E3 2010: Xbox 360 Slim Announced, Shipping Today

Deofuta

Nov 10, 2009
Simply Amazed Microsoft kept this secret for so long. My brothers just kinked out, so maybe in a couple of months Ill try to get him to buy mine and go for broke.

cheese_wizington

Aug 16, 2009
If I had 600 dollars I'd buy one of these and a little bit of cocaine.

Of course, I already have a 360 so maybe just lots of cocaine.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
"redesigned hardware that is supposedly "whisper quiet" and hopefully much less prone to the dreaded Red Ring of Death"

Hahaha, nice to see that M$ still has a sense of humour in these uncertain times.

Looks sexy though, I will give it that

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
It looks alright... My 360 might be on its way to dying... again... if it dies for good, I might pick it up. I like the insane lack of advertising. I didn't even know they were making one. Sony hyped the PS3 Slim for almost a year before it came out. Of course, they might have been just hoping it flies under the radar because it sucks...

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
Double hard drive space, built in WiFi, and it's $100 less. Fuck you Microsoft I spent months saving up to get my elite and then you go and do this.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
FinalDream said:
Since my launch day 360 sounds like a jet engine taking off I might pick this up.
Same here! Though no word on if the slim model will be available in the UK at the same time as the US...probably not. And no word on if the old xbox's can be traded in.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
I'm going to reserve judgement on this until I find out more information about it, specifically whether it has a Ethernet port and whether you can disable the built in Wi-Fi adapter without voiding the warranty.

I wonder what the chances are of them releasing a "Slim-Light" with all the internal hardware improvements, but without the built in Wi-Fi adapter (or even without the HDD for existing Elite owners)...

tehbeard

Jul 9, 2008
If you can hear your 360's fan it means you don't have your tv up loud enough.

I think I'll wait till they release a "slim reach" edition before considering it,

Nerf Ninja

Dec 20, 2008
Does anyone have a link on the actual specs of this? is it basically a smaller elite or what?

FungiGamer

Apr 23, 2008
...and no one was surprised when they rushed back to their hotel rooms and every single one immediately got the RROD. Oh, Microsoft, does your system EVER work properly?

obisean

May the Force Be With Me
Feb 3, 2009
Does this mean the HDD prices will drop now? 250g is like $120, that's 40% of the console price, and at that price is a slap in the face to old customers if you give new customers the same drive for "free" in the new console.

Lordmarkus

Jun 6, 2009
Shiny...

Would have bought this one in an instant if it wasn't for my dislike to pay money for onlineplay. Then also the fact that the 360 only has three worthy exclusives, but still...

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
It's awesome, but I'm not going to get one unless they offer a major discount for turning in an old console.

Xanthious

Dec 25, 2008
Well when my current Xbox stops being able to connect to XBox Live I may have to look into one of these. . . . .given there is a proper method to make a few small hardware/software changes by then.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Marik2 said:
monnes said:
Certainly impressed that they were able to keep this quiet

However, it doesn't interest me, and the entire press conferance was a dissapointment.
Did they show any new games?
I think they just showed games they already announced.