Drugs! a solution to lifes ills.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Cant do drugs at all, shit, I wont even take paracetamol or aspirin when ive got a headache.
Got to punch through that barrier naturally dawg

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
The only thing I'm addicted to is sugar, caffeine, & chocolate...espedcially that bitter european stuff.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
ludicer said:
I don't think hard drug should be legalized. I do support the legaliztion of weed because it's awesome...
"Hard drugs" are another part of the government's propaganda.

Most drugs, even "hard" ones leave little ill effect if used by a non-addictive personallity, that is, irregually.

Claymorez

Our King
Apr 20, 2009
Maxwell -EOD- said:
My drug is booze, I kill my pain with beer and single malt whiskey.

Marijuana should be set free.

I have a hookah, and I love smoking shisha, I would never do drugs because of a personal strength thing. But, I'm of the opinion, if people want to destroy themselves, let them. It'll help curb the tide of an Idiocracy scenario.
Shisha is the SAME AS MARIJUNA (if you didn't already know that

LAST I CHECKED MARIJUANA WAS A DRUG - so you saying you don't do drugs is bull.

(sorry just had to point that out)

-Law has done little to stop drug taking - the effect would either be no one doing drugs cause of fear or lots of dead people and very low NHS taxation.

thylasos

Aug 12, 2009
claymorez said:

LAST IN CHECKED MARIJUANA WAS A DRUG - so you saying you don't do drugs is bull.

-Law has done little to stop drug taking - the effect would either be no one doing drugs cause of fear or lots of dead people and very low NHS taxation.
Shisha is tobacco mixed with fruit and molasses, (and possibly additional flavourings).

Tobacco is a drug, though. And I partake. It'll kill me a damn sight quicker than smoking weed, which I intend to switch back to as soon as I get to a friendlier area.

President Moocow

Nov 18, 2009
orangeapples said:
Drugs are for the weak!!!

You can't stand the pain? suck it up and grow some balls. Life stinks, big deal. YOU'RE NOT ALONE! Stop feeling sorry for yourself, get up, pull yourself forward and do something about it. I don't care about your "boo-hoo, look at me, my life was bad, I need to escape. wah-wah." Shut up, I don't want to hear your crap story. You want to know why?

because there are people in the world without clean water, and they would happily drink the water we have in our toilets. So unless if you can make a valid argument that you're life is as bad as theirs' and you NEED to escape; I'd love to hear it. You're "escape" is a luxury that many people cannot afford.
Whilst that may be applicable, you are wrong to assume that everyone who tries drugs do it because they need to escape from the "cruel society". This is the escapist, granted that might prove that many drug users here do it because they hate life and need an escape but people here do something as tame as play video games to escape the "cruel real life" (pathetic, but remember that again, not everyone is like that).
This whole mentality of "I need something to escape the cruel real life instead of facing my problems" is unhealthy, not the drugs or alcohol that results. Even people who drink a lot will tell you: if you are drinking because you are drowning your sorrows, then you shouldn't be drinking because something's seriously messed up with you and alcohol will not help. Same goes for weed and e. If you truly do believe that life sucks, you have issues.

Now, you tried to rationalize backwards and assume that all people do drugs because they need to escape the world. Wrong. Most of the time, alcohol is used just to get over the social anxiety (but I can hardly expect anyone here to know this, now can I?). Weed is just used because it feels fucking amazing. You don't need to feel depressed to want to feel fucking amazing. Ever had sex on weed? Waves of pleasure engulf your entire body and you are taken to the clouds... times 1000! Ecstasy makes the sensation of raves that much more crazy.

I drink and do drugs and yet I'm not a nihilistic douche who believes every part of life and spreads idiotic ideas like how our society is going downhill etc.... Quite the opposite, I fucking love every aspect of life!

hotdogoctopus

Jun 16, 2009
claymorez said:
Maxwell -EOD- said:
My drug is booze, I kill my pain with beer and single malt whiskey.

Marijuana should be set free.

I have a hookah, and I love smoking shisha, I would never do drugs because of a personal strength thing. But, I'm of the opinion, if people want to destroy themselves, let them. It'll help curb the tide of an Idiocracy scenario.

LAST IN CHECKED MARIJUANA WAS A DRUG - so you saying you don't do drugs is bull.

You must be an idiot or just confused.

Shisha Tobacco (I'll be more clear next time) is tobacco soaked in flavored molasses.
In arabic the word shisha is synonymous with the english term 'hookah'. It is used to describe the type of glass and hose system used to smoke the tobacco.

Hashishe which I'm sure you were thinking of in your confused state. Is the same as marijauna "if you didn't already know that". It is used in early arabic texts to not only refer to cannabis resin but the flower heads and such that was used with it.

WestMountain

Dec 8, 2009
Butthen drugs would become mainstream and it would be not cool to not use them and kids would use them more and it would die alot more then from alcohol

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Xzi said:
That's their choice, though. Unless you're a complete moron, you know that hard drugs will destroy your life, so the majority of us stay away from them. For the people who don't care if their life goes down the shitter, they should have the personal freedom to take them, so long as it isn't negatively affecting anyone else. And as for the aforementioned morons who take them not knowing any better, well that's Darwinism at its finest for you.
You say "unless you're a complete moron", but from what I've heard, there are a great many number of clever and productive people out there who've at least tried, if not are addicted, to these kinds of drugs much in the same was as alcohol and cigarettes.

