E3 Excitement Photos

Barbalute

funny is not allowed
Jan 4, 2010
E3 Excitement Photos

Check out Naughty Dog artist iki's one-word images of E3 excitement.

If you didn't get a chance to go to this year's E3, you can still experience it vicariously. Naughty Dog's VFX artist iki, the man behind the 1,500 image stop-motion walk to work video [http://vimeo.com/23144595], took a series of photos of E3-goers who were asked to write what their favorite thing about the expo was on his iPad before posing for a picture. The answers range from "Disneyland" to "Beer." Most end up on the "Beer" end of the spectrum - I haven't heard of the game myself, but it certainly seems popular.

[gallery=335]

See the entire gallery of photos here [http://www.flickr.com/photos/56162239@N00/5813729630/in/set-72157626918790976/].

AngryMongoose

Elite Member
Jan 18, 2010
WOO! BEER AND STRIPPERS! YEAH!
Maybe Wine and Strippers. Wine and Massages. Absinthe and Massages. Absinthe and Debating... WOOO!

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
I wish the developers would of thought of more clever things to say than "My game I am making."

Like the Minecraft guy saying he wants to be with the ladies, or the 2K guy saying "not much."

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
I love how one person just wrote "Not Much". It's nice to see people still have a good sense of dry humor. Or maybe he actually wasn't excited for anything, but I like to think the first reason is the one.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008

Yeah, Pete Edward is my new hero.

And are you sure this is about E3? It seems like they just said "ok, write whatever you want and we'll take a picture of you with it."

What does that even mean?

JadeWah

Nov 4, 2008
ProfessorLayton said:

Yeah, Pete Edward is my new hero.

And are you sure this is about E3? It seems like they just said "ok, write whatever you want and we'll take a picture of you with it."

What does that even mean?
That last pic. Who cares about the guy, what is the girl next to him doing?

Wuggy

Jan 14, 2010
Ok, I want you to compare:

This:

to this:

Anyone else see the resemblance?

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
The guy in picture number 6 will haunt my dreams nightmares forever.

[sub]He just...
Won't.
Stop.
Staring....[/sub]

EDIT: That guy who drew the Normandy was pretty awesome.

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
[blonde chick holding up "PS3"]

I...What?

OT: I like the guy who drew the Normandy. Now that's Class, right there.

Gralian

Me, I'm Counting
Sep 24, 2008
Minecraft guy was awesome. It's no wonder he got his five minutes of fame with the booth babes.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Lol. That's kind of weird. The women are drawing more rude/offensive stuff than any of the men.

Fun set of pictures though.

I know it's not directly related to E3, but The stop-motion thing was very impressive too. But I couldn't help but thinking... 1500 pictures? Wouldn't it have been easier to use a video camera, film the whole thing, then get some software to strip out a lot of the intermediate frames? More or less the same effect, and a lot less awkward while you're walking around.
Or not. Still, the end result remains impressive.

So, back to the E3 thing, did he go around E3 and ask random people to draw something on his Ipad for him?
Heh. Well, the results are quite interesting...

Alcohol, booth babes, and money seems the main thing. So finally we learn the truth of E3. XD

itf cho

Custom title? Bah! oh wait...
Jul 8, 2010
Iki, or someone, might want to look up the definition of 'one'. Seemed to be as many one-word responses/photos as not.

Mister Linton

Mar 11, 2011
This is the most pointless crap I have ever seen on this site. Remind me to never look at anything by this talentless idiot again. It has NOTHING to do with E3 and is a FAILED art experiment. The walking to work stop-motion thing is just as worthless and I can't believe I had to waste 10 seconds of my life on it before I turned it off.

mexicola

Feb 10, 2010
Unchrted guy looks creepy. And so does the Disneyland girl. D:

Ona different note I just noticed what I hope is the new captcha and not a malicious virus I picked up somewhere. Much better and clearer.