's the proof. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2076431/Rachel-Yoder-shot-gun-1-5-miles-away-Amish-girl-15-killed-freak-accident.html

Machine Man 1992

Jul 4, 2011
LordLundar said:
Machine Man 1992 said:
Also, keep in mind the kinds of guns people use:

If they're shooting at flying targets, then logically, they're going to use a shotgun. Falling shot, even buckshot, lacks the energy to do anything except bonk you on the head a little.

This is assuming The Man sticks to tiny little quad-rotor drones. If it's a predator drone, your going to need a flak cannon.
Only if it's fired exactly straight up where there's no horizontal momentum. If there is it can still be a lethal round and no one is going to be firing straight vertical.

Here's the proof. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2076431/Rachel-Yoder-shot-gun-1-5-miles-away-Amish-girl-15-killed-freak-accident.html
That was a muzzle loaded deer rifle. Shotgun pellets are tiny and lose momentum rather quickly (for bullets anyway. Even at a hundred yards, birdshot will fuck you up). The reason why the authorities are so anal about hunting rifles, but not so much about hundreds of BB's is exactly that reason.

Daemascus

WAAAAAAAAAGHHH!!!!
Mar 6, 2010
What a bunch of morons. Half the point of a drone is that it is not meant to be seen. And with the FAAs current rules regarding unmanned aircraft I doubt they will ever have one flying over their town. More liking they will end up shooting at remote people control aircraft and manned aircraft. Not to mention I'm pretty sure deconstruction of federal property would be a felony offense.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
... If they shot down a government owned drone, wouldn't the fine for destroying government property be more than $100?

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Don't drones fly at like 5,000 feet? How would you even shoot one down?

TheSapphireKnight

I hate Dire Wolves...
Dec 4, 2008
Maybe I missed something, but are they referring to Government drones or anything that flies with a camera on it?
I assume its the second bit. While shotguns might be tough, given how expensive ammo is trolling with small helicopters and quadcopter might be a cost effective exchange.

This is ridiculous on so many levels, but I kind of wish a large group RC enthusiast would descend upon the town.