Dynasty Warriors for PC - Anyone have clues which one to get?

AceAngel

May 12, 2010
Yeah, yeah, I was inspired by Jim.

Anyhow, the last version of DW which I played ages ago was on my PS2, and one of the first games I had was DW to keep me company when games on the PS2 were dry.

Long story short, I want to play it again because I remember it was so much fun.

Anyone mind telling me which version of DW is recommended for PC? I read up that 7 is not available but 4, 5 and 6 are.

However, at the same time, the highest ranker between these is 4, especially the expansions added to it, it seems like a bunch of stuff was added, but not sure if they're available for PC.

HOWEVER, at the same time, the whole roster of the characters seems to have been cut down in 6 as well 4, while 5 seems the most complete with characters, but apparently misses out on certain modes, even with expansion, or the expansions are console exclusive.

Then there is the Warriors Orochi, which apparently has over 95 characters is like Dynasty, only not.

I'm confused by all this, on what exactly was added, removed, and such. I did a scan of the wiki's but things got even more confusing, as the Expansions and their so called 'Edit' mode.

I have been out of the circle for a while. Could anyone explain things to me or tell me which one offers the complete experience? That would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
I don't know about PC but on my PS2 I still play DW 5 empires a lot. It's pretty fun but they did take a few things out of it.

It's the one I'd recommend though, I haven't played past it but I heard they cut out a lot and empires on 5 is a lot of fun.

Siyano_v1legacy

Jul 27, 2010
for having playing almost all DW, I would say grab the latest either DW 6 or Warriors Orochi, anyway almost all DW are pratically the same and give more or less of the same couple of character

Jaloopa

Jul 7, 2011
I wouldn't recommend 6 personally. There were some nice additions but overall it's less satisfying than 3-5. I never played 4 that much, all I really remember is that you could go into a 1-1 duel with the enemy generals. 5 was the game I sunk most of my time on the original xbox into. A very fun game, and the characters are varied enough to keep it interesting levelling up several of them.

You might want to see if you can get Samurai Warriors too. Similar to DW5 in a lot of ways, but with some interesting new modes as well, and set in Japan rather than China

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
Not sure if it's available for the PC, but for the PS3 i know i've had quite a bit of fun with DW: Gundam.

Other than that DW 6 is pretty good too, but i just didn't have as much fun with it. Wouldn't call it bad though...