Dungeons and Dragons: The Soda

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Dungeons and Dragons: The Soda

Not content to allow World of Warcraft and Halo corner the market on gaming-themed carbonated beverages, RPG grandaddy Dungeons and Dragons now has its very own line of sodas.

These newfangled videogame franchises and their multi-tiered merchandising campaigns. Action figures, movies, commercials, snack foods. Back in the day, all you needed was a group of friends, some pen and paper and a whole lot of imagination and well, dammit, you were having the time of your life. Gaming-themed sodas? Who needs that? Well, actually, wait, that doesn't sound so bad.

Following in the line of great videogame beverages like World of Warcraft Game Fuel and Gears of War Immulsion Liquid, Dungeons and Dragons now has its very own line of sodas [http://www.myjones.com/limited/wizards]. This isn't just some chemical-infused elixir that'll turn your teeth orange and give you hallucinogenic visions, though. Nope, from Bigby's Crushing Thirst Destroyer to the Potion of Healing, all flavors of the Dungeons and Dragons Spellcasting Soda are flavored with pure cane sugar, which means if the advertising's not lying, it'll taste better than your run-of-the-mill corn-syrup concoction does.

Other flavors include Sneak Attack, Dwarven Draught and Eldritch Blast. Jones is known for coming up with all sorts of wacky flavors for their drinks, so I'd imagine these are all some pretty out-there taste experiences. Maybe we'll do another soda review and let you guys know if these are any good, but in the mean time, if you're looking for a drink for your next DND gathering, I can't think of anything better.

Dungeons and Dragons Spellcasting Soda ships in six-packs for $10.99 and 12-packs for $18.99. Bonus: it comes with a Drow Assassin figurine, too! When was the last time you heard of soda coming with a toy?

Aardvark

Sep 9, 2008
They can release all the sodas they want, I still want a mountain dew. Then I'll roll the dice to see if I get drunk.

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
Bigby's Crushing Thirst Destroyer ROFL. D&D: The Soda wins the name game.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
I <3 Jones' Soda. Hopefully this stuff will keep up with the usual standards. And yes, please do another review so I know if I should dish out the money for these.

Satin6T

May 5, 2009
all I have to say is
"drink tentacle Grape soda!"
http://www.tentaclegrape.com/

Heart of Darkness

The final days of His Trolliness
Jul 1, 2009
Heh. I want some Potion of Healing now.

Is this gonna be available through any retailer of Jones' sodas? Or are these special order items?

katsa5

Aug 10, 2009
I couldn't believe it when I saw that title, but then I saw Jones Soda and then it made sense. They made Thanksgiving Turkey soda, there's nothing they can't do!
Yet again, another gaming soda to join the ranks of Gamer Fuel. And those health and mana vials you can find thinkgeek.com and other gamer places.