E.U. Trade Committee Rejects Controversial ACTA Bill

notimeforlulz

Mar 18, 2011
There's only one paragraph in that first link describing the infringements of privacy. Can someone provide a link about the privacy problems that is a bit more indepth.

Jharry5

Nov 1, 2008
Well, this sounds positive, but it hasn't been completely rejected yet, has it?

I only hope that other countries decide against it as well. I mean, if a politician says it was worded too vaguely...

Me55enger

Dec 16, 2008
And yet the award winning Wankers in the British parliament are desperately trying to pass legislation that will require all Phone and internet providers to record and store every phonecall, mail, download and message sent, received and thought of.

Fuck that.

Good news the worthless cretins in Brussels have thier heads screwed on this time though. Looks like they were bored of bending over to the americans this month.

Meanwhile, Greece is barely functioning and Spain has requested a bailout package.

This is a great victory, but drowned in the persistent wailing of those who refuse to help themselves.

Daverson

Nov 17, 2009
Wait... the EU actually did something useful?

This can only be a sign of the impending end-time. Hold me, I'm scared! D=

Nickolai77

Apr 3, 2009
And this is why i'm glad Britain's in the EU- i trust the EU to protect my liberties more than the current British government.

rapidoud

Feb 1, 2008
Me55enger said:
And yet the award winning Wankers in the British parliament are desperately trying to pass legislation that will require all Phone and internet providers to record and store every phonecall, mail, download and message sent, received and thought of.

Fuck that.
Meh, the US already records them all for you.

Dreadman75 said:
So the system can work on occasion, who knew?

Seriously, this is a great thing. I just wish it hadn't taken so long for the govt. officials to realize that a person's right to PRIVACY is kinda more important than PIRACY. In any case: Hallelujah!