E3 2010: Marvel vs Capcom 3

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Marvel vs Capcom 3

Susan Arendt talks with John Diamonon about what are some of the new characters and features in Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Watch Video

SharPhoe

The Nice-talgia Kerrick
Feb 28, 2009
Thank you, Susan for reminding the guy about Cable being one of the Four Gods in MvC2. He's right, you do know your stuff.

As for characters that've been lost, I believe that Jill Valentine, Amingo, and Ruby Heart won't be reappearing, and if I recall correctly, Marvel wouldn't let them have Shuma-Gorath this time, either (DANG).

Anyway, I'm still really excited for this game's release. Based on that guy in the back playing it, I'd say it's gonna be pretty sweet.

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
They could've just announced a Dante vs Deadpool game and I'd still be all over this.

Is Mahvel baybee!<youtube=sZZUMjoxfZA>

SharPhoe

The Nice-talgia Kerrick
Feb 28, 2009
Hurr Durr Derp said:
They could've just announced a Dante vs Deadpool game and I'd still be all over this.
I do believe that would be known as a "One-liner gold mine". Oh, the antics...

I'm also interested in how characters will balance out this time. I'm sure a lot of things from 2 will be fixed/nerfed, and I'm sure it won't be long after release that tiers will be all over the place again...

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Love the series, and, certainly welcome a 3rd one! cant play to actually play it myself

The Austin

Jul 20, 2009
I really hope that Veiwtiful Joe makes an appearance in the game.

I have my suspicions after all.

Apr 28, 2008
Fucking Cable...

Really looking forward to this game. Love the series and games, and here's hoping the cactus guy is still in!

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Great interview. Way better than the G4 ones :p

Anyway I've been wondering about unlock-able characters. Capcom looks like they want to move away from that age old formula (Super Street Fighter IV), but with over 30 characters it would just feel unnatural to have them all right out of the box. Especially if you have the last boss (which appears to be Dread Dormammu).

Anyway I think most of us would agree that they need to replace about 75% of the X-Men characters from MvC2.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
Infernoshadow211 said:
All I want to say is: Take out Iceman.
No way, him and Hayato are my go to guys.

is it me or has Susan got even more beautiful?, I was like "DAMN!"

SharPhoe said:
Thank you, Susan for reminding the guy about Cable being one of the Four Gods in MvC2. He's right, you do know your stuff.
Cable wasn't a truely god tier character though, he was an excellent support character thanks to his specials but he wasn't "Mortal Kombat" style broken where you can circumvent any cool down animation such as maybe Storm.

I saw in another thread with regards to the announcement of MVC3 that the series is shit because of its unbalanced roster, well yeah, some characters are better than others but that doesn't apply to people playing the game for fun. When playing against friends it doesn't matter who uses which character to be honest, just pick the characters you like playing with, in Tatsunoko I actually like "Roll", its only for fun so the balance can go fuck itself.

In a pro tourney, then you've got issues, but just playing the game?, I'd rather have fun than ***** about which is the strongest character.

Saying that, if anyone reading this bitches about "unfair" fights in MVC2, just pick Iceman and learn how to guard, he takes no damage when guarding and his projectile attacks hit pretty much when you finish the input for the move.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Nice interview that actually showed familiarity with the series. :)

Personally, I'm just hoping Strider makes it back. Despite how popular he was around the time of the earlier games, he's pretty much disappeared since so I'm a little worried.

A Strider VS Daredevil fight would be amazing.

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
This game does confuse me, I mean I dislike fighting games like this. I really just think they are awful yet I want this one. It's not even to do with the various characters you can play as, I just want it as it looks hilariously good fun.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
Who's with me on hoping that Tron Bonne returns? WHO'S WITH ME??
All hail the Tron Train!
she is apart of my main group from MvC2.

Her Taunt is just so adorable!
OH HA HA HA!

I caught a glimpse of my beloved Felicia in the background....i am pleased.

I cant wait to see what we get in the next few months.

Hopefully ill be able to keep my team of Felicia, Hayato, and Morrigan.
(i know Morrigan is still there but i really hope Hayato is too, playing TvC all i could think was how cool characters like him would be in the TvC style.)

Great interview!
EDIT BTW: Im really looking foreword to Dante, from all iv heard he is, like was said, a character with long reach and good attack speed, but has a low movement speed and will take some damage.
I like how that balances out.

Comic Sans

DOWN YOU GO!
Oct 15, 2008
Country
United States
Susan Arendt said:
Who's with me on hoping that Tron Bonne returns? WHO'S WITH ME??
Tron Bonne or bust. I don't think she'll be in though, in a video I saw of the game she was in the background. I don't think they would do that if she was playable. Which sucks, because she was one of my mains. :(