E3 2008: Escape TV: MK v. DCU, This is Vegas

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Escape TV: MK v. DCU, This is Vegas

Julianne interviews the developers of Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe and This is Vegas, Russ re-lives his dreadful SeaWorld audition.

Watch Video

Caboose669

Jul 5, 2008
Again distinctly meh, granted this time im drunk as billio, so I may change my tune tomorrow once i read what i wrtoe

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
Glad to see I'm not the only one to kall it Marvel Vs DC. Still looks great to me. Although the klose kombat things looks a little out of place. This is Vegas kould be alright. It looks like an American less swave version of James Bond which kould be kool. I love the MK misuse of the letter 'K'.

Redfield85

May 28, 2008
That was the first time I have seen a Brutality in the MK vs. DC game. I am liking it. I can't wait to see what the other heroes do to end their matches.

I like when Julianne kept kicking the Flash when John Edwards was trying to show off the close combat feature.

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
And was I right in spotting Raoul Duke at the table in Vegas?
Totally. Those guys have a great sense of humor. I didn't want to like the game, but I did and now I can't wait to play it.

Andraste

Nov 21, 2004
Redfield85 said:
That was the first time I have seen a Brutality in the MK vs. DC game. I am liking it. I can't wait to see what the other heroes do to end their matches.

I like when Julianne kept kicking the Flash when John Edwards was trying to show off the close combat feature.
Totally. Those brutalities were awesome. I know everyone was worried when they said they weren't gonna do the fatalities, but they turned out pretty cool.

And yes. Didn't stop kicking. Couldn't help myself. >.<

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
Andraste said:
Redfield85 said:

Totally. Those brutalities were awesome. I know everyone was worried when they said they weren't gonna do the fatalities, but they turned out pretty cool.

And yes. Didn't stop kicking. Couldn't help myself. >.<
Just like when I play.
Friend: "Just hold on for a sec, I want to show you this move."
Me: Fatality. "Huh, I was ignoring you for a sec."
Friend: "I hate you."

And that's why I have no friends.

Melaisis

Dec 9, 2007
This Is Vegas: There's nothing more depressing than a PR rep being forced to look like he's enjoying the game he's been made to play for the past 10 months. He shoulda just let you play it for yourself.

However:

It does have dancing that rivals WoW's.

UltraBlumpkin

Aug 1, 2008
Wow... That game has a lot of potential, but with only a few characters on each side, I doubt that it will do well. Half the fun of games like Marvel Vs. Capcom comes from all the random characters you can choose. Even Soul Calibur had more characters to choose from . . .

Andraste

Nov 21, 2004
UltraBlumpkin said:
Wow... That game has a lot of potential, but with only a few characters on each side, I doubt that it will do well. Half the fun of games like Marvel Vs. Capcom comes from all the random characters you can choose. Even Soul Calibur had more characters to choose from . . .
I believe they were showing only 3 on each side to keep some things secret. He said there were somthing like 10 DC characters, so there should be more.

CaptainCrunch

Imp-imation Department
Jul 21, 2008
Kwil said:
Am I that out of touch with comics these days or do they provide some reason why Superman.. well.. notices.. someone like Sonya kicking him?
You can also do fatalities on Superman. Probably my only beef with this game. It does look cool for a fighting game, though. (Isn't that what fighting games are all about, anyway?)

SteinFaust

Jun 30, 2008
CaptainCrunch said:
Kwil said:
Am I that out of touch with comics these days or do they provide some reason why Superman.. well.. notices.. someone like Sonya kicking him?
You can also do fatalities on Superman. Probably my only beef with this game. It does look cool for a fighting game, though. (Isn't that what fighting games are all about, anyway?)
well, Sonya i can't understand, but most of the MK characters are Magic, and Superman is vulnerable to magic.

plz don't flame, i'm not a comic fiend, this is just what comic fiends keep telling me.

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
Kwil said:
Wizards. Nah, they just blame it on magic. They most likley will create some story about Portals and Shang Tsung wanting to consume Superheroes souls.

Actually, I think that will be it.

Shushyne4np2ne

Jul 28, 2008
Ok, so am I the only one that remembers Brutalities from UMK3? It's seeming like all the guys that are interviewed for this game are treating us like we don't know what a brutality is. We know about it and they should, ya know, reference UMK3 as the source for it. I know they are just trying to inform newcomers...

Shushyne4np2ne

Jul 28, 2008
UltraBlumpkin said:
...only a few characters on each side, I doubt that it will do well. Half the fun of games like Marvel Vs. Capcom comes from all the random characters you can choose. Even Soul Calibur had more characters to choose from . . .

10 DC Heroes/Villains, 10 MK Characters.

Keeping things all hush hush. They showed The Flash, Superman, Catwoman and Batman for the DC side and Scorpion, Sub Zero, Shang Tsung and Sonya Blade for MK. I've heard whispers of Jax, but I dunno...

Redfield85

May 28, 2008
Jax, Liu Kang, Kitana, Shazam, The Joker, and Green Lanturn were all announced at the San Diego Comic-Con. Trust me. I was there.

While MK vs. DC will be good fun, I would love for them to work on a strictly 2-D MK like the first three games. I mean look at Street Fighter IV. It is still 2-D but with a major graphics upgrade. And from what played at Comic-Con, it seems to play pretty much like Street Fighter 2.