EA Announces New Medal of Honor

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
EA Announces New Medal of Honor

A new Medal of Honor [Medal of Honor] game is on the way and for the first time ever, the series is leaving the Second World War behind and moving to a more "modern" setting.

The World at War [http://www.ea.com/games/medal-of-honor-anniversary]. But much like Popeye when he's finally gotten sick of taking crap from Bluto, EA has dusted itself off and said, "That's all I can stands, and I can stands no more!"

Actually, what the company said is that it's "revitalizing" the franchise and true to its word, EA announced today that a new Medal of Honor title is in the works. This time around, no doubt inspired by the success of the Modern Warfare games, players will be sent to current-day Afghanistan as a Tier 1 Operator, "a relatively unknown entity directly under the National Command Authority who takes on missions no one else can handle." EA says it's been working with Tier 1 Operators from the Special Operations community since development of the game began to ensure the game offers "the most authentic modern war experience" possible.

"When we first set out to reinvent Medal of Honor, we wanted to stay true to its roots of authenticity and respect for the soldier but bring it into today's war," said Executive Producer Greg Goodrich. "The Tier 1 Operator is the most disciplined, deliberate and prepared warrior on the battlefield. He is a living, breathing, precision instrument of war. We are honored to have the rare opportunity to work closely with these men to create a game that shares their experience."

The new Medal of Honor will feature a single-player campaign created by EA Los Angeles, while EA DICE is developing the multiplayer side. "We are so proud to bring together two powerhouse development teams to make this game a reality," added EALA General Manager Sean Decker. "Medal of Honor promises to be an unforgettable entry in the modern shooter genre."

Medal of Honor is currently in development for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC, and is scheduled for release sometime in 2010.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
It's like MW, but you won't be a faceless grunt half the time.
*Ahem*
I suppose it will be interesting, but it still feels like it is trying to ride the coat-tails of success...

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Furburt said:
Oh this is just pathetic. They completely rip off Call Of Duty already to the nth degree, and now this? Seriously, this is worse than Chinese WoW clones.
How do they rip off CoD already when all their previous games have been set in WW2?

OT: Sounds interesting, and more focused then the MW games.

grimsprice

Jun 28, 2009
Yay! MW rip off! I bet its going to suck balls. I'll be to busy playing MAG. Oh wait, i wont. Because its PS3 GAME!!! (Cries)

Ranooth

BEHIND YOU!!
Mar 26, 2008
I'm actually looking forward to this, EA have a shot of making something pretty good here.

Yes its a copy blah blah blah but hey mostly everything is ripping off everything these days (although that won't stop the quadrillion threads about it).

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Why is Sweet Johnson suddenly part of the MoH series?

I can't see this helping MoH's sales ifthey do nothing to fix it's underlying problems, like repetitiveness, generic feel, crappy level design and so on.

On the other hand, DICE is handling the multiplayer, which is an encouraging sign.

orangebandguy

Elite Member
Jan 9, 2009
There's no way out Patterson!

Memories of a better era, I lost interest entirely after Rising Sun, which was terrible.

It's a shame since MOH was one of my first ever games.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Greyfox105 said:
It's like MW, but you won't be a faceless grunt half the time.
*Ahem*
I suppose it will be interesting, but it still feels like it is trying to ride the coat-tails of success...
Does have that smell to it, thats for sure...

JohnReaper

Jun 8, 2009
First real shooter I played was Medal of Honor for the playstation i still rember the demo like it was yesterday

This game will hlep the players learn German with phrases such as

(german)
translation is
LOOK OUT HES GOT A BAZOOKA!!
(explosion)

sigh COD and MOH is great and yea COD got the jump on Modern warfare gaming but MOH will most likely take MW2 and shove it up COD's rear end

Thats why you don't mess with veterans

You got that Activision

Fact: Call of duty was released in 2003
MOH was released *dramatic gasp* in 1999 yes thats right MOH was the first game to ever bring ww2 in to such refinment for a shooter

Spudgun Man

Oct 29, 2008
Interesting, the tables have turned and now MoH is following CoD.

Shame about the modern warface twist, but then again WW2 just isn't 'the kids' anymore.

Also they have said "fuck sensible system of numerical bullsheet" and gone all no number on us.

Low Key

May 7, 2009
I never much liked Medal of Honor games, but this may change my perspective. I'm sure the multiplayer will have a lot less cheaters on it than MW2, which is an added perk.

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
2005- The Battlefield series is updated from a World War 2 setting to a more modern era. That game is called Battlefield 2: Modern Combat, and has upgradable and customizable classes.

2007- The Call of Duty series is updated from a World War 2 setting to a more modern era. That game is called Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, and has upgradable and customizable classes.

2009- The Medal of Honor series is announced to be receiving an update from a World War 2 setting to a more modern era, with multiplayer developed by the same guys who make the Battlefield series.

Am I the only one noticing a pattern?

Kukakkau

Feb 9, 2008
Oh god... what MoH needs is something new, not just following others games. Series was good up till Rising Sun then it took a turn for the worst. (played Rising Sun and the one they brought out on the wii whatever it was called?)

I'm betting guns will be a copy paste and same with multiplayer modes