EA Announces More Game Server Closures

pneuma08

Gaming Connoisseur
Sep 10, 2008
Amnestic said:
Christemo said:
im really suprised that EA are such capitalists.
Losing millions of moneys tends to do that to people.
Yeah I know, right? Trimming excess! What the hell could they be thinking? They need to be bloated and wasteful, just like the government.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
pneuma08 said:
Amnestic said:
Christemo said:
im really suprised that EA are such capitalists.
Losing millions of moneys tends to do that to people.
Yeah I know, right? Trimming excess! What the hell could they be thinking? They need to be bloated and wasteful, just like the government.
yeah get rid of the bloat, be like walmart and pay shit and make sure that anyone leaves before working there for 7 years so they can keep costs down

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
j0z said:
In other news, MW2 servers will be shut down at the end of this year.
BC2's and MW1's servers will not be shut down BECAUSE THEY ARE DEDICATED SERVERS.
Actually they aren't for the Xbox live and PSN-ers, they're publisher controlled hosting servers just like all the others.

That a shame about Modern Combat, even with BC2 coming out there's not going to be any kind of direct replacement for that, which is a shame.

Hybridwolf

Aug 14, 2009
You can tell they are tighting the belt, but even so, as early as last year releases? Ouch. Still considering that was that Lord of the rings game, it isn't such a surprise, because that was awful and another nail in pandemics coffin.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
whoa, I swear people still play some of these games? Mercenaries 2 isn't exactly an old game...

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Ninjamedic said:
If they get TF2 I will be PISSED.
Don't be foolish, Valve has got no money issues what with Steam being as it is. Selling the rights to their second most played FPS (CSS being #1) would be a ridiculous Idea.

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
Soviet Heavy said:
Ninjamedic said:
If they get TF2 I will be PISSED.
Don't be foolish, Valve has got no money issues what with Steam being as it is. Selling the rights to their second most played FPS (CSS being #1) would be a ridiculous Idea.
EA online runs the servers on the ps3 version.........

WafflesToo

Sep 19, 2007
Is this just the multiplayer servers going down or the authentication servers as well? Might we be witnessing the first real demonstration of "why online registration is a bad idea?"

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
It's a real shame that this will be the case for all games eventually these days.

Whoracle

Jan 7, 2008
Man, I'm sure glad no one made a fuss about not getting dedicated servers a while ago. We all know the games we love will be supported 'til judgement day, at the least, right?

jimduckie

Mar 4, 2009
gee i guess they should stop shoving multiplayer down our throats and put more into single player and add multiplayer as a dlc opition

Ashbax

Jan 7, 2009
coldalarm said:
Ashbax said:
WHAT?! THE!? FUCK!? Why are they closing LOTR: Conquest? Loads of people still play that! ITS EPIC!

HAXXXXXX FUCK YOU EA
I was thinking the same, except without expletives and capitals. Conquest is quite a recent-ish game so I'm surprised the servers are going this quick.
Yep, only came out last summer...so its a bit early to be shutting down the servers. And what do they mean a tiny amount of people still play it? You can still find a 16 man match in seconds.