E3: Microsoft Announces Halo 4 (and 5, and 6)

V TheSystem V

Sep 11, 2009
Wasn't a fan of Halo 3's story, but I am hoping this will be like ODST's and Reach's stories and actually be INTERESTING! Can't wait for this!

kittii-chan 300

Feb 27, 2011
necromanzer52 said:
Despite the fact that I knew this was coming, I'm still pissed off.

Halo 3 had a perfect ending and now...
Halo 3's ending screamed "halo 4" at me. i mean come on, the last line was "wake me when you need me." and also games shouldnt have you wait through the cutscenes for a mini-scene unless there will be another one. the people who think that the ending was a great summary they didnt watch the actual ENDING, they wathed the ending. ...yeah... anyway, ive always wanted to find out about what happened to him in his space ship. but i would much rather have a game where you play as the old blue team. the one that is much better than noble. and also the last two games i think were terrible and the originals were much better, soooo it may be a good thing (hopefully?)

also: why havnt they made the damn movie yet! they made avatar, why cant you just dress up loads of short people as grunts like they did with ewoks! you have 5 live-action trailers as proof you can do it! guaaaah!!!

garfoldsomeoneelse

Charming, But Stupid
Mar 22, 2009
So who exactly is going to be developing this, now that Bungie's moved on to other thing? I really hope this doesn't end up like Halo: World at War or Halo: Black Ops, if you are catching the meaning of my drift that I am saying.

Devil's Due

Sep 27, 2008
Woot, Dead Space 3!

Wait, you mean the whole waking up alone in a ship that's blowing up, having to use built-in jets (when did he gets these...?) and fly past hurtling objects towards the vacuum of space is Halo?

When was this? Ugh...

Personally, I love Halo, but come on guys... put her down now, gently, before she has to suffer any more. "Right behind the ears, don't worry Candy, she won't feel a thing."

"But-... my dog..."

"Won't feel a thing."

Of Mice and Men quote, baby! (Now seriously, put her down gently, Reach ended the series just fine in a nice little loop towards the beginning)

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
Nfritzappa said:
Im gonna be the bastard on this forum thats going to be different and say I'm actually excited for this. F*** the haters.
With you all the way man. I need to now what happens to the Master Cheif and now I will.....In a year.

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
Interesting, I did not foresee this but I should've because of the ending in Halo 3 gave me no closure that the series would end, maybe I was just being optimistic. Sadly I know for a fact that at one point in time I will play this game because my brother has a 360 and is a major halo fan and I will be curious enough to play it at one point.

VGC USpartan VS

Feb 14, 2011
This I am actually excited for, I'm serious. Halo 3 and I had some great times and although I had less with Reach, they were still there.

Also Master Chief was being refered to as John... thats's odd.

Also Master Chief has a silenced pistol versus the ailen spaceship from the first Star Trek movie, who will win?

DazBurger

May 22, 2009
Oh god... I had hoped that Microsoft would belay the story about Chief until Bungie was done with their Activision contract, and insted base a game around some other part of the Halo-universe... But no...

And why does this look more like the RvB seson 9 trailer than the previous Halo-titles?

Karma168

Nov 7, 2010
To all those saying Halo 3 was the end i have one question; Did you see the end of 3? big shiny thing in space right at the end, of course there was going to be another 1 why else would they even put that in?

DazBurger

May 22, 2009
THIS is a proper Halo-announcement!
And THIS is a proper Halo-announcement!!
Hell... THIS IS A PROPER HALO-ANNOUNCEMENT!

But this? What is this? A fan-film?

Auxiliary

Feb 20, 2011
I loved the original Halo and I thought the second one was pretty okay, but I never played any of the games beyond that since I have no intent of owning a playstation or xbox or one of the new freak gadgets that Nintendo is planning on releasing.

Animyr

Jan 11, 2011
I don't care what they do as long as it's good.

I really hope they move away from trite save-the-galaxy plots. Halo 1 and ODST (havne't played reach yet) greatly benefitted from having standalone, non-grandoise stories.

dishwasherwong

Sep 30, 2009
Halo? Really? Has the creative well run so dry that we have to dig this franchise up? Humanity won, the Covenant is largely broken up and gone. Oh please no, don't bring the Flood back as the major antagonist.

Be daring Microsoft, look at some new IPs, make something new.

omega_peaches

Jan 23, 2010
I don't think I could ever see myself buying this.
Halo 3 ended it well, and had the perfect multiplayer (Like seriously, that and Call of Duty 4 have sucked up so much time of my life.)