E3 2010: ENN: E3 Bytes - 6/18/2010

ANeM

Aug 19, 2007
The "child" sensing thing worries me a little. I mean, at first glance it seems an alright enough idea, it could, for example, be used for parental controls and scaling back difficulty..

However, I'm concerned that it won't actually be detecting children, rather looking for say, people with skeletal systems that are not as developed as the average adult. The problem is that while children do fit into that category, it isn't exclusive to children.

It seems like such an easy choice from a PR stance for MS to use this child sensing tech to lock out Kinect Video chat and M/T rated games, vocal parent groups would never speak against to a company doing once again their jobs for them.

However, if the system is unable to tell the difference between a child and someone who is afflicted with dwarfism then you're going to end up with people who can't use these features or play these games because the sensor thinks they are 4 rather than 40, which will come with its own fun brand of press backlash.

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
I don't have a set watching period actually. I usually come here and go "oh yeah!" and watch whatever I think of first :p.

That being said, I like the idea of planing Milo in the ground and having the little Milos battle for your amusement. Thats a game I'd buy :p

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
How did they know I watch ZP first?!

It's mostly just because the ZP button is waaaaay up here, and the EEN button is waaaaaaay down there though.

TheEnglishman

Jun 13, 2009
No no, I watch you before Zero Punctuation, though it is mainly because I like to save ZP for last, like a delicious dessert, but that's not to say you aren't a tasty pizza.

Anyway, a slightly smaller, but still delicious pizza today.

I look forward to flayling around for the better part of next year.

Latinidiot

Feb 19, 2009
I watch it as soon as I get acces to my computer. order is random.

Damn you, little brother!

mr-fix_it

Apr 15, 2009
I watch ENN first because it becomes available like a hour or two before ZP :/ anyway these news bites have been very good ^^

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Kathleen's getting a bit over the top in my opinion...still, awesome as always. Graham is the master of straight-face.

Le_Lisra

norwegian cat
Jun 6, 2009
Weird.. ENN always comes 1-2h before ZP, doesn't it? So I always watch it first.

Wes1180

Wes1180
Jul 25, 2009
I loved grahams impression of Peter Moleneux and I also watch this before I watch Zero Punctuation :)

My1stLuvJak

Jan 28, 2010
Two minutes of my time that I'll never get back. Thank Gosh goodness for Zero Punctuation on Wednesday! That's not all I watch, tho...the weekly articles are usually worth a look, Experienced points is always an interesting read, too.