E3 Preview: Aliens: Colonial Marines Multiplayer

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
I am gonna buy it and scream this at the top of my lungs every time a match starts.

Serfix

Jun 16, 2010
tbh, what would you want from new Aliens shooter, or better yet what would you want from it? I mean it's the mood that sells this game and the nostalgia. I mean they can't really put anymore "new" things in that game that would make it mind blowing. but anyway I really want to try that game since I and my big brother watched aliens 2 several times and I love aliens vs predator games so much and the best time I had with those games was when I played as marine.

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
Secreted resin, indeed.

*coughs*

Anyway, I've been looking forward to this game for ages. Been pining for a proper Aliens co-op game for even longer. Got kind of worried when SEGA threatened to not release it in case of bad AVP sales, since AVP turned out to be less than stellar.

I'm not usually one to look forward to wintertime, but February can't come soon enough.

6SteW6

Mar 25, 2011
Finally a chance to scream 'They're coming outta the goddamn walls!' and it be relevant!

Right Hook

May 29, 2011
I don't care if it isn't groundbreaking, I'm just glad to hear it isn't complete junk. I'm totally okay with it being an average shooter as long as it is stuffed with Aliens related material which it appears to be. Maybe non-Aliens fans won't find much to love but as an avid Aliens fan, I now feel that I have a lot less to worry about.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
Theres a few things I tend to eat up. Colonial marines are one of them.

I especially love them lovingly trapped in alien webbing and secretion, plastered against a wall.

Deeeelish.

Dirty Apple

Apr 24, 2008
Fun fact: Bill Paxton is the only person to be killed by both a predator and an alien. Huh, the more you know.

Ever since I played the Natural Selection Mod for CounterStrike, I've always hoped for a good team oriented game in the aliens universe. I have visions of backpedaling down a tight, red lit corridor. It's filled with the smell of gunpowder, the flicker of muzzleflash, and piercing screams. The far end of the corridor is a seething mass of xenomorphs. And, you're low on ammo.

Bring this game on.

rapidoud

Feb 1, 2008
Caramel Frappe said:
You know, once this game comes out I want to try a little experiment-

Being on the Xenomorph side, I want to see how close I can run alongside a human without him noticing. Why? Because imagine how his teammates would react seeing their ally 'befriending' an alien and telling the guy on mic "The heck you doing being with that alien?!" thus the guy turns to see me there finally as I stand there sitting (lol) .. it'd be funny least to me.

OT: The game and demo is actually a lot better then Alien vs Predator in my opinion. The quick time kills are faster so you don't end up screwed yourself and the Xenomorphs can actually do more damage now, having a chance against the marines who have guns. Also, there are no Predators- thank goodness. You know how ridiculous they were? They had 3 vision modes to detect anyone, weapons that could instant kill from afar, go invisible, and in melee combat dominate whoever fought them. They weren't too overpowered but have a few of them together and they usually would always win.

So this game looks like it's going to be epic and much more balanced. Can't wait! :}
You know aliens were probably most overpowered right? Especially in AvP2, they could leap at least 40m.

Li Mu

Oct 17, 2011
Dirty Apple said:
Fun fact: Bill Paxton is the only person to be killed by both a predator and an alien.
And Terminator. Paxton was one of the street punks at the start of Terminator 1.

Actually, I think Lance Henrikson may also have been killed by all three.
He was killed by the Terminator in T1. He was killed by the Queen in Aliens.
Was he killed by a Predator in AvP? I've kind of deleted that abomination of a film from my memory.

Chairman Miaow

CBA to change avatar
Nov 18, 2009
Li Mu said:
Dirty Apple said:
Fun fact: Bill Paxton is the only person to be killed by both a predator and an alien.
And Terminator. Paxton was one of the street punks at the start of Terminator 1.

Actually, I think Lance Henrikson may also have been killed by all three.
He was killed by the Terminator in T1. He was killed by the Queen in Aliens.
Was he killed by a Predator in AvP? I've kind of deleted that abomination of a film from my memory.
Yeah he was, after using a flare and something else as a flamethrower it stabs him with it's wrist blades. I wish I didn't remember that film. He get's killed in the game as well. Not sure by who though.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Susan Arendt said:
E3 Preview: Aliens: Colonial Marines Multiplayer

This time it's war.

Read Full Article
This is good to hear Susan.
As another avid Alien fan I've been quietly optimistic about this game for some time.