Dungeon World: Welcome to the Dark Side

Christopher B

Sep 9, 2009
Dungeon World: Welcome to the Dark Side

You've always wanted to join a Dungeons & Dragons cult, admit it.

Read Full Article

Jul 22, 2009
I should really start playing Dungeons and Dragons... I really want to and I recently found a nearby independent hobbyist store :D

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
I need to fine a place where I can get the full kit.

Also, since this is the darkside..WHERE ARE DA COOKIES!?

Amazon warrior

Jul 7, 2009
Phleebx? Cat got your keyboard? :p

Nah, kidding. I enjoy these articles and think it's very cool that the Escapist has stuff for the TT gamer.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
I think I'll steal this cult and apply it on the midwestern states of the US expy of my modern fantasy RPG setting. I'd already estabilished it as a country that looked down on the fantastic, so ascribing it to zealotry is only natural.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Christopher B said:
You've always wanted to join a Dungeons & Dragons cult, admit it.
For a second I thought the article was going to be about how to find the hot female DM who teaches real magic from the Jack Chick tract. 'Cause I'd so totally join that cult.

Anyway.... Rather like the Blessed Ones. The design of the creature reminds me a little bit of the Penanggalan. (Side note: Don't Google that if you have a weak stomach.)

RowdyRodimus

Apr 24, 2010
I'd love to be able to play D&D, but where I am the only tabletop game that gets played is Warhammer, not that Warhammer is a bad thing but I just don't have the time or money to invest in all those mini figs.

Anyone know of like a directory to find groups by area?

v3n0mat3

Jul 30, 2008
Awesome idea! I'm thinking about using these guys, just going to have to transfer them into 2nd ed.

Amazon warrior

Jul 7, 2009
RowdyRodimus said:
I'd love to be able to play D&D, but where I am the only tabletop game that gets played is Warhammer, not that Warhammer is a bad thing but I just don't have the time or money to invest in all those mini figs.

Anyone know of like a directory to find groups by area?
They have an entire article on how to find a gaming group right here on this very site. Lookie: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/checkfortraps/7452-Check-For-Traps-How-to-Find-A-Gaming-Group

Hope you find something! :)

RowdyRodimus

Apr 24, 2010
Thanks for the tip! I googled Fort Smith Dungeons & Dragons and got a group that actually meets at the library (I use the one on the other side of town) about 10 minutes away from my house lol. If things go well, maybe Neremo Woodrunner will quest again! (Jeez, I hadn't thought of my D&D character from the 80's in forever)

Amazon warrior

Jul 7, 2009
RowdyRodimus said:
Thanks for the tip! I googled Fort Smith Dungeons & Dragons and got a group that actually meets at the library (I use the one on the other side of town) about 10 minutes away from my house lol. If things go well, maybe Neremo Woodrunner will quest again! (Jeez, I hadn't thought of my D&D character from the 80's in forever)
That's brilliant - have fun! :)

Madshaw

Jun 18, 2008
that was a kick arse little bit of story, one of te many reasons i'm lookin forward to uni is so i can find a d'n'd group, i'd love to learn to play it these columns as well as check for traps make it sound great

Pietroschek

Jun 20, 2010
Hello! Actually our own group was a D&D cult from the start. When I, as author, openly published about playing protagonists from, back then, Book of Vile Darkness and Lords of Madness... some peoples lack of system knowledge just made them call me a spooky freak instead...

GMwise: By system there is really not much between good, evil and so forth. Switching roles is possible and only the stupid ever fell into clichè stereotypes...

2nd for art... finance a simple splatter film with your own private money before you blame anybody for adapting to the market?

3rd... Only your hubris makes you ignorant. What if your Good really IS other peoples evil? Tastes vary and I am sickened by that victimizing-moralist-sermon from Book of Exalted Deeds...

On one page people couldn't see humour or contemplation in my statement, that using real world genetic science to create Illithid could happen sooner, then anybody expects...

For my intent, based on an old and not that good file, the task simply was, to play both sides. One time the "heroes" and next the people who had to live under those heroes egomania, henceforth fighting back those tyrants in toughest guerilla spirit...

GMwise again: Verisimilitude or did I write that wrong now? I dislike worlds, where monsters are not scaled and NPC do not level at all. It is glorification of tyranny which comes from this... all creatures should be capable of level-up and especially in PC-Games there should be a minimum of 3 spice-ups (ugrades) for all. What good is being king level 44 when your guards are still all crappy NPCs level 1? There is a mistake in thinking which spoiled my joy of products I cared about...

Even older: Spelljammer and the revival it had online... WHY should anybody be forced to play humans in such a setting? All races, like in "Master of Orion" kind of games, should be open so all players can play as they please.

Sorry for dabbling, I go back searching mods for Spellforce 2 now...