E3: Play as Nathan Drake, Big Daddy in PlayStation All Stars

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
CriticKitten said:
I'm happy to keep talking about this if I want, but have you read my edit? I've been a dick for most of this and I don't want to force you to continue this if you don't want.

Davroth

The shadow remains cast!
Apr 27, 2011
Yeah, so by that demonstration, I think it's maybe the most hilariously bad Smash Bros clone to date. I mean, I get that they had to come up with their own system rather then just copying everything, but the concept of charging up those superattacks with your normal attacks, and that you can only knock people out with those superattacks, that just seems like a terrible design choice.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Uber Waddles said:
MisterShine said:
I always wanted Super Smash Brothers on a handheld...

I shall settle on this ;)
New Smash Bros is coming to the 3DS and WiiU. But I get your point.
Yeah, that quote-and-response sums up my main thoughts as well.
I will add that I think Nintendo really screwed the pooch not doing a Smash Bros for the DS (even if just 2D).

Im suprised I dont see more flaming of this.
Well, in hindsight, there might be. Your post came before the several-pages long debate.
I didn't read it, but knowing gaming forums, posts that long are usually the product of intense..lets call it "intellectual conflict".

I see so much hate elsewhere for copying Super Smash Bros. Which it does, I'll admit. But when has shameless copying been a bad thing? Theres a demand for the game, it looks like it will be top notch, and it looks fun. Is it so horrible that its not original? Thats my rant for today.
Shameless Copying IS bad.
Try to do the game better, expand the concept, or not at all. It's too early for me to judge PlayStation All Stars, though it might not matter anyway; I have no real reason to buy a Vita.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Hmmm, to be honest I've never been into the whole "Smash" thing even if I like fighting games quite a bit. Seems like a quick cash grab to me, and when it's finally out, it will probably turn out like most similar clones.

To be honest with all the talk of the new console generation coming out before too long and hints about what has been developed, I think this might be both a last minute cash grab, combined with testing to see if they could make something of this sort as a launch title for the next Sony console.

Personally I think Sony's character roster would work better in a more Capcom-like fighter than one duplicating the SMASH format. Opinions vary, but I don't think some of these characters work well together. Capcom always did better making divergent art styles work together (cartoony vs. realistic, and stuff in between) than the Nintendo franchises did, at least to my eye.

There is also such a thing as too silly IMO, having "Fat Princess" as a character is pushing it, especially seeing as she's less a character than a comedic gameplay mechanic. I know "Smash" has always functioned on the absurd, but oddly I can more easily see Kirby fighting Samus (as dumb as that is) than I could see say Fat Princess defeating Kratos.

Of course joke characters seem to be all the rage right now, they DID put Pheonix Wright into Marvel Vs. Capcom despite all common sense. "My secretary tripped and KOed Galactus..." :p