E3 2010: Fallout New Vegas

Zeromaeus

Aug 19, 2009
Flying Dagger said:
butts... lol.
I should be more mature then that. But I'm not.

did he steal Reginald Cuftbert's facial hair?

How do you end up with a pip boy if you didn't start in a vault?

And it's not a "reactive world" the word is interactive

Sigh, I'd be psyched if I thought I could afford a brand new game... Maybe I'll pick it up in a few years time.
From what I've heard, the doctor gives you his old Pip-Boy from his time in the vault.

Impluse_101

Jun 25, 2009
Flying Dagger said:
did he steal Reginald Cuftbert's facial hair?
Looks like someone's been watching Twenty Sided Recently...

Edit: Wait a minute...Josh? As in Twenty Sided Josh Josh?

Belbe

Oct 12, 2009
Makes me kinda nervous, it's getting so far from the original now. I mean the story so far already sounds too unreal and though I'm not wanting another G.E.C.K story, it's no fun not being a vault dweller...that just makes you any random wastelander...

Halceon

Jan 31, 2009
"He's the first one who wasn't born in a vault." Except the whole idea of F2 was being a wastlander descended from vault folks - juxtaposing your advanced origins with your savagery.

BenzSmoke

Nov 1, 2009
What I heard: "You can do the quests or go and mess around with other stuff." Like most Bethesda games.
What I want to hear: "Players will have multiple options to solve quests." Like the original Fallouts.

I hope they give us some real choice when it comes to problem solving.

martin's a madman

Aug 20, 2008
BenzSmoke said:
What I heard: "You can do the quests or go and mess around with other stuff." Like most Bethesda games.
What I want to hear: "Players will have multiple options to solve quests." Like the original Fallouts.

I hope they give us some real choice when it comes to problem solving.
Put a bullet in it.
Sneak around it.
Smash it.
Talk to it.
Do something seemingly irrelevant that creates a chain of events and solves it for you.
What else?
I do like your idea.

Dommius

Aug 8, 2009
Impluse_101 said:
Dogmeat took on a behemoth all by himself in my game.....He didn't die... or get severly hurt...
Yeah, I didn't quite understand what he meant about companions dying. Dogmeat was a bloody tank and Fawkes simply destroyed anything that looked at him. Compared to those two your guy seemed pitiful in comparison.

Zackary Yakumo

Mar 29, 2010
Dommius said:
Impluse_101 said:
Dogmeat took on a behemoth all by himself in my game.....He didn't die... or get severly hurt...
Yeah, I didn't quite understand what he meant about companions dying. Dogmeat was a bloody tank and Fawkes simply destroyed anything that looked at him. Compared to those two your guy seemed pitiful in comparison.
most of the other companions would die, like Seargeant RL something tsomething, Jericho, and Paladin Star Cross

Dommius

Aug 8, 2009
Shi Shi said:
Dommius said:
Impluse_101 said:
most of the other companions would die, like Seargeant RL something tsomething, Jericho, and Paladin Star Cross
Ah, well I never had to much trouble with the Paladin but she was the only other one I bothered to use. Other then that I was by myself or with my Dog. Here's hoping dogmeat returns! again!

Zackary Yakumo

Mar 29, 2010
Dommius said:
Shi Shi said:
Dommius said:
Impluse_101 said:
Ah, well I never had to much trouble with the Paladin but she was the only other one I bothered to use. Other then that I was by myself or with my Dog. Here's hoping dogmeat returns! again!
even though its bad karma to get him, I love having Jericho as a companion. hes awesome with an assault rifle.

Dommius

Aug 8, 2009
Shi Shi said:
Dommius said:
Shi Shi said:
Dommius said:
Impluse_101 said:
even though its bad karma to get him, I love having Jericho as a companion. hes awesome with an assault rifle.
I don't know why but I find it extremely hard to be an asshole in games. Even though some people see me as a kind of dick in real life. So i never actually used him. Closest I got was neutral, then just evil. I assume you have to be very evil.