DSi Price Drop Coming to Britain

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
DSi Price Drop Coming to Britain

British gamers are set to get some love from Nintendo, as the company has announced its plans to reduce the price of its DSi consoles in the UK.

The DSi is going to be getting less expensive in the UK, thanks to Nintendo. The company has announced that the console's price will be dropping an unspecified amount, with the final cost to be determined by retailers.

"In the UK Nintendo will be reducing the trade price of Nintendo DSi [http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-DSi-Console-2d-Black-DS/dp/B001T8W2LW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1276202392&sr=8-1] to retailers from June 18, 2010," Nintendo said. "The ultimate price to consumers is, of course, determined by the retailers."

This is the second major news piece about DS prices from Nintendo today. Japan saw a similar announcement, with DSi XL units receiving three new colors and a significant cost dip from ¥20,000 (£148/$218) to ¥18,000 (£133/$196). Regular DSis will be reduced from ¥18,900 (£140/$206) to ¥15,000 (£111/$164). While the specifics of the British adjustment have yet to be revealed, one would think they will be similar to those announced for Japan.

Currently the DSi has a standard retail pricetag of £149.99 (about $218) in the UK, with online retailers currently selling the hardware for around £120 (roughly $175). US gamers might want to know where our discount is, but a quick Amazon search reveals that we already pay less for our Nintendo consoles.

Source: <a href=http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/dsi-trade-price-drops-in-uk>GamesIndustry.biz

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
vansau said:
US gamers might want to know where our discount is, but a quick Amazon search reveals that we already pay less for our Nintendo consoles.
That's right, rub it in...

Dr. Crawver

Doesn't know why he has premium
Nov 20, 2009
oh joy, I get to pay less now for a piece of tech I still don't really want. Still, I guess some people will be happy about this

Dioxide20

Aug 11, 2009
Lol and just as the Euro begins to tank...to 38 cents more then the US dollar...

sigh...

CyberAkuma

Elite Member
Nov 27, 2007
What the hell is the bloody reason to buy the DSi when the DSi XL is coming here???

Also, +$200 USD for that thing? Are they taking a mick?! You can buy the PSP 3000 for that kind of money - hell you can buy an Wii or Xbox360 Live Arcade for THAT!
The Nintendo DS pricing is just completely bonkers.
Pass!

nick n stuff

Nov 19, 2009
DSi is lame. no GBA port so no guitar hero and DS games are questionable at best. get a regular and save yourself some money

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Straying Bullet said:
Last warning: Get a friggin' PSP. This handheld is a SCAM!
Ummm... I hope this is a joke, otherwise I don't know where to begin...

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Straying Bullet said:
JoJoDeathunter said:
Straying Bullet said:
Joke? What joke? The PSP is a capable handheld with some unique games on it. Whatever it is, it's for me outright superior to some flimsy touch-screen handheld called DS. And don't worry, you don't need to begin.
No, I can see there's no point trying to argue with you, you've evidently made up your mind on which handheld you prefer... but even if we just assume for a moment that the PSP is superior, how does that make the DS a scam? Nintendo aren't trying to trick anyone...

Mana Fiend

Jun 8, 2009
Got a DS Lite recently, loving it. I personally prefer having a GBA slot over a camera, but since when has a price drop ever been a bad thing?

I know I'm gonna regret that statement when someone points out a bad price drop at some point. :p

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Wewt! Finally! been waiting for them to consider a price drop on this...has been far too expensive for me recently so this should help me reconsider

LightspeedJack

May 2, 2010
Straying Bullet said:
JoJoDeathunter said:
Straying Bullet said:
Joke? What joke? The PSP is a capable handheld with some unique games on it. Whatever it is, it's for me outright superior to some flimsy touch-screen handheld called DS. And don't worry, you don't need to begin.
PSP has superior graphics, DS has superior games. DS just works better as a handheld console.

Dec 14, 2009
Straying Bullet said:
JoJoDeathunter said:
Straying Bullet said:
No second analog stick = fail.
Try not to sound like so much of a fanboy.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Straying Bullet said:
JoJoDeathunter said:
Straying Bullet said:
Calm it folks. This is how flame wars break out. How about we all agree that BOTH handhelds suck?

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
JoJoDeathunter said:
DS - no analog at all = super fail

Seriously, why isn't Nanostray 2 on the PSP?

I own a DS and it has a diabolically low number of games actually worth owning. I bought the original DS at launch and since that time I've only kept 4 games, with the rest being part exchanged or sold off within the same week I've bought them at.

Yeah, if you're thinking of buying a DS, don't bother. It's not worth more than £30. Get a GBA SP if you really want a decent Nintendo handheld.

asinann

Apr 28, 2008
Terramax said:
JoJoDeathunter said:

I own a DS and it has a diabolically low number of games actually worth owning. I bought the original DS at launch and since that time I've only kept 4 games, with the rest being part exchanged or sold off within the same week I've bought them at.

Yeah, if you're thinking of buying a DS, don't bother. It's not worth more than £30. Get a GBA SP if you really want a decent Nintendo handheld.
The only reason to have a DS is to get all the remakes of the square classics (Chrono Trigger, Dragon Quest 4 and 5 and the like, all unavailable on the SP.) But as for the PSP, the only games I ever bought for it were remakes of old PS1 games, so in reality neither one is worth much more to me than a portable SNES or PS.

Dec 14, 2009
Terramax said:
JoJoDeathunter said:

You quoted the wrong person.
The analog stick would be a good argument if the DS did plenty of 3rd person games, which it does not. There are plenty of them of PSP, no 2nd analog stick means that the d-pad has to be used to control the camera which is a huge pain in the arse.