Drugs! a solution to lifes ills.

Levitas1234

Oct 28, 2009
orangeapples said:
Drugs are for the weak!!!

You can't stand the pain? suck it up and grow some balls. Life stinks, big deal. YOU'RE NOT ALONE! Stop feeling sorry for yourself, get up, pull yourself forward and do something about it. I don't care about your "boo-hoo, look at me, my life was bad, I need to escape. wah-wah." Shut up, I don't want to hear your crap story. You want to know why?

because there are people in the world without clean water, and they would happily drink the water we have in our toilets. So unless if you can make a valid argument that you're life is as bad as theirs' and you NEED to escape; I'd love to hear it. You're "escape" is a luxury that many people cannot afford.
Who are you to say that shit? Not everyone does drugs to escape some sort of pain, and why are you saying things like "Shut up, I don't want to hear your crap story." this thread has nothing to do with misery or depression so why don't you quit being 12 and actually read the posts before seeing the word "drugs" and ranting on about how you don't care about someones story! and who are you talking to, who has been talking about there terrible life on this thread?

Littlee300

Oct 26, 2009
21+ i say, and only for weed. Cocaine and heroine (stuff like that) can ruin your life. Especially with a market that get you hooked. Imagine this your going to a store, and the clerk offers you a free sample of heroine after it has be legalized, and then you get a addicted :p

Some people ideas got fed from drugs though. I wonder how many comedians would start sucking without some...

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
Furburt said:
My dad had an idea. Have Marijuana sold in the same way as cigarettes, have acid, shrooms and other not too bad but still pretty strong drugs in hemp stores (maybe cocaine, I don't know) and have the crazy fuck you up drugs available only with a prescription you can get from your doctor, but he'll tell you about all the problems and if you'd be ready for it and whatnot before he let you have it. It would be difficult to get, but not difficult enough that you'd go back to crims for it. Also, it would be cheaper than street prices to drive criminals out of business, because frankly, the government could charge 10 cent an ounce for it and still make a profit.
That's a wonderful idea, just a couple practical holes in it. First, you wouldn't get doctors to evaluate and prescribe those drugs unless there was a disease/cure relationship. Otherwise it'd be a "strictly a formality" thing like what they have in California which wouldn't help mediate much, because what would stop a doctor from giving prescriptions to unstable people if he could still turn a profit? Second, the government would never do anything as 'silly' as drastic undercutting when it could enter the market as an equal player and maintain the same profit margins that keep the criminals in business. Fuckin' hypocrites they are.

Furburt said:
Also, would you like to join my usergroup?.

You look like you'd fit in.
Totally. I'm in!

Apr 24, 2008
I will drink beer, and smoke weed...but do neither often. I recognise that they are awesome, but doing anything too often will cause it to become boring.

TotallyFake

Jun 14, 2009
electric discordian said:
Ecstasy can kill you immediately, stone dead no long death by liver damage and brain cancer. Which would free hospital beds. You would choose to take the drug so that's on you if you die at least your not killing anyone else!

Lets hear your views!
Hilariously facetious report from David Nutt:http://www.encod.org/info/EQUASY-A-HARMFUL-ADDICTION.html

In short:Ecstasy causes 30 deaths a year, compared to 10 from horse riding. Sadly, I can't find the numbers of how many ecstasy users vs horse riders there are. More worryingly are the numbers on death reporting. (http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2009/nov/06/drugs-bnp for neat graph) 9% of Herion deaths are reported. Compared to 106% (yes, more than 100%) of ecstasy deaths.

How about harm? Nutt gives says""acute harm to person" occurring in approximately 1 in 10,000 episodes of ecstasy use compared to about 1 in 350 episodes of horse riding"

In short: Ecstasy doesn't seem very dangerous.

quiet_samurai

Apr 24, 2009
Except that if you take ecstasy too much it will ruin your brain.

Also

There is pretty much a zero percent chance that you will get that "one bad beer" and die after you drink it.

Ecstasy just feels too good, life is not meant to seem that artificial.

TheLastCylon

Apr 14, 2009
I dislike drugs, alcohol, tobacco, etc.

They ruin lives. Anyone taking something like that should stop immediately.

