Drugs! a solution to lifes ills.

electric discordian

Apr 27, 2008
Now given that drugs have been done to death here, this will I am guessing in some part be non search bar friendly.

However here's the thing we normally discuss weed, I am going to posit a possible alternative reality where in the late nineties in the UK ecstasy was legalised and alcohol was banned.

I have never taken a drug in my life, I am not pro drugs but I am pro society working well!

If Ecstasy was prevalent there would have been no binge drinking, water would be in clubs not beer as alcohol can kill you. So no drunken brawls, but lots of loved up people shagging. Alcohol would have the same effect though.

Ecstasy can kill you immediately, stone dead no long death by liver damage and brain cancer. Which would free hospital beds. You would choose to take the drug so that's on you if you die at least your not killing anyone else!

Music would be much more interesting.

Bad Boys 2 would be a very different film.

So what does everyone think on this topic? I think the world would be a lot better at the cost of the individual!

Lets hear your views!

hotdogoctopus

Jun 16, 2009
My drug is booze, I kill my pain with beer and single malt whiskey.

Marijuana should be set free.

I have a hookah, and I love smoking shisha, I would never do drugs because of a personal strength thing. But, I'm of the opinion, if people want to destroy themselves, let them. It'll help curb the tide of an Idiocracy scenario.

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
Drugs are for the weak!!!

You can't stand the pain? suck it up and grow some balls. Life stinks, big deal. YOU'RE NOT ALONE! Stop feeling sorry for yourself, get up, pull yourself forward and do something about it. I don't care about your "boo-hoo, look at me, my life was bad, I need to escape. wah-wah." Shut up, I don't want to hear your crap story. You want to know why?

because there are people in the world without clean water, and they would happily drink the water we have in our toilets. So unless if you can make a valid argument that you're life is as bad as theirs' and you NEED to escape; I'd love to hear it. You're "escape" is a luxury that many people cannot afford.

Puzzles

Aug 9, 2009
Furburt said:
Took cocaine once, wasn't too impressed.
I notice a lot of people say that about coke. I've had good coke and bad coke, and I found good coke gave me the best nights of my life; it is the best party drug I've had. Bad coke was a let down, though, so I'm going to assume most people with your reaction got some poorly cut ratio of coke and whatever.

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
Furburt said:
I take lots of drugs. Except weird ones like PCP and Heroin. Took cocaine once, wasn't too impressed.

Overall I'm a marijuana, acid, salvia and shrooms type of guy. Try to keep it natural.

Also, I think weed is a much safer substance than alcohol. Case in point from Bill hicks:

Bill Hicks said:
I have never seen two people on pot get in a fight because it is fucking IMPOSSIBLE. "Hey, buddy!" "Hey, what?" "Ummmmmmm...." End of argument.
Natural is the way to go. Although the only thing I've done is Marijuana. I had a cup of shroom tea once, but it was the third boiling so it didn't do anything to me, was probably nothing but manky water. Sad thing though, I can't even smoke Marijuana without also drinking an energy drink because it mellows me out so much. Last week-end my band played a show and I got high for the first time in a while, then chugged a red bull while watching the UFC match, and I ended up storming the stage and taking the guitarist's guitar from him because he couldn't remember the riff to Black Flag's "Nervous Breakdown". Good fuckin' times.

Someone said something about legalizing all drugs for people 18+, and I gotta say I disagree with it. There's some stuff that even mature adults can't handle properly, like Crack and Heroin. Any drug that can establish a market just by letting people have the first taste free then succumbing to terrible addiction, this stuff should be illegal. It ruins lives. But the only reason the government maintains marijuana's status as a controlled substance is to control the hemp market and not interfere with the success of tobacco and pulp paper. Fucking hypocrites, telling us it's dangerous for us when they're perfectly fine pumping tar and nicotine into our systems. Fuck them.

Lexodus

Apr 14, 2009
I may or may not be an accordion.
I guess that means I'm one step ahead...

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
Puzzles said:
Furburt said:
Took cocaine once, wasn't too impressed.
I notice a lot of people say that about coke. I've had good coke and bad coke, and I found good coke gave me the best nights of my life; it is the best party drug I've had. Bad coke was a let down, though, so I'm going to assume most people with your reaction got some poorly cut ratio of coke and whatever.
That must be the case. I've gotten bored just watching people do coke, it looks miserable. But I'm sure in Columbus, OH the kids on the punk scene aren't exactly tapped into the high grade shit. That's what I like about weed, in the midwest it's not hard to get your hands on good homegrown as long as you have good friends.

Lexodus

Apr 14, 2009
orangeapples said:

You can't stand the pain? suck it up and grow some balls. Life stinks, big deal. YOU'RE NOT ALONE! Stop feeling sorry for yourself, get up, pull yourself forward and do something about it. I don't care about your "boo-hoo, look at me, my life was bad, I need to escape. wah-wah." Shut up, I don't want to hear your crap story. You want to know why?

because there are people in the world without clean water, and they would happily drink the water we have in our toilets. So unless if you can make a valid argument that you're life is as bad as theirs' and you NEED to escape; I'd love to hear it. You're "escape" is a luxury that many people cannot afford.
Fuck that, fuck them, and fuck you.
Is it lonely up there on your pedestal, troll?

Rancid0ffspring

Aug 23, 2009
orangeapples said:

I'm assuming you are talking about Junkies, homeless & complete F**k ups. Did you read the OP? Where did he moan about life being too hard for anyone? You do realise that you probably know quite a few people who have taken or still do take drugs of some kind right? You just don't know it!

OT: I don't believe the world would be better if we took E's instead of drinking. Come downs lasted a day or 2 for me when I used to take the stuff. Hangovers can be got over in a morning. Also I was a lot more insecure after taking E & it's hard to talk to anyone

Levitas1234

Oct 28, 2009
I rarely drink alcohol unless i am at a party or something but i do smoke weed because it is alot less harmful to the body than alcohol, i find it odd that alcohol is so accepted by the gov.t but marijuana is shunned by it.

Ewyx

Dec 3, 2008
orangeapples said:

Spoken like a true person who's never done drugs. :) It's not always about escaping reality, sometimes it's more about warping it, to experience something that is not attainable under normal circumstances. Then again, my experiences were mostly with shrooms.

I, for one, would like to see every illegal substance legalized. People should have the right to ingest, inject, snort any substance they like. I would, however impose harsher laws against driving under influence or doing anything that could threaten others. Not just on that, but would put laws into place, that would minimize the possibility of harming any OTHER individuals, besides the one taking the substance. Some health coverage plan changes too? Ah well...

Some of my best memories are from shroom trips, don't see anything wrong with that.