Duke Nukem Lends Voice to NeoGAF-Developed Videogame

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Duke Nukem Lends Voice to NeoGAF-Developed Videogame

NeoGAF is creating a full fledged videogame with an extremely long name, and has brought Duke Nukem along for the ride.

A community project being developed over on NeoGAF [http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=381946] has apparently attracted the talent of Jon St. John, the original voice of Duke Nukem. The game is called Dudebro - My Shit Is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time, with St. John voicing the game's hero, Dudebro.

Dudebro - MSIFUSIGTS/SY2, in addition to having a ridiculous name, is a parody of the stereotypes often included in videogames, such as macho, immature dudes and excessive violence. It's a top-down shooter that will pay tribute to old-school gaming, with crazy boss fights included. The game's story is as follows:

Dudebro II follows the exploits of elite soldiers John Dudebro™ and his sidekick Habemus Chicken as they chase anyone who threatens the world's brodiocity - an arms dealer, a voodoo priest, an evil glee club and more. Along the way, they'll have to fight through swathes of expendable enemies, including aliens, zombies and even yetis.

Don't believe the game is real yet? The extremely early version of Dudebro runs through a browser and can be tested through a link in its official forum thread, though it's pretty hard at the moment and shouldn't be taken as indicative of the final version. The over 100 unpaid developers of Dudebro are calling themselves Grimoire Assembly Forge and have put out an official press release, so they appear intent on following through with the full version.

The game will be released worldwide for free on its website [http://dudebro2.com/].

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
Yay! It's almost like Duke Nukem exists again!
I might try that game out. Sounds funny at the least.

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
This actually sounds pretty funny.

better have something about not having gum and needing to kick ass though >={

Feb 13, 2008

Oh dear

Stick with weapon 1, run around screen, point at bots...rinse and repeat. All the rest of the stuff is pointless. A poor RoboTron clone at best at the moment. This sort of thing disappeared with Re-Loaded.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Meh, I don't care much for those Meta-games where it's all "LOLOLOL It's like a video game parodying a video game!@#!@$" or whatever sense I'm trying to make out of it.

It looks interesting though, and with it's captivating title how could I pass it up?

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
tmujir955 said:
dududf said:
Game of the Year anybody?

Damn right.
I believe the phrase you are looking for is, "Damn straight", good sir.
The phrase says that, but I'M not saying that ;)

(I like Damn right better then Damn straight)

Sir Kemper

Jan 21, 2010
*Duke Nukem Voice On*

"It's time to chew bubble gum, and texture enviroments, and i'm all outa gum..."

*Duke Nukem Voice Off*