EA is "on a Journey" to Regain PC Gamer Trust

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Same song and dance I've seen earlier.
EA killed Westwood and turned Bioware into basement gimps
EA gleefully and smugly jumped on "PC is dead" bandwagon and treated PC gamers as thieves
And now after all of this they think that with a smile and pat on the back all will be forgiven?
Well, think again!

Adam Locking

Aug 10, 2012
Doom972 said:
EA are far from being the worst, but we PC gamers don't forget easily. I do wonder how we let Activision, Ubisoft and Square-Enix get away with some of the stuff they do.
You forgot Warner Brothers, the worst of the bunch.

Katherine Kerensky said:
Do a remake or sequel to Future Cop L.A.P.D.
It would be this [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comicsandcosplay/comics/critical-miss/14175-Erin-On-the-Prospect-of-FF7] all over again.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Sorry guys but Origin is here to stay and I think we all know it too. Of course Origin exclusivity is essentially akin to shooting themselves in the foot and while Origin is not as bad as Uplay at least people can choose to buy on Steam if they wish. Of course I'm sure you'll need Origin for DRM purposes with EA games but same would go for Ubisoft with Uplay as well as Valve with Steam.

Let's not forget that game development rules need to be looked at; Mass Effect 3 and DA:2 both felt rushed in many regards (seriously, don't fuck with Bioware's ability to make good games), please don't let anything like Simcity or C&C4: Tiberian Twilight ever happen again and for the love of all that is sanity, put Visceral back to work on games they're good at (e.g. Dead Space). They should not be making Battlefield sequels.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
How about make quality games that don't nickle and dime your consumer base? If EA were to do a complete 180 and start down this path they'd start seeing a lot more support. Of course, they're not going to do that though.

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
I barely touch Origin. I loaded it up two nights ago to see if they had anything new. Not a thing, most pages are just filled with DLC. They also added a subscription thing. For 5 dollars a month, you get access to all their games. Seems a nice idea in theory but I'm just not interested in their platform.

BloodRed Pixel

Jul 16, 2009
How about getting rid of Bioware points and discount those ME2 and ME3 DLC for PC - 'bout frakking time.

That would be a nice start.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Katherine Kerensky said:
They want to regain my trust? Well, they can start by putting their games on Steam and not making Origin a requirement.
And then do a remake or sequel to Future Cop L.A.P.D.
I'll start trusting them slightly after that.
Soooo much this. I was really excited for bf3 then it being stuck with origin and using a web browser as its menu system just killed it for me so I ended up not getting it. I'd have a bunch more ea games if it wasn't for origin.

ShakerSilver

Professional Procrastinator
Nov 13, 2009
Well considering they're responsible for the death of several PC-centric developers such as:
*Origin Systems
*Maxis
*Westwood Studios TT~TT
*Bullfrog Productions
*Bioware (not quite finished, but it's almost there)
Then I think it's only fair that they even things out by offing themselves.

Yes, I am very bitter about EA.

Naldan

You Are Interested. Certainly.
Feb 25, 2015
Steven Bogos said:
consumer-focuesed
Focuesed -> focused.

OT:

Actions, please. I feel like I've read all this time and time again.

I'll just say that I only use GOG on top of Steam because it's a choice and provides quality.

Also, as this fellow said:

BloodRed Pixel said:
How about getting rid of Bioware points and discount those ME2 and ME3 DLC for PC - 'bout frakking time.

That would be a nice start.
Off-topic:

I'll use GOG even more when they start satisfying my desire for achievements.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
im very much looking forward to play mirrors edge catalyst. this will proof to me how much they care for pc gamers. so far i still have no complaints about origin. when i asked for a refund for AC unity, i got my entire money back without any questions asked. so this certainly gets a huge plus from me. but yes, BF4 was indeed a mess and took a year for me until the game was playable.
i rather stay optimistic about it.

bliebblob

Plushy wrangler, die-curious
Sep 9, 2009
Steven Bogos said:
In EA's defense, the adopt a similar policy [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/127004-EA-Offers-Full-Refunds-For-Unsatisfied-Origin-Customers].
Weren't there laws against not offering a return policy in the first place? Or at least wheels in motion towards making some to that effect? If so it still is a positive step for their customers, sure. But to ascribe it solely to the good of EA's metaphorical heart would be beyond my capacity for optimism I fear. Ditto for believing EA's return policy to be anything more than but one factor in Valve's decision. Heck, hasn't Good old Games had one for about as long as Origin?

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Yeah, I can bet it seems like they're "on a journey" when they're snorting so much crack cocaine inside of their own assholes, Keith Richards says it's not healthy.

But whatever, EA. You keep right on a-journeying and we'll keep right on a-copy pasting the words you speak right next to the actions you make.

munx13

Some guy on the internet
Dec 17, 2008
Katherine Kerensky said:
They want to regain my trust? Well, they can start by putting their games on Steam and not making Origin a requirement.
And then do a remake or sequel to Future Cop L.A.P.D.
I'll start trusting them slightly after that.
Or better yet, avoid Steam and other DRM entirely and sell their stuff on GoG

Matey

Jun 25, 2008
EA says this every year and yet I still don't buy any of their shit. The only thing they are good at is destroying good developers. R.I.P. Westwood (proper dead), Bioware (shell of its former self), Maxis (doesn't do anything interesting any more) and DICE (nothing but rushed battlefield games).

I'm sure the list is actually a lot longer but I've probably forgotten most of the studios they have destroyed.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Well, good luck (they really gonna need it). People are still waiting that EA "players first" policy means something different than their answer to "who's gonna test if this game doesn't set PCs and consoles on fire?".

SecondPrize

Mar 12, 2012
Here's a tip for you, EA. If you want your consumers' trust, don't have your senior marketing director ask for it. There isn't a thing anyone in marketing can say or do to rebuild trust, all you're doing is showing you want to give the impression of caring about trust.