Hevva

Shipwrecked, comatose, newsie
Aug 2, 2011
Dust: An Elysian Tail Review

A perfect end to summer.

Read Full Article

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
So glad to hear this. I've been watching this game for a few years now and am so glad it is out and well-received.

Now if only I had a working xbox so I could play this game I've been waiting forever for...

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Andy of Comix Inc said:
And if you live in the Southern Hemisphere, you don't deserve our analogies!

Nice review, Mr Tito.
This review was actually written by Heather Mclellan. I mistakenly took credit for her genius but that should be fixed now. Sorry about the confusion!

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Another reason to get an Xbox, I see. Also, that first screenshot looks highly reminiscent of the opening to Paper Mario. That can't be a bad thing.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
I saw RicePirate (a youtube animator) talking about this game a few days ago and I have to say, it looks REALLY neat-o.

Heck, I might even dust off my 360 to try this beauty.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
I'm really glad you reviewed this game; it's absolutely brilliant!

I was blown away by the game's overall quality and the addictive nature of the gameplay. As much as I love creative indie games, I'm never able to stick with them for very long but Dust had me gripped until the end.

Well... I'm almost at the end, just got a few secrets left to find...

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
Greg Tito said:
Andy of Comix Inc said:

Nice review, Mr Tito.
This review was actually written by Heather Mclellan. I mistakenly took credit for her genius but that should be fixed now. Sorry about the confusion!
Ah.

So it's her fault for the summer analogies Australians won't understand? Good to know.

Alcaste

Mar 2, 2011
I've been watching this game since I heard about it. Jazz was my absolute favorite thing as a kid... Now I just hope it comes to a console other than the 360 - As much as I want to play this, I can't justify buying a console for it

Hevva

Shipwrecked, comatose, newsie
Aug 2, 2011
Andy of Comix Inc said:
Greg Tito said:
Andy of Comix Inc said:

Nice review, Mr Tito.
Ah.

So it's her fault for the summer analogies Australians won't understand? Good to know.

You'll have to accept my apologies; I live in Scotland, so all I know of summer is what I've seen in movies. I'm not sure it actually exists at all.

loa

Jan 28, 2012
It has its flaws, items are blatant upgrades with rarely any sidegrades so there's no reason not to always just equip the newest stuff you get which is kind of boring, treasures are completely meaningless and rarely contain anything useful so secret hunting is basically just a prestige thing and the story could've been handled a bit better in some places that I won't spoil now.

Still this is a very solid game worth the money.
The person making this game took navi from oot and made her not only tolerable but endearing, imagine that.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
Hevva said:
Andy of Comix Inc said:
Greg Tito said:
Andy of Comix Inc said:

Nice review, Mr Tito.
Ah.

You'll have to accept my apologies; I live in Scotland, so all I know of summer is what I've seen in movies. I'm not sure it actually exists at all.
It doesn't exist. It's just a myth to make you buy package holiday tours.

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
Andy of Comix Inc said:
I tend to blame Microsoft. They're the ones who call these releases the "Summer of Arcade".

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
Falseprophet said:
Andy of Comix Inc said:
I tend to blame Microsoft. They're the ones who call these releases the "Summer of Arcade".
Actually, for the first time, Microsoft called it Winter of Arcade in Australia...! That you don't know that means you don't read Extra Punctuation and that's very sad. :(

JoshuaMadoc

Sep 3, 2008
I REALLY hope this comes out on Steam or PC digital download. I want to have this game in my library so I can smother this in the face of furries who actually believe Shark Attack [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo6QZjCXSbw] is a bullet hell (when it's just a dumbed down Forgotten Worlds+Gradius mashup).

I was actually pretty angry most of them gave this game the cold shoulder.

Kiba Bloodfang

Jan 24, 2010
I wouldn't call Fidget's three flavors of projectile a "nice repertoire". She can throw glittery orbs that buzz all over the screen, fireballs that make fire tornadoes, or shoot lightning that... lightnings... Fidget was kinda lacking in the attacks department, only having three projectiles.

lancar

Aug 11, 2009
Well. It finally came out for the PC... and it really is every bit as brilliant as we thought it'd be (near flawless PC adaptation, too).
If it wasn't for Totalbiscuits "WTF is..." of the game, I would've missed out as the escapist didn't mention it (if it did, then I completely missed it).