Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Remember dungeon fighter online? That old MMO that played like a sidescroller beatemup with fighting game inputs for moves?

Well, it's getting a fighting game based on it made, and it's by arcsys, with their glorious cell shading no less called DNF Duel.

Mad hype. I especially love the revolver guy, reminds me of Alucard a bit. Though I'd prolly go for the martial artist or the main char with the greatsword. Who knows, maybe they'll add a ninja too XD.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
Another generic anime fighting game? Pass. Give me more Guilty Gear instead.
That's not generic at all, it's extremely random and niche to maker a fighter based on an 11 year old mmo that almost everyone forgot exists lol.

And yeah GG strive is being developed, we get the Anji and final char trailer in 4 days and the release date is in April.

There's no either/or thing going on here, we get BOTH of those :p.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Never expected this. I never got in to Dungeon Fighter, but I knew a friend who played a lot of it back in the day. I did like not MMO's nor paying for them, so I skipped out on DFO. I don't mind getting this. Hopefully, it will have a brawler mode similar to Granblue Fantasy VS. That would be freaking sweet.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
Wow I guess they're having a Dfo renaissance. Love the art style in that 3D game too. Especially the various monsters.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
New Trailer!

Man that fighter girl looks incredible. And the Berserker goes full blood Bayonetta monster lol. Though Gunslinger's still the coolest of them all.

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States
This is interesting.

I used to play the shit out of DFO when it was still under Nexon and I remember stopping after my account got hacked.

I guess original DFO is doing well if its branches out to different genres.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I used to play the shit out of DFO when it was still under Nexon and I remember stopping after my account got hacked.
Sorry, man. I thought getting the game at some point, but backed out of laziness and not wanting to pay a subscription.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
This is interesting.

I guess original DFO is doing well if its branches out to different genres.
It's actually one of the most profitable games of all time believe it or not. It wasn't that big in the US but absolutely huge in asia.

Reactions: Jarrito3002

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
So I forgot I had a topic here or I'd be updating it, but anyhow, game's a week away, here's a trailer with all the chars!

If you go to their youtube channel you can find individual trailers for everyone except the very last guy with the longsword and purple energy stuff who is the boss.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
Bump cause game's coming out tonight!

Here's a recent dev tourney!

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa

Game is mad fun, spent all day yesterday in training mode figuring stuff out.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
Slowly getting there!