People say the same kind of things regards alcohol and cigarettes-- "it's their fault if they get liver problems, throat problems, etc". And yet, on these forums we've established that we (and our governments) cannot just stand back and watch a wide number and variety of people lose their lives so painfully due to drugs, either from a moral standpoint or from an economical one.

I'd also like to point out that people take drugs for different reasons. Some because of peer preassure, others because they're suffering from depression due to the loss of a loved one, others out of sheer curiosity. Recently here on the news (UK) the government announced that a ridiculously high number of school kids by the age of 15 had at least once tried cocaine (something like 10-15% I think). I wouldn't call them morons, just too young to rationalise. I mean, how many of use tried a cigarette by that age? If my 12 year-old sister had taken coke, I wouldn't call her a moron. I know she's an intelligent girl, and whatever her reason for doing so, it wouldn't be because she's brainless. And I certainly wouldn't leave her to get addicted and I'm sure you wouldn't want members of your family to either?

6 months ago I would've agreed with your comment, but people on these forums have pointed out that prevention is better than cure, legalising coke and heroine is a bad idea from the start.

Furburt said:
Well, at least they'd be under the auspices of the government, it would make it easier for them to get help.
Refer to this argument I posted earlier in the thread for my solution.

Well at least
How would it make it easier to get help? Are people with coke and heroine problems delayed/ barred from getting help right now (that's not asked in a patronising way, I'm asking genuinely because I don't know)?

Has making cigarettes legal made less people addicted and more able to quit smoking, and easier? I guess there's no way of saying as it's always been legal, but I'm guessing 'no'. It's the other way round. No matter how much care you have to prevent smoking, there's no denying that once you're addicted, it's not as simple as waking up one day and saying "that's it, I'm not touching it again, and it'll be as easy as clicking my fingers". It's an ADDICTION. I think people use the word so losely now they tend to overlook the severety of it. Supposing you legallised smack, and you had all the doctors in the world to overlook the patients, that won't make helping them overcome addiction any easier for them.

Furthermore, even if doctors did limit the amount of coke and heroine you took, for starters people who want more would start arguing "it is my god given right to take as much as I want, it shouldn't be up to the government to dictate how much I can and can't have" and before you know it BAM! the government has had to change the law to allow people to take as much as they want due to freedom of speech, political correctness or something like that. That's exactly what would happen if you restrained the number of alcohol and cigarettes people have.

When you set up a system such as that, there will always be people out there wanting to break the barriers down in the [often miss-used and miss-understood] name of democracy and freedom.

Furburt said:
Also, it would be cheaper than street prices to drive criminals out of business, because frankly, the government could charge 10 cent an ounce for it and still make a profit.
OR if people still want more than their doctors proscription, they'll resort to buying from the illegal trade again, and so there goes an end to your "it'll put an end to the illegal drugs trade".

I'll say it again, prevention is better than cure.

titanium turtle

Jul 1, 2009
electric discordian said:
Now given that drugs have been done to death here, this will I am guessing in some part be non search bar friendly.

However here's the thing we normally discuss weed, I am going to posit a possible alternative reality where in the late nineties in the UK ecstasy was legalised and alcohol was banned.

I have never taken a drug in my life, I am not pro drugs but I am pro society working well!

If Ecstasy was prevalent there would have been no binge drinking, water would be in clubs not beer as alcohol can kill you. So no drunken brawls, but lots of loved up people shagging. Alcohol would have the same effect though.

Ecstasy can kill you immediately, stone dead no long death by liver damage and brain cancer. Which would free hospital beds. You would choose to take the drug so that's on you if you die at least your not killing anyone else!

Music would be much more interesting.

Bad Boys 2 would be a very different film.

genious
apart from- if I drink I wont die instantly- if I take X i might
apart from that it would be perfect

So what does everyone think on this topic? I think the world would be a lot better at the cost of the individual!

Lets hear your views!

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
I don't take drugs, never had.
Just because I like to remain... what's the word?
Aware of whatever the fuck I'm doing.
And also because every single person I know who takes drugs turns out to be pretty pathetic when it comes to actually facing a shitstorm. Although that's probably just coincidence.

MR T3D

Feb 21, 2009
be A LOT worse, as the booze can be taken in relatively small quantities with little effect.
going to bad boys deuce, in the OP, it'd be EXACTLY 18% less awesome, truth be told.

cheese_wizington

Aug 16, 2009
Until it kills you.

The only drug I would use is LSD.

You can't overdose, you can't get addicted, and it has no negative side affects.

TK421

Apr 16, 2009
Furburt said:
Also, I think weed is a much safer substance than alcohol. Case in point from Bill hicks:
Bill Hicks said:
I have never seen two people on pot get in a fight because it is fucking IMPOSSIBLE. "Hey, buddy!" "Hey, what?" "Ummmmmmm...." End of argument.
He's right you know...