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
Sexual Harassment Panda said:
I will drink beer, and smoke weed...but do neither often. I recognise that they are awesome, but doing anything too often will cause it to become boring.
This, is questionably reasonable. I'm not sure you understand how internet forums work, we're supposed to make the issue binary then split into radically opposed teams and yell at each other until someone gives in. Stop being so mature!

But yes I came to the same conclusion a couple years ago, drinking whiskey and ripping the bong multiple times a day while living on my own. It got to the point that weed turned me into a kind of zombie-brain and alcohol just about lost all its appeal. Living the straight life for a while has helped with both, still I envy all the people I know who can smoke every day and still lead responsible and social lives - my body just ain't built for it, sadly.

Fanusc101 said:
I dislike drugs, alcohol, tobacco, etc.

They ruin lives. Anyone taking something like that should stop immediately.
LOL see, this guy has the right idea!

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
What the hell?

Ecstasy is not a "better drug" than simple ethanol because it makes people smear vicks vaporub all over their bodies.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
I'm sick of the amount of hypocrisy around what drugs are good and bad.
If E was legal I'm not sure of the difference it would make, I've been in clubs where everyone was pilled, and it was one of the friendliest environments I have ever been in, or it was just in my head... I've been in places where everyone is drunk and it's hostile as a badgered badger.

Either way I'd like to see everything taken away, re-evaluated and put laws on based on what is harmful and what isn't, or just tax everything and let adults make their own decisions with an age restriction.

JRShield

Dec 9, 2009
I live in the Netherlands and trust me, alcohol does the best job in easing your life. Weed makes you want to eat to much and xtc only makes you hyper.

FutureHousedad

Oct 15, 2009
Furburt said:
300lb. Samoan said:
Furburt said:
This stuff was pretty good, but it just wasn't for me. I don't like it, too jittery, too paranoid.
UGH that sounds fuckin' terrible
Indeed.
Also, would you like to join my usergroup?.

You look like you'd fit in.
I-Like-This.

OT: Someone mentioned earlier that they smoke weed to alter reality....i.e. enjoy a movie one watched sober from a new perspective. I find a nice bowl or two can really enhance the experience, funny movies are funnier, scary movies are much, much scarier.

Numb1lp

Jan 21, 2009
Furburt said:
I take lots of drugs. Except weird ones like PCP and Heroin. Took cocaine once, wasn't too impressed.

Overall I'm a marijuana, acid, salvia and shrooms type of guy. Try to keep it natural.

Also, I think weed is a much safer substance than alcohol. Case in point from Bill hicks:

Bill Hicks said:
I have never seen two people on pot get in a fight because it is fucking IMPOSSIBLE. "Hey, buddy!" "Hey, what?" "Ummmmmmm...." End of argument.
I agree completely. Pot is no where near as bad as booze, but it is not socially accepted like booze, either.

Iron Mal

Jun 4, 2008
While I agree with the sentiment that pot is a better drug for use than alcohol or cigarettes I disagree with the idea the thread title proposes (that drugs are the solutions to all of the problems in life).

Drugs are like morphine (which, ironically, is a drug), they numb the pain but they ultimately do nothing to heal you when you're wounded (drugs will make life more tolerable when things are down but ultimately it's just a way of running from your problems rather than solving them).

senorcromas

Sep 24, 2009
Well... there's been more than one war started because of alcohol, and then there's the whole drunken rage issue...

Is that a problem with ecstasy?
I think not!

BUT! In alcohol's defense, Do you know who almost never drank alcohol? Hitler. Therefore, not drinking alcohol is a step towards becoming Hitler. Therefore (again) alcohol must also be kept legalized!

Problem solved. except not really...

Personally, I prefer beer...

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
I haven't and don't plan on taking drugs, but I have nothing against those who do. I just choose not to because I like being aware of myself and my surroundings. I had oral surgery a while back and had IV sedation, and I was honestly bothered by waking up in my bed. I prefer to know what's going on around me, and I'd rather not have anything interfere with that.

As for life's ills, what doesn't kill me makes me stronger. Or dies horribly, as the situation warrants.

clairedelune

Oct 9, 2006
Have you seen what people look like on x? They do this weird sucking thing with their face. Not attractive. I'd rather be drunk.