E3: Postal III Trailer Rocks the Show

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
E3: Postal III Trailer Rocks the Show

Amidst the relentless sound and fury that is the spectacle of E3, one game trailer stands alone, above and apart from all the rest: Postal III [http://www.runningwithscissors.com/postal3].

For those of us who can't make it to the real deal, E3 is all about the trailers. Whether it's a brand-new game being announced or an epic bit of mini-cinema designed to keep us interested while we wait for the dev team to get it in gear, nothing says "E3 week" like an endless stream of videogame trailers. Speaking of endless streams, here's my early pick for Best of Show: the hot new Grindhouse-style trailer for Postal III.

Let's face it, this is not the kind of thing you see every day. Badgers! AIDS-infected cats! Hyperactive lab monkeys! (Good lord, monkey.) All this plus Al-Qaeda, Sarah Palin - sorry, unnamed gun-toting nut-slash-Alaskan hockey mom - and, for the second time in history, a man with a machine gun, dressed like a giant ballsack. "Your mind will never erase the spectacle of the Rhino Rodeo!" the trailer warns.

Gary Coleman, sadly, could not be involved with the project.

I was going to make a joke, but you know what? I've got nothing. So instead, I will simply say this: ladies and gentlemen, I believe we have our winner. Postal III will be out when it's done, maybe later this year, for the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

See all our coverage directly from the show floor. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/conferences/e3_2011]

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
I laughed at the Sarah Palin part, and was the mayor Ron Jeremy? I'm definitely watching for this.

Alex Cowan

Feb 13, 2010
Andy Chalk said:
Speaking of endless streams, here's my early pick for Best of Show: the hot new Grindhouse-style trailer for Portal III.
Alas, I wish it were so, but sadly I believe there to be a typo :p

-Alex

Lazarus Long

Nov 20, 2008
This is the perfect antidote for people afflicted with Nukem Disappointment Disorder.
It's been too long, Postal Dude. Teach us how to love again.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
I can't wait to see how many people misread that as Portal 3 and start calling out Valve for cashing in.

Shio

Jun 4, 2011
Lazarus Long said:
This is the perfect antidote for people afflicted with Nukem Disappointment Disorder.
Postal Dude's love scares me. And I think it would hurt.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Phlakes said:
I can't wait to see how many people misread that as Portal 3 and start calling out Valve for cashing in.
I misread it as Portal 3 but wouldn't claim Valve were cashing in, I'd just be surprised about how soon the announcement was.

darkknight9

Feb 21, 2010
Lazarus Long said:
Amen! Preach on brother!

I'm not happy about the new vocal talent, but Ron Jeremy and badger drive by's on a segway may make up for that. :) Viva la Postal franchise!!!!

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
i loved postal 2 as a way of dicking around but they better make my pacifist run a viable option again or this game will fail.

Shio

Jun 4, 2011
Lazarus Long said:
Shio said:
Postal Dude's love scares me. And I think it would hurt.
Only at first, and only if he had to deal with a bunch of errands that day.
From the trailer his errands seem to be... murder, being raped by monkeys, murder, making out with a dude and some more murder.

Dude sure is busy, lol.

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
"Postal III - Will be out when it's done" Haha, FUCK YEAH. I wish every studio would promise the same thing. Not "Will be out this year", and come out the next, or "Will be out the next year", or get a pushed release ending in a half-finished game.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Mantheron said:
That's certainly unpretentious...

(Typo, by the way: PoRtal III)
Yes.
And in that sense it's probably one of the more original games coming out.
I'm glad that there are still some devs that aren't afraid to NOT take themselves too seriously.
This could be lots of fun.