E3 2010: Interview with Deadliest Catch?s Captain Sig Hansen

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006

What does the grizzled captain of the fishing boat Northwestern think of the new video game based on his reality show, Deadliest Catch?

Read Full Article

Hithlain

Keeper of Ying
Nov 25, 2008
It's nice to see that all the crazy publicity didn't go straight to his head. He's a pretty level headed guy.

wonkify

Oct 2, 2009
Love those guys, love Sig. Real men doing men's jobs. Real gungy stuff. Hope the game is fun too. Just the kind of left field offering that might be a surprise hit.

Apr 28, 2008
Well fuck that was a fun to read interview!

Not the biggest fan of the show, but I do watch it when its on.

Egitor

Jan 28, 2010
Susan Arendt said:
Best. Interview. Ever.
Couldn't agree more! Best ending ever, too ^^

If only interviews with game developers were this honest and down-to-earth!

soapyshooter

That Guy
Jan 19, 2010
He seems like a pretty cool guy and not a complete douche which happens to some people when they get famous. That was an awesome interview. I love the show...pretty sad Cpt. Harris is no longer around.

Spectre39

Oct 6, 2008
Haha. I always bet on the Northwestern. Guy's a real character that knows how to get it done.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Russ Pitts said:

What does the grizzled captain of the fishing boat Northwestern think of the new video game based on his reality show, Deadliest Catch?

Read Full Article
Of all the people you ever interviewed, did you get the impression he knows the very least about gaming?

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
Sometimes it seems like he's trying a bit hard to be a gruff fisherman, but that could be my cynical side coming through when I say that.

addeB

Oct 2, 2009
He plays so hard core but he is soft on the inside... xP
Was a really good interview though!

Shockolate

Feb 27, 2010
Sig was always my favorite captain, only slightly edging out those crazy Hillstrands.

Does anyone else get sad seeing Phil Harris despite him passing away in February? I first heard early march and they only showed the episode with the stroke this week. 3 months of sadness whenever he was on DX

RIP Phil.