Duke Nukem Fan Movie Features Disaster and Sexy Dancing

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Duke Nukem Fan Movie Features Disaster and Sexy Dancing

Alien invaders spilled Duke's beer, so naturally, they all have to die.

A group of Finnish Duke Nukem fans have finally completed a short, and not entirely safe for work, tribute to the man himself, titled The Duke: Fate of Humanity. Filmed in a single day by the New Dawn [http://newdawn.fi/production-company/newdawnltd] production company, the three minute film captures the essence of the character almost perfectly.

The short begins with a short news broadcast, which reports that objects resembling meteorites have been sighted all over the world. Not everyone believes that the objects are simple space rocks however, and are preparing for something all together worse.

With that brief bit of exposition out of the way, the film immediately cuts to what Duke is doing while all this is going on: whiling away a few hours at a strip club. Then there's a fairly long section of a good looking lady dancing in her underwear, which is only interrupted when the room starts to shake, presumably when the "meteorites" start hitting the ground nearby. Duke calmly sits through the whole thing, only getting up when the seismic activity knocks over his beer. He picks up his gun, which is inexplicably on the table in front of him, and goes to "deal" with the situation.

The short attracted the attention of George Brousard [http://twitter.com/#!/georgeb3dr/status/18909187396341760], the creator of Duke Nukem, and Mikey Neumann [http://twitter.com/#!/mikeyface/status/18934736118353920], creative director at Gearbox, who were both impressed with the films quality. New Dawn says that it wants to make a longer film starring Duke, but says that finding the resources to do it properly presented a problem.

Source: RipTen [http://www.ripten.com/2010/12/25/duke-nukem-fan-made-movie-kicks-ass-chews-bubblegum/] via Destructoid [http://www.destructoid.com/duke-nukem-fan-short-shakes-it-baby-190363.phtml]

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
His cigarette flame was purple, what kinda cancer stick is he smoking?

EDIT: that being said, you could probably just have Duke shoot a meteor with an outrageously large gun he pulls out of his car and end that then and there and put up a black screen with the text saying something like, "And then Duke saved the world, and it was awesome," and you'd have about all you need in a Duke Nukem movie to make it complete.

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nice CCN report, if a bit realistic (They appeared to be reporting on actual news, very unloyal to CNN)

Aside from that, awesome.

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
That was pretty great. It's only proper etiquette that you kill all the aliens that spilled your beer, obviously. As for why the gun was there, let me ask you something. Are you going to try to stop Duke (also known as the manliest man ever) from bringing his pistol into a strip club? I thought not.

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
Not gonna lie, what'd happen if it was actually just meteorites, or an earthquake?

Would he just shoot the sky, pieces of rock, or the soil beneath his feet?

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
dududf said:
Not gonna lie, what'd happen if it was actually just meteorites, or an earthquake?

Would he just shoot the sky, pieces of rock, or the soil beneath his feet?
Yes. Yes he would.

As for the film, pretty cool. Hail to the king, baby!

Natdaprat

Sep 10, 2009
That was impressive. I'm now convinced a duke film could work. That is if you're not expecting anything more than a cheesy action flick with a badass character.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Pretty awesome, but a bit different from the Duke Nukem persona. He would cuss under his breathe and get pissed about his Beer, not silently jog out the door.

Well being this is a trailer to set the mood, I can forgive...

cairocat

Oct 9, 2009
I don't think u guys understand, this was the entire movie not just the trailer.

OT: It was way too short to have 1:40 of a pole dancer.

ironlordthemad

Sep 25, 2009
Ok I get that Duke is suposed to be a combination of all the over macho video games and that everything is a sex joke... but a cigar with a purple tip... come on!

GrimTuesday

May 21, 2009
Now I really want a Duke Nukem movie. Sure it will just be a mindless bunch of violence and sexy ladies but it will be a self aware mindless bunch of violence and sexy ladies.

m72_ar

Oct 27, 2010
Well Duke Nukem as a franchise is supposed to be cheesy. So cheesyness is expected

kannibus

Sep 21, 2009
The only thing that left me confused was this: Why was Duke drinking such craptacular beer? Shouldn't he be drinking manly beer like AK or Sam Adams?