E3: Microsoft Announces Halo 4 (and 5, and 6)

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
please take note of my weary sigh

but on the plus side, yahtzee halo reviews are usually pretty funny

mazimadu2

May 24, 2011
Congratulations. CongratuFUCKINGlations Microsoft. You have officially proven that as a video game company you completely and utterly fail at everything. You have gone from a company that can go head to head with Nintendo and Sony (who not only make there own games, but make them very well) to a 2-spit shovelware company who isn't worth its own weight in shit. You are releasing a sequel to a game you SAID was finished 4 years ago, have 3 platforms and are not making ANY original IPs for any (seriously, where are my windows phone games? Back in the day Age of empires was a big deal). The only reason MS can even show its face is because they have been jerking off to the huge wads of Cash Activision has been giving them.

MS and Activision are the devil. Don't believe me, look up the sales for all the Call of duty games since 2007. They sell 4 times as much on the Xbox than the PS3 and PC combined. If these games fail to sell for one year, both these companies would bite the dust.

Diversity is the condition to survival and the Xbox'es extinction is imminent.

Darzen

Aug 27, 2009
icame said:
Despite not liking the game as a whole I liked the ending to 3. It was satisfying. I don't really see the point of this game, but w/e. I wonder how well this will turn out without bungie.

Also, his escape from the ship was far, far, FAR too smooth.
I agree,i also want too see how well the halo fanchise floats without a point to this game...or Bungie.

Also master chief escaped so smoothly because he's a Mary Sue character.

Hana_aoki

Jul 15, 2010
GamesB2 said:
I'd still like to see some more spin off games (More ODST, more Halo Wars, maybe something where you play exclusively as the Covenant)
Perhaps a game where the Flood is a playable race?

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
bobby1361 said:
He didn't have a jetpack in Halo 3, who upgraded him!?
I think all suits are equipped with them for space missions, but i dno.

Trailer looked awesome, can't wait to see a Gameplay Trailer.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Mikeyfell said:
Ha Ha Ha Who's smug and superior now internet.
Remember back on the Halo Reach tread when you were all like "Boo hoo it's the last Halo game" and I was all like "No it isn't." and you guys all called me a dick for lying.

Well internet, who's the dick now? That's right it's you.

Enjoy your not developed by Bungie Halo games.
We will...because 343 Studio's is made of Ex-Bungie staff...

:)

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Grond Strong said:
You guys forget that this is a business. They make games to make money not to make you happy. However, unhappy people don't buy games. As far as I can tell though, the Halo series has never had a problem with sales or any profit dips. It's a cash monster and people buy it because they like it. Halo must be getting something right here for them to keep on churning them out and as long as they are good, (which I've never played a Halo game, spin-off or trilogy, that wasn't) then they can keep them coming.

Who are you to say when the story should end? If you don't agree with it, it's very simple, don't play it. Stop taking these company's decisions to "desecrate" your old games by making a decent sequel personally. Sheesh, sometimes I think you guys just see the word sequel and automatically assume it's a terrible game. That's not you talking, that's all those darn critics you've been listening to with consoles up their rear end. (They have to be that way though, it's how they make money.)

I could be wrong and this game could be horrible. Heck, I'm not even a huge Halo fan myself. But something tells me that I'll be seeing a few of you guys shamefully picking up this game later because it didn't turn out to be too bad after all. I won't say anything, but I'll laugh at you on the inside. :)

As long as Master Chief lives, so does the series. And even then it's flexible.

Peace.
You sir, deserve a Cookie...if my Internet would load Google Images i would give you one :(

Take this Love Heart instead <3

GodofCider

Nov 16, 2010
Halo 4...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Ahem...I mean...

I am thoroughly pleased by this news.

Revista sin valor

Dec 5, 2009
I'm curious to see how the storyline for the new trilogy will be executed....That being said, I'm not wasting my money on any of the games. Once Bungie drew the line, so did I.

mazimadu2 said:
Congratulations. CongratuFUCKINGlations Microsoft. You have officially proven that as a video game company you completely and utterly fail at everything. You have gone from a company that can go head to head with Nintendo and Sony (who not only make there own games, but make them very well) to a 2-spit shovelware company who isn't worth its own weight in shit. You are releasing a sequel to a game you SAID was finished 4 years ago, have 3 platforms and are not making ANY original IPs for any (seriously, where are my windows phone games? Back in the day Age of empires was a big deal). The only reason MS can even show its face is because they have been jerking off to the huge wads of Cash Activision has been giving them.
You criticize Microsoft for not releasing any NEW IPs (for ONE E3) and yet you praise Nintendo AND Sony? You have lost any credibility right here. Isn't success measured by $$$ these days? And you do know OTHER people make games for the 360 BESIDES Microsoft right?

