E3: Assassin's Creed: Liberation Stalks PS Vita

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
E3: Assassin's Creed: Liberation Stalks PS Vita

Kill the British as a female assassin in New Orleans.

At its E3 press conference, Sony confirmed earlier leaks [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/117597-Assassins-Creed-3-Liberation-Appears-for-PS-Vita] that the main console Assassin's Creed III would be accompanied by a handheld title, Assassin's Creed Liberation. Set in New Orleans during the American Revolution, it stars a female Assassin named Aveline.

Aveline will at some point cross paths with Connor, the protagonist of the main series Assassins's Creed III, who showed off some new tricks of his own. Recognizing that the American Revolution was not just won on the battlefield of Saratoga but on the seas as well, AC3 will allow Connor to command an old-time sailing ship and engage in naval warfare against those dastardly redcoats - broadsides and boarding action and all.

Alongside Assassin's Creed: Liberation, Sony announced an Assassin-white PS Vita unit in case the matte-black Vita hasn't done it for you already.

Age of Sail action sequences and a woman-of-color assassin in New Orleans? Frankly, Sony, I'd be sold before the white Vita.

See all our coverage directly from the E3 2012 show floor. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/conferences/e3-2012]

MisterShine

Him Diamond
Mar 9, 2010
Trying to convince myself it wouldn't be worth it to trade in my vita for this one when it comes out...

My wallet hopes I succeed.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Crap. I'm supposed to still be angry at them, for what they did in AC:R, but between these two...I'm actually kind of excited again. This isn't even a trailer set to an amazing song, this time! How can I still be mad at them after this?

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
rhizhim said:
there seems to be a lack of american symbolisms *sarcasm*

and i bet he will never have to kill a known american figure that turns out to be a templar.

all bad people are templars and therefore british.

DVS BSTrD said:
And that's how Assassin Squanto saved Christmas!
he would have more fun with his indian ancestry when he saved Thanksgiving.
Save all the holidays!'

Has there never been a female option in the AC series?

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
Why doesn't throwing money at the screen work?!

Looking forward to this, so far all the trailers have been great. I don't have a vita so I won't get liberation, I find it not worth it to buy a console for just one game. If I did have a vita I'd get it at once though.

Also, won't that be rather awkward for desmond? ..The whole woman thing I mean.

Pedro The Hutt

Apr 1, 2009
She seems more tanned than black. If she were black she'd just be a slave and be downright incapable of infiltrating anything unnoticed.

That said, do I ~really~ have to buy a Vita to get a female Assassin game? Can't we get a 3DS version? Or heck, one for the big screen? Please Ubisoft, please?

That said, not liking how you apparently need to get both the Vita and PS3 games to get everything in the PS3 version, particularly the extra multiplayer character and ammo upgrades sound a bit... fishy.

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
Small but rather important point, during the American revolution, New Orleans was part of the Spanish empire and remained so until 1803.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
I saw that trailer and thought, darn those Redcoats and the Union Jack look awesome :D Possibly not the right idea

Orange12345

Aug 11, 2011
Anyone else notice connor is sporting blue instead of the usual assassin red on his clothes? I assume because of the britsh "red coats" so there a bit of contrast, but still I just noticed that

JokerboyJordan

Sep 6, 2009
If the whole "British are Evil" thing is played straight the entire game, then I swear to god I will disown Ubisoft forever.

Aside from that, I look forward to this game, despite having to kill my fellow countrymen.