EA Brings PS3 Crysis 2 Demo to Abrupt End

Art Axiv

Cultural Code-Switcher
Dec 25, 2008
I honestly don't think Crysis 2 Demo was so bad, I never encountered errors with it on the Xbox 360. Well, besides the first time the demo hit the 360, then it crashed all the time.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
You mean they still haven't fixed all the crashes from the 360 version?

I expect many bugs in the actual release then (not that i'm buying it of course)

Xyphon

Jun 17, 2009
I don't care as long as they fix the absolutely HORRENDOUS host-picking. Never have I seen so many red and yellow bars in a game lobby.

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
Straying Bullet said:
They fucked it up, haven't they.

Well Crytek, so much for service and a demo. The XBOX360 demo wasn't that much better as well, matchmaking outright sucked.
Agreed. Whilst reading
...allowing them to get the same experience that players on other platforms had.
I was thinking "So PS3 players wanted to get the same buggy and crappy experience as us XBOX360 players? How nice that they wanted to experience the same aggrevations (annoyances) as us." I seriously hope they fix/ed all the bugs before release otherwise I'm probably going to hold out on it until it becomes cheaper. I also am unhappy at Crytek for not including the... I think it was 'instant action'? gamemode from Crysis. I did find that to be very enjoyable.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
Sounds to me like ea is half expecting crysis 2 to bomb on the consoles and pulled the demo in order to try and get more people to buy the game on launch before word gets around the game isn't up to much. But there I go with my wild imagination : D

Ruag

Nov 18, 2009
I wish EA would understand that demos and first sold version of games should not be betatests.

Drexlor

Feb 23, 2010
I tried playing the demo 5 times but was never able to actually get into a match. This is what you get when you wait to the last minute Crytek. I think I'll wait a while and get this one used now.

ClaytronJames

Mar 16, 2011
I was kinda bummed out to see they never released a single-player demo. I MUCH would of rather of had that than the multiplayer that I downloaded and didn't even bother to play more than once

wyldefire

Feb 27, 2008
I don't know about anyone else but I'm getting a kind of masochistic pleasure in all this. Crytek has been making some very bold claims about how this game was going to max-out each system and set new benchmarks and instead it's lit the internetz ablaze with hostility.

I think we're looking at the next great epic fail.

Adam28

Feb 28, 2011
Played the 360 demo, had terrible connection issues.

Was going to play the PS3 version but now can't.

Do I care about this game enough to buy it? No. Nowadays, I tend to only buy games new if I have played the sequel, the last new game at full price I bought before Pokemon Black being Halo Reach. Everything else I have bought as been pre-owned. The only exception of this is when I play a demo which gets me interested in the game, Just Cause 2 being the last game I can think of.

I know a lot people say demos are pointless but at the end of the day I am not buying this game simply because nothing about it has appealed to me enough yet, a demo may have been enough to make me buy it.

bbad89

Jan 1, 2011
What a failure of a developer. Crysis 2 is like COD with powers, now they take down the PS3 demo 2 days after it starts? I doubt I'll ever buy their products again, and from the response most people had to the Crysis 2 demo, not many others will either.

Lord_Gremlin

Apr 10, 2009
Hahaha. Nah, not buying this shit. Good programming they day, as good as PS3 exclusive they say. Truth is, it looks like PS3 game from 2007.

Kekon3

Dec 4, 2008
I downloaded it, just finished yesterday, the demo didn't "work" (as in this)... okay... never played the original, have yet to play this one, so I'm passing up on what looks like a fun game.... or is it... I don't know.

Kekon3

Dec 4, 2008
ksn0va said:
Unforseen consequences people. Be fair.
I don'w want to repeat myself because that makes me look like a 1 dimensional asshat. so please read my comment to understand the other side of the story.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
There goes my plans of downloading it and playing it on my day off.

Thank you sooo much.

imgunagitusucka

Apr 20, 2010
The 360 updated demo is fine. After they took the first demo down, patched it and added the second map there have been no problems at all really. Of course there is going to be the occasional laggy game because thats online gaming. As an aussie gamer, the crysis2 demo actually plays better than MOH, Bad Company2, and halo reach for me when I'm put in an american or european hosted game. When put with other aussies it is pretty much flawless.