mazimadu2 said:
MS and Activision are the devil. Don't believe me, look up the sales for all the Call of duty games since 2007. They sell 4 times as much on the Xbox than the PS3 and PC combined. If these games fail to sell for one year, both these companies would bite the dust.
And according to you, if not enough people bought video games for one year there would be no gaming of ANY kind. PC, PS, Nintendo, nothing. Well no kidding!

mazimadu2 said:
Diversity is the condition to survival and the Xbox'es extinction is imminent.
This is ONE E3. ONE E3 will not sink ANY system. If the Xbox's extinction is imminent, how did the PS3 survive E3 '06?

meryatathagres

Mar 1, 2011
Might not be safe for work in some puritan countries. (I think its fine tho.)

http://www.videogamegirlsdb.com/gamegirl/Images/Halo/Cortana/Cortana_Halo_FanArt_01.jpg

This!

Also like the motivational poster "they don't need underwiring if they're digital" xD

ps. That's one of the best fanart I've ever seen. I absolutely love it. Its not just aesthetically great, but its also technically almost flawless. The lines are so well drawn and defined. <3 (and I had no idea who Cortana was before I saw that image few years back ;) )

Thatguyky

May 23, 2011
Oh yes, fuck yes. It was just a matter of time before this was officially "announced". I think it was pretty clear that there would be a Halo 4. The ending of Halo 3 was hardly a "closed" ending. Can't wait.

II2none

Jan 5, 2011
Yeah even though haters gone hate I don't understand how you thought the main series was over it was pretty much like halo 2's ending except most people didn't fling there controllers at the TV screen this time.

I don't get how people think this is a bland fps when its game play was and still is original. Not a single Fps today plays anything like halo.

II2none

Jan 5, 2011
Grond Strong said:
You guys forget that this is a business. They make games to make money not to make you happy. However, unhappy people don't buy games. As far as I can tell though, the Halo series has never had a problem with sales or any profit dips. It's a cash monster and people buy it because they like it. Halo must be getting something right here for them to keep on churning them out and as long as they are good, (which I've never played a Halo game, spin-off or trilogy, that wasn't) then they can keep them coming.

Who are you to say when the story should end? If you don't agree with it, it's very simple, don't play it. Stop taking these company's decisions to "desecrate" your old games by making a decent sequel personally. Sheesh, sometimes I think you guys just see the word sequel and automatically assume it's a terrible game. That's not you talking, that's all those darn critics you've been listening to with consoles up their rear end. (They have to be that way though, it's how they make money.)

I could be wrong and this game could be horrible. Heck, I'm not even a huge Halo fan myself. But something tells me that I'll be seeing a few of you guys shamefully picking up this game later because it didn't turn out to be too bad after all. I won't say anything, but I'll laugh at you on the inside. :)

As long as Master Chief lives, so does the series. And even then it's flexible.

Peace.
Amen.

thunderbug

May 14, 2010
Ill say this if u can find someone who creamed themselves over halo 1 more than me u deserve a medal.

Halo 1 was immense, awesome, huge fun and great even these words dont do it justice. It had a decent story, and good atmosphere especially when the flood came into it one of the best moments of gaming right there.

Halo 2 comes along and omg they somehow turned diamond into grade A chicken wank.
Halo 3 Hey u know what this game series needs less characters so Master (screen hogger) Chief Johnny Rambo 117 can get some more screen time. Keyes dead johnson dead. the only 2 characters who have character albeit a bit stereotypical tough chick and marine.
Halo ODST, cash grabber at least it went a new route
Halo Reach ....... not bad actually. Even if the entire game is a game of my death is better than your death

Halo 4 (probably) lets keep letting john superman 316 spartan inject bullets into some aliens who probably dont get on that well (if halo 2 is to be believed) and then have a multiplayer where, in this age of lasers and big guns a swift smack to the head is the best way to kill someone.

Lets this game series die, every game since the first has been an insult to what the first game was.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
ZeroMachine said:
AgentNein said:
Optimistic. The covenant/flood/halo storyline has been finished, can be put aside (as long as the devs honor that story being finished, plz devs honor that thnx), we can get on to new adventures and shit. Maybe the chance to tell less of a "war story" and more of a Master Chief isolated in a new situation story. Yeah I know "but halo IS about war and shit", I don't care. All bets are off, new story.

