Dungeon Master Need a Moment? Throw Up a D&D Loading Screen

JonB

Don't Take Crap from Life
Sep 16, 2012
Dungeon Master Need a Moment? Throw Up a D&D Loading Screen

Ever find yourself in need of a few moments of peace behind the DM's screen? Well, have I got the thing for you...

castlewise

Lord Fancypants
Jul 18, 2010
I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere, but you can see a couple previews from the DMG

http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/news/extra-life

Right now there are previews of the Deck of Many Things and some Figurines of Wonderous Power.

Rituro

Critwrencha
Sep 18, 2008
castlewise said:
I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere, but you can see a couple previews from the DMG

http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/news/extra-life

Right now there are previews of the Deck of Many Things and some Figurines of Wonderous Power.
Magic rings are up now. Day made. Thank you, Castlewise.

Jan 12, 2012
Now I'm wanting to print out "Learn the Lore, the DM worked very hard on it" and glue that to the front of my DM screen. Maybe staple it to the forehead of the guy who thinks that calling the King "Your Majesty" all the time means I don't know he forgot the dude's name.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
It's hard to express how amazing these are. Even if you're not going to actually sit behind them and work on the game, you can bust one out to step outside for a few minutes to scream and rage at how the players are ruining everything. =3

Geo88

Nerdy Wordsmith
Jul 20, 2010
Holy crow, I'm going to use all of these for my online sessions. Each week, I'll set the default page to one of these so they're the first thing my players see when they sign on.

Ingenious!

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Another one came to me while reading those.
"If campaign contains no dungeons or dragons, it isn't legit D&D campaign. Demand refund!"

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Thunderous Cacophony said:
Now I'm wanting to print out "Learn the Lore, the DM worked very hard on it" and glue that to the front of my DM screen. Maybe staple it to the forehead of the guy who thinks that calling the King "Your Majesty" all the time means I don't know he forgot the dude's name.
Your Majesty? Maybe he is just reallllllllllllly polite? XD

OT: They all DO look really useful and/or funny!

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Geo88 said:
Holy crow, I'm going to use all of these for my online sessions. Each week, I'll set the default page to one of these so they're the first thing my players see when they sign on.

Ingenious!
Hi Geo88,

what service(s)/site do you use for that?
Interested in also going online, since my players can't come over very often...

Cheers,
Kenjitsuka.

Geo88

Nerdy Wordsmith
Jul 20, 2010
Kenjitsuka said:
Hi Geo88,

Cheers,
Kenjitsuka.
I use Roll20.net, but another popular one is MapTool. Both are pretty solid. I've heard of a third one called Fantasy Grounds, but I have no experience either playing or watching games on that one. It's probably worth taking a look at all three to decide which one works best for you and your group.

In any case, good luck and happy gaming!

Edit: Another nifty tool for any virtual tabletop game is TokenTool. It's an easy way to make tokens to represent players/important NPCs/regular NPCs/monsters that you can't find any decent pictures of in the library of your chosen site. It just requires java to use.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
These are hilarious!

Or, well, most of them are. Since I haven't bothered to learn 5th Ed (still over on Pathfinder, thanks), I'm unfamiliar with a few of the items mentioned.

I might print a couple of more universal ones out for use. Thanks!

Baddamobs

Aug 21, 2013
Alright, I'll bite: these are actually pretty great.

For the DM, the Lore one REALLY hits home.

For the players: NEVER split the party. Just don't, damn it!

Great work ^_^b

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Geo88 said:
Kenjitsuka said:
Hi Geo88,

Cheers,
Kenjitsuka.
I use Roll20.net, but another popular one is MapTool. Both are pretty solid. I've heard of a third one called Fantasy Grounds, but I have no experience either playing or watching games on that one. It's probably worth taking a look at all three to decide which one works best for you and your group.

In any case, good luck and happy gaming!

Edit: Another nifty tool for any virtual tabletop game is TokenTool. It's an easy way to make tokens to represent players/important NPCs/regular NPCs/monsters that you can't find any decent pictures of in the library of your chosen site. It just requires java to use.
Thanks for the tips! I look forward to using them!!! :D