E3 2008: Escape TV: Mushroom Men, Rabbids TV Party

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Escape TV: Mushroom Men, Rabbids TV Party

In the first episode of The Escapist's E3 Video Coverage, Russ Pitts and Julianne Greer go hands on with Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party and interview the creators of Mushroom Men.

Watch Video

Virgil

#virgil { display:none; }
Legacy
Jun 13, 2002
I was really waiting to see Julianne clock Russ in the head during the Rayman segment. It almost seemed inevitable.

Feb 13, 2008
Virgil said:
I was really waiting to see Julianne clock Russ in the head during the Rayman segment. It almost seemed inevitable.
Me and you both. :)

I have a dreadful feeling that Mushroom Men will go the same way as Fallout 3 though...Drug references...

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Virgil said:
I had my fingers crossed, but, dammit, he's a nimble one.

Andraste

Nov 21, 2004
The_root_of_all_evil said:
I have a dreadful feeling that Mushroom Men will go the same way as Fallout 3 though...Drug references...
It looks so cute though. I'm definitely gonna pick this one up when it comes out. Very creative and colorful.

sammyfreak

Dec 5, 2007
The Rayman thing made me giggle, I demand to se a video of Russ getting smacked by a Wiimote.

sammyfreak

Dec 5, 2007
Landslide said:
If we get enough people to vote for it in this thread, who knows what will happen?
We could make a weekly thing out of it, a video of Russ being physically abused!

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
This might not impress everyone so I understand keeping it low profile but...

LES CLAYPOOL IS MAKING THE SOUNDTRACK! HE USES THE WHAMOLA FOR ONE OF THE SONGS!!!! PRIMUS PEOPLE! PRIMUS!!!!

Sorry...I feel bad for harping on that fact so much but I'm really pumped for this game for my own wacky reasons.

aegis7

Jun 20, 2007
Very cute video, ya'll looked like you had a lot more fun than a lot of the rumbling elsewhere would have implied. Oh, I can't wait for for the other videos to come out.

Andraste

Nov 21, 2004
L.B. Jeffries said:
This might not impress everyone so I understand keeping it low profile but...

LES CLAYPOOL IS MAKING THE SOUNDTRACK! HE USES THE WHAMOLA FOR ONE OF THE SONGS!!!! PRIMUS PEOPLE! PRIMUS!!!!

Sorry...I feel bad for harping on that fact so much but I'm really pumped for this game for my own wacky reasons.
Yes! Very true. We didn't get to experience much of the sound during the video, as we had to keep it low for the interview, but there is apparently a lot of integration between what's happening in some of the world and the sounds/beats/music.

Fire Daemon

Quoth the Daemon
Dec 18, 2007
sammyfreak said:
We could make a weekly thing out of it, a video of Russ being physically abused!
Maybe for the next Tokyo games show the Escapist staff could go on one of those wacky Japanese game shows? I'd watch it.

josh797

Nov 20, 2007
wow cool stuff. im not gonna lie, i thought julianee was gonna go in for the kiss there :-D she looked like she was about to. still fun to see you guys in person and get a more intimate look at e3. keep the videos comin guys!

p.s. i throw in my vote for russ' physical abuse in video form. wiimote would be a good start

UltraBlumpkin

Aug 1, 2008
The combat in Mushroom Men looks pretty stale. I see the guy using the same 3-hit combo the whole time, so I hope for the game's sake that he just isn't any good at it. However the environment in the game looks quite interesting and fun to explore. It's probably even more fun and trippy if you're on LSD, but that could be said about anything.