E3-2021 MEGATHREAD!!!

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
For the little things, I liked the new Metal Slug Tactics game.

Wild as fuck buyer advisory:
SNK are now majority owned by the MiSK Foundation, a nonprofit created by the journalist assassinating crown prince of Saudi Arabia Mohammed bin Salman in order to stimulate the Saudi economy.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
So.... No one wants to talk about salt and sacrifice?

The first game is one of my favorite souls-like game. If Dark Souls exploration was inspirede by metroidvania, then salt and sanctuary combined the 2d map design of metroidvania with the combat gameplay of dark souls. I am super excited for this game as much as elden ring. It says it's coming to ps5/ps4 at launch but i hope it comes to pc as well, just like the first game did
I brought that up.

Salt and Sanctuary was awesome. Im gonna pick the next game up for sure!

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Wild as fuck buyer advisory:
SNK are now majority owned by the MiSK Foundation, a nonprofit created by the journalist assassinating crown prince of Saudi Arabia Mohammed bin Salman in order to stimulate the Saudi economy.
Way to be fucking kill joy eh?

SNK is not responsible for those assassinations or the team making this game so enough.

Last edited:

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
My biggest thing about Elden though, is that it looks way too much like Dark Souls. Even the story from the voice over just sounds like Souls all over again. Which....I guess it's fine, but you could have gone at least a slightly different avenue with it. I dunno I guess more Souls is fine.
What a shock. FromSoft doing a Dark Souls game. That's so unlike them, to make a game that's like Dark Souls. *looks at their roster* Oh wait, sorry I was wrong, it's all they ever do.

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
Way to be fucking kill joy eh?

SNK is not responsible for those assassinations or the team making this game so enough.
There is no ethical consumption under capitalism, but there are still degrees of how ethical you consumption can be. It's up to you to judge how comfortable you are funding particular things through your purchases relative to the enjoyment you'll get from the products, and as such it's important to be informed about where your money will go.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
What a shock. FromSoft doing a Dark Souls game. That's so unlike them, to make a game that's like Dark Souls. *looks at their roster* Oh wait, sorry I was wrong, it's all they ever do.
I was kinda hoping Elden Rings was a new Lost Kingdom game, have all those "theory" Youtubers just be 1000% wrong.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I was kinda hoping Elden Rings was a new Lost Kingdom game, have all those "theory" Youtubers just be 1000% wrong.
No reason for them to change tracks now. They can clearly churn out, and re-churn out anything Souls-like, and make crazy money off it, so, why? I mean it works for FIFA, and CoD, Battlefield, and every other game line that just keeps being the same thing. Why would FromSoft be any different, when they clearly put out the same stuff? They are here to take your money, and souls fans are more than happy to keep paying out for the same game every time.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

DOTEMU is involved! Those guys and gals just keeping work! Streets of Rage 4 put them on the map! I love that animated intro. Which reminds me: Where's mai god dam Metal Slug anime, SNK?!

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Elden Ring.... I mean, say whatever you want, if I took couple of bits with the horses out and maybe trimmed down the dialogue (or made the voice acting worse at least) you wouldn't know that wasn't Dark Souls 4 or whatever. Which is stale as dirt at this point. At least Bloodborne took a vague sidestep into gothic sci-fi horror.

Salt and Sacrifice seems cool though. I'm not sure how well "sequel" applies in more then spirit, the original wasn't exactly bursting at the seams with narrative. But looks like they may have sanded some of the rougher edges of the platforming, polished up the art style a bit. And online co-op now, which is nice cause none of my damn friends live in my house.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010

Looks good but tactics live or die by how much you can customize your character (classes/skill/equipment/etc.) and there's no info on that so I'll reserve judgment until then.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I dont mind the game type....also they made Armored Core games too btw...but i would have liked them to explore at LEAST a different setting. Like a sci-fi game or cyberpunk setting from the actual masters of the genre.

Im sure Elden will be great though.

Reactions: Dalisclock

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Remember when they used to do Armored Core and weird, obscure, experimental games? Or when they tried to copy DMC, God of War, and Ninja Gaiden? Crazy times. Ninja Blade was not that good though. Entertainingly average, though they went overboard on the QTEs.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Elden Ring looks cool, but I want to see a Steam page with preorder before I get any kind of excited.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Good thing its not Epic Games Exclusive
I mean it will always come out on consoles but we don't know that its not on PC. One trailer does say steam, but the other only says 'PC digital platforms'.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Remember when we saw that for Demon's Souls? And then Sony was like "ha ha naw ya'll, suck our exclusivity".
Elden is being published by Bandai Namco who tend to put stuff on steam and generally aren't console exclusive. Demons Souls was published by Sony, they even had a hand in the original.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dansen

Master Lurker
Mar 24, 2010
They did do something new with Sekiro but that game was bashed by part of the community for not being Dark souls/Bloodborne. Its not a big surprise that they've decided to return to the fantasy setting they've been honing for years now.