E3: Sly Cooper to Return to PlayStation After Seven-Year Hiatus

Sevre

Old Hands
Apr 6, 2009
Genixma said:
Sevre said:
My highlight of E3 so far, even with Luigi's Mansion 2 and Star Fox. Though Overstrike is still a close second.
So...everyone is doing reboots or sequels to games released a while back?

...Huh. Thought there would be something original. But hey I loved Luigi's Mansion so no complaints.
Only originals I've seen are Overstrike and Dust 514(even that's based on the EVE universe). It's not a great idea to reveal new IPs at E3, you're trying to show not only gamers but investors why they should be interested in you and it's easier to do that with a well established IP that can generate buzz than a new IP which only has one trailer in its bag.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Casual Shinji said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Casual Shinji said:
I never played any of the Sly games, but I hope for the fans that this franchise won't suffer the same fate that Crash and Spyro did when they changed developers.
But they AREN'T changing developers. That's the best part!

The only bad news is that this means no inFamous 3 anytime, soon. But that does mean Sly 4.
The article says Sanzaru Games not Sucker Punch. Unless I'm missing something...

And seeing as the industry has a hard on for blockbuster trilogies, I doubt Sucker Punch would leave Infamous by the wayside for a new Sly game.
I somehow missed that part...

Must be my excitement.

That said, they did a fantastic job with the porting.

Super Toast

Supreme Overlord of the Basement
Dec 10, 2009
This is the most pleasant surprise of E3 so far. Now, what about Jak 4?

ryo02

Oct 8, 2007
bet he's glad he didnt mess up the landing on that spike ouch couldve been painfull

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
As I've said previously, I'm absolutely certain the InFamous climbing engine will be put to use here, albeit with some minor alterations for younger audiences, but mostly in tact.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
New Sly, New Rayman, New Luigi's Mansion, New Kid Icarus,

I think my nostalgia receptors be overloading.

Spencer Petersen

Apr 3, 2010
Hm, I don't want to buy a PS3 just to play this, but I really want to play it. Probably the first PS3 exclusive I've cared about enough to consider buying a PS3. Damn you exclusivity!

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
I was leery at first, as the news of a new developer brought back the old trauma of a certain unmentionable Spyro game for the PS2...

...but the trailer put my worries to rest. This is looking GOOD!

Jarvaelison

Mar 30, 2010
Sly Cooper! Cannot wait! Absolutely loved the games on the PS2 and was hopefuly for a new Sly game since the port to the PS3! Woo!!

irequirefood

May 26, 2010
Pimppeter2 said:
Julianking93 said:
Pimppeter2 said:
Yay! Best news to come out so far!
Now we just need Jak 4, don't we? ;P
Its would cure all illnesses in the world, stop all war, and bring great prosperity to all nations. So I say yes.
I'm with both of you. No game would please me more than Jak 4, except maybe Jade Empire 2.

Anyways, definitely want this. The Sly games are major fun :D

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
I'll admit i only really got into Sly games when i bought the trilogy for PS3! and im now so excited for this game!

I do hope the ditch some of the more annoying mini games though! I am also hoping for Bently and Murray to be playable but just keep it to those three!

Also, DIMITRI!!

FanboyInDisguise

Dec 8, 2007
bahumat42 said:
FanboyInDisguise said:
I am trying very hard not to get too excited about this (cites the Crash and Spyro debacles mentioned earlier) But it looks somewhat promising, the whole trailer is basically the intro to Sly 1 (albiet with a twist) so if they're at least paying homage to that, hopefully they at least understand what made Sly great and unique and not fall into the trap that Playstation MOVE - Heroes did...ugh I loathe that game...

Still, the thought of Sly being brought out his self-imposed retirement to battle Dimi....wait wait I thought Dimitri was cool with Sly since he helped Dimitri get back his granddads scuba gear...oh bugger.

*edit* grammar...what a cruel mistriss...
Well 1)its the same devs
2) ratchet and clanks still doing fairly well after a bazillion sequels.
3) i dont have a third point but im going to ramble for a bit anyway.

*mistress

LOL
...>.<...yeah I saw that. I suppose this is all a moot point, as I have yet to own a PS3 so whether or not this game is good is rather irrelevant really. Good thing I have the trilogy to keep me company ^_^