EA Cancels "Over a Dozen" Unannounced Projects

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Of course they won't touch Bioware. That'd be like a suicide - cut the only squad that actually makes good games and gives players what they promised or even more? We have a saying for that:

"Cutting off the gold-making chicken's eggs". Poor translation, because eggs can also mean testicles in our language, but you get the idea - a chicken lays golden eggs, and they cut the chicken's... reproductive organs.

Bretty

Jul 15, 2008
Everyone has had to have seen this coming. Activision have laid off more staff earlier, EA tried to keep going. Hell EA was still hiring many possitions up till recently where Act. weren't.

Crazy growth is always, and I say ALWAYS, followed by a down turn. EA have been on the crazy train for too long not to have some issues here. They have put those game titles back in the books for when they can afford the risk. LOL, so dont be too drama filled about what could be. Because they can still appear in the future.

My Hats off to EA for their direction and I hope they continue to be the shining.... ok thats going too far. But EA have turned around, because of it they make less money which means their business model has to change. Not to mention the whole economic downturn which has dropped their share value from high 40s and low 50s to what? teens?

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Tsk tsk EA, people want stuff that's new and interesting, check out how well indie titles are doing.

TheKaiserEcho

Nov 8, 2008
It's understandable that under the new EA they'd have to do this eventually. I mean, since they're actually spending some time on games now instead of churning out grade D titles they have to put time into them and probably can't have as many projects going at once anymore, so people who would've hopped from one lame game to another got canned because they just didn't have as many lame games and hence didn't need as many people.

DamienHell

Oct 17, 2007
I agree with Gabe, now that EA is TRYING they are loosing people, what the hell? I was starting to like them and they seem to be going out of business.

Zaksav91

Oct 16, 2009
How I would love to live in a world where money wasn't all powerful and there was actually honesty and trust in a company like this. Damn I'm dreaming again, oh well I never really liked EA that much. Hopefully their downfall will give other game publishers an oppurtunity to attack.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
I see my chances of ever playing Mirror's Edge 2 has just dropped possibly to zero.

EDIT: Oh, yes, and I'll never get to play those 11 Need For Speed titles either.

mrx19869

Jun 17, 2009
looking thought my games.. hmm no not a single EA game.. cause they all suck... ahhaha shame these poor people dont have jobs anymore. hopefully they will go to a better company.. or wait maybe put there own together..and iduno make one of those canceled games..
[oh wait EA games still suck..

osdeath

Apr 16, 2009
(Finally a use for this account I've never really used!)

I'd myself hope that since mirrors edge 2 has been confirmed to be in production, that they would continue making it, since this is apparently only a fairly large amount of unannounced titles being dropped, well, i can hope anyway :p

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
danpascooch said:
YOU DON'T GET TO RUIN BIOWARE!!!
Because bioware already did a pretty good job at that with their DLC policies.

Back on topic, i would like to know what games were canceled and if EA decided to completely axe those series or just put them on indefinite hiatus for when the economy is back on track again.

MR T3D

Feb 21, 2009
hey, they just need a an epic release... looking at the BF franchise for this...

and TBH, Need for speed series peaked at underground 2 IMO, that game was just some squad cars from total win.

MyDigitalHeaven

Aug 28, 2008
EA is a shitty place to work anyways. Its a game developers dream to work at Valve or Blizzard but common EA? You are going to miserable 80% of the time anyways. Those guys who got laid off will probably make an independent studio and continue making games (it worked for some people so I figure we will see some small studios popping up here and there).

Tears of Blood

Jul 7, 2009
I really can hardly find words for this. This is completely and utterly crazy. Why is EA punishing the gaming community in this way?

T_T

Discord

Monk of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2009
Well I kinda expected that but I was alittle un-moved since they announced they stopped production on that C&C Tiberium Assault FPS a few mounths ago,

I really looked forward to that.

(Big Sigh)

Jonny49

Mar 31, 2009
It's a shame really, EA make some pretty neat games. I doubt they'll go under though as so many people seem to be assuming, I mean it's not like they still don't have any influence. Battlefield, Dead space, madden/fifa, sims, spore, possibly medal of honour again. Give it time people...give it time.

hansari

May 31, 2009
They did what GDI couldn't accomplish...

They killed Kane...

He survived building collapses and missile strikes...but not the layoffs....

DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
Yeah, this is actually pretty sad.

I mean, it's not like I 'like' EA, but considering they've published some more recent games that I actually enjoyed...I sort of hate to see them have to cut back more and more until they're just "Madden Interactive."