E3 2010: Metroid: Other M Hands On

Steve Butts

Jun 1, 2010
E3 2010: Metroid: Other M Hands On

We get to see Samus from more than one new perspective.

Read Full Article

Kiithid

Aug 12, 2009
Shifting to stay fresh, that sure sounds interesting.
Adds more hype to the hype-o-furnace burning on my heart.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
sounds good but its still the sort of thing thats really easy to fuck up, I really hope they dont do that

theaceplaya

Jul 20, 2009
I love me some Metroid. I remember when Nintendo and Retro showed that Metroid was going first-person, and people barked and fussed about it then (including me). Look at how those games turned out.

For the record, they were AWESOME.

As for the character driven element, it'll take some getting used to, but I'm looking forward to it. Also, it'll be fun to play a Samus that is all nimble and acrobatic a-la Smash Bros, as opposed to a walking tank. Although that was sweet too.

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
Picture this: you're sidescrolling, and you see something odd. You decide to investigate, so you point your Wii Remote at the screen and click on what you're going to investigate.

Surprise, you're playing Super Paper Mario!

P.S. Thanks

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
Any console that has metroid is the best console.

There I've said it.

I don't care if we havn't seen an actual metroid (organism) in a decade. Metroid (series_ fucking rocks.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Oh man now i want it even more.

Iv already got it Pre-ordered so im set.

I also hope Adam plays a nice part in this game.
Ever sense Fusion iv really liked him.
I hope his character gets fleshed out.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Gigaguy64 said:

Don't you mean introduced? If I remember correctly, Adam was constantly mentioned in Fusion without any sort of exposition into who the hell he was,

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
Gigaguy64 said:

Don't you mean introduced? If I remember correctly, Adam was constantly mentioned in Fusion without any sort of exposition into who the hell he was,
Well during the Parts where Samus had to take the lifts to the sectors she would talk about Him.
she gave some insight and established who he was.

Yea it was kind of vague but it still gave a good picture of him and some nice insight into Samus's early years.
Or at least that's what i gathered.

RejjeN

Aug 12, 2009
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
Was a while ago but as far as I know he was introduced in the official Metroid manga (I haven't bothered to check the facts, but it was supposedly made/directed/whatever by Nintendo.)

Shouldn't be hard to find it if you do a google search.

Artemus_Cain

May 20, 2009
AS Metroid 2 was my first ever video game, I'm really looking foreward to see how badly Team Ninja royally buttfucks this.

Honestly I'm really looking foreward to this, but it is best to expect the worst.

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
The fate of Adam Malkovich... August 31.

I get the feeling that playing Fusion after Other M might up the emotional impact a bit upon realizing what the AI in Fusion is. Too bad we can't forget. >_>

armaina

Nov 1, 2007
Despite the fact that I want to strangle Team Ninja for giving Samus a boob job, I am so excited for this game.
The Lore of the series is what pulled me into it back in the days of Metroid Prime, where I made a point to seek out all the chozo lore I could find because I loved reading it. So having more story is what makes me so excited for this new game. Cannot wait :D

KrazyKain

Jun 2, 2010
I should pop in prime trilogy and beat 1 and 2.. i'm ashamed to say i never did..

either way LOVE the metroid games, so getting this is a given