E3 2008: Escape TV: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
jellis186 said:
Slycne said:
I think Force Unleashed will be a great experience, but it's going to be marred by not having lightsaber dismemberment. So you play Vader's secret assassin apprentice and I can't cut people's heads off with a lightsaber. What's the world coming to.

I guess we can hope it's a code like in Outcast. Imagine beating someone down by flinging his own severed limb at him with the force.
To think a games value is now based upon the number of limbs you can cut off in an hour over the actual gameplay.
You are reading into my post wrong. The point I was trying to make was that if you look at how lightsabers behaved in the movies and other mediums. Then applied that to the game. The result is a game seem that much more inline with its source material. Granted I was a bit sarcastic about it.

Are their other factors then that, absolutely.

The gameplay issues of having a weapon that can cut through anything.
The hardware issue of having a weapon that can kill any enemy in a single hit, hence needing more enemies on screen to compensate.
The marketing issue of having your game rated Mature instead of Teen.
etc.

The designers made their choices, and we get to see how it plays out.

Nekura42

Aug 9, 2008
Russ, Julianne, and crew:

I very much enjoyed your E3 videos. I think it's important to remember that all-in-all, this industry is about entertainment, and your take on E3 was quite so. I look forward to you covering more events in this manner. Cheers!

Singing Gremlin

Jan 16, 2008
On a side note, am I the only one to think it would be &%*^ing terrifying to be "knighted" with a lightsaber? I mean with a sword you use the flat of the blade, so you're fine, but a lightsaber? There wouldn't even be any resistance if he lowered it too much, just breathes too heavily and he'd lop your arm off.

Nerdfury

I Can Afford Ten Whole Bucks!
Feb 2, 2008
BobisOnlyBob post=6.67658.605212 said:
RE: Opening and ending

You two suck at being on camera. Do it more, it's funny. This is the exact same anti-regular media approach I get from the whole of the Escapist, a semi-professional fun.

Although you might wanna cut down the actual amount of time spent on such, a whole three minutes of fluffing around for a 5 minute video is pretty silly.

I dread the upcoming "Yes We Am" features.
Way to be a douche. When you've got an online gaming empire better than Escapist and make better videos starring yourself, then you can complain about the videos this place makes.

I like the fun the guys have! It's not boring like half the other clips - shows Escapist is fun and their staff have fun too. Besides, Julianne is cute!

Having played the demo now, I think the game's a world of potential fun. I hope the graphics are a bit more polished, but I'll be getting this without a doubt.

Atrer

Jul 17, 2008
Melaisis post=6.67658.605005 said:
Y'know, the footage from Unleashed looks surprisingly awesome. Of course, it may be a bit lacking when it comes to story; the whole 'turn bad, turn good' side of things seems a tad shallow, but the gameplay (despite it essentially resting on only one or two new features) looks actually quite compelling. As long as they keep the enemies and environments varied, and not just 'outdoor scene #21, indoor corridor 24#'.
You can also "bad turn good turn bad again" at the end there, but yeah I see where you're coming from. Still don't understand why the story was so hyped up in the first place, besides tying the original trilogy to the new one.

ender214

Oct 30, 2008
Lol. I used to come for the naked chicks. That was hilarious.

On another note, this game actually looks pretty good. At least its not Legos again...