New aliens, new threat, etc...

I'd also love to see a bit of the covenant races living in harmony with earth. I love that shit. Possibly towards the end when it looks like all hope is lost, suddenly a rescue team arrives consisting of humans, elites, Hunters, Grunts. COULD BE EFFING COOL.
They're already building on post-war story. The Elites have a rough, but still somewhat friendly, relationship with the humans. The Prophets have disappeared. The Brutes are being hunted by the Elites. The Jackals have gone back to their space-pirate roots. No news on Hunters and Grunts, but they probably depend on who is there to control them.

It is a new threat... or rather, a really, really old one. Either we're seeing the return of the Forerunners, or they're own ancestors, which the Forerunners referred to as the Precursors... and that could be bad. Very bad.

Or, something altogether new... which would be cool.

dashiz94 said:
ZeroMachine said:
darthricardo said:
Snip here.
Snip.
Snip.
Snip.
Why would the return of the Precursers be bad? Didn't they give the Forerunners the Mantle? You know, that whole, "Kill nothing" lifestyle?

OT:Hmmm... on the one hand. Another one? Really?

On the other. ANOTHER ONE! REALLY?! YESS!!!

Not sure what side of the fence I'll end up on, but I hope it all turns out for the better.

T8B95

Jul 8, 2010
Abandon4093 said:
Marudas said:
Haters gonna hate
The bold pretty much sums up your post.

As a fan of the series, the 3rd left it purposefully ambiguous. I can't wait to see what this game is like and I'll be buying it.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. It's that simple.
Exactly.

If you don't want it, Microsoft isn't holding a gun to your head and forcing you to buy it. I, personally, am going to reserve judgement until I actually see gameplay, but I will not discourage someone from spending their hard-earned money.

And for everyone saying "Oh no, another one!" may I remind you that this is the fifth Halo in a decade, as opposed to the eighth Call of Duty in as many years.

captcha: ignorant, gurched. Yes, the people complaining are being ignorant and gurched, indeed.

Tanfastic

Aug 5, 2009
It'll be strange to see someone else's take on Halo (SHOOTER, not like Wars and its RTS style) I Am really excited, I love Halo and always will. It wasn't my first shooter but is now my favorite (Mass Effect doesn't count!) I love it more than CoD and BF due to it being imaginative with the whole sci fi thing (and how it takes it a different way than the Star Wars "everybody has lasers and saber swords" and brings it to a more modern sci fi where humans haven't advanced all that much) and believe it or not its story is actually good (inc haters who claim it has no story despite the whole campaign in all games so far.)

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
silver wolf009 said:
ZeroMachine said:
AgentNein said:
Optimistic. The covenant/flood/halo storyline has been finished, can be put aside (as long as the devs honor that story being finished, plz devs honor that thnx), we can get on to new adventures and shit. Maybe the chance to tell less of a "war story" and more of a Master Chief isolated in a new situation story. Yeah I know "but halo IS about war and shit", I don't care. All bets are off, new story.

New aliens, new threat, etc...

I'd also love to see a bit of the covenant races living in harmony with earth. I love that shit. Possibly towards the end when it looks like all hope is lost, suddenly a rescue team arrives consisting of humans, elites, Hunters, Grunts. COULD BE EFFING COOL.
They're already building on post-war story. The Elites have a rough, but still somewhat friendly, relationship with the humans. The Prophets have disappeared. The Brutes are being hunted by the Elites. The Jackals have gone back to their space-pirate roots. No news on Hunters and Grunts, but they probably depend on who is there to control them.

It is a new threat... or rather, a really, really old one. Either we're seeing the return of the Forerunners, or they're own ancestors, which the Forerunners referred to as the Precursors... and that could be bad. Very bad.

Or, something altogether new... which would be cool.

dashiz94 said:
ZeroMachine said:
darthricardo said:
Snip here.
Snip.
Snip.
Snip.
Why would the return of the Precursers be bad? Didn't they give the Forerunners the Mantle? You know, that whole, "Kill nothing" lifestyle?

OT:Hmmm... on the one hand. Another one? Really?

On the other. ANOTHER ONE! REALLY?! YESS!!!

Not sure what side of the fence I'll end up on, but I hope it all turns out for the better.
Without spoiling, all I can say is "read Halo Cryptum".

The story isn't done yet, as it's the first in a trilogy, but it'll explain what I meant.