EA Pulls Battlefield 3: Aftershock From App Store

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
EA Pulls Battlefield 3: Aftershock From App Store

Electronic Arts has pulled Battlefield 3: Aftershock from the App Store because it was just that awful.

Allow me to set the stage by quoting this not-entirely-favorable review [http://www.gamezebo.com/games/battlefield-3-aftershock/review] of Battlefield 3: Aftershock, the iOS game based on EA's hit military shooter franchise. "It's an insult; a colossal middle finger from Electronic Arts to mobile players. There's literally nothing here to enjoy, only an awful lot to hate. The fact that multiple people looked at this game and decided it was good to put on the App Store is astounding, and they'll have to live with the knowledge that they've irrevocably damaged the Battlefield brand for a lot of fans."

Wowzers! That's harsh, but apparently fair, too. The game was missing numerous features that were promised in previews, suffered from serious connectivity and lag issues, and crashed more often than a Victoria class submarine. And now even EA has acknowledged that this thing sucks so bad, it can't be allowed to exist.

"EA Mobile is committed to delivering mobile entertainment experiences that are on par with the content and quality users have come to expect from their favorite EA gaming brands," the publisher said in a statement. "To this end, we have decided to remove Battlefield 3: Aftershock from the App Store and are currently re-evaluating the app in response to the consumer feedback we've received. We thank all the fans who have downloaded the game to date."

It's not the end of the story, however, as EA said a "more comprehensive" version of the game for iOS devices will be released to the App Store later this year.

Source: Gamezebo [http://www.gamezebo.com/news/2012/02/22/how-bad-was-battlefield-3-aftershock-bad-enough-ea-pull-it-app-store]

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
So... EA admitted it made a shit game?

Still waiting for them to comment on that monstrosity that is Command and Conquer 4.

Feb 13, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
It's not the end of the story, however, as EA said a "more comprehensive" version of the game for iOS devices will be released to the App Store later this year.
Be interesting to see if customers who already bought it get auto-upgrades.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Andy Chalk said:
Aftershock was free.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Korten12 said:
Andy Chalk said:
Aftershock was free.
If it was free, IDK, I almost feel like it's hard to ***** about then >_>. That was my first thought, give buyers a free upgrade, but seeing as it was free... *shrug*

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
"EA gaming brands"

That kind of hurts. Not entirely sure why, but I guess it's the corporate spin. Dead Space brand cereal! Now it turns your milk red! mmmmm

Feb 13, 2008
Korten12 said:
Andy Chalk said:
Aftershock was free.
Be interesting to see if it's still free then.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Wolfram01 said:
"EA gaming brands"

That kind of hurts. Not entirely sure why, but I guess it's the corporate spin. Dead Space brand cereal! Now it turns your milk red! mmmmm
Hmmmm... tasty, delicious limbs!, will you be the lucky one to find the Marker miniature?, have fun with it by slowly driving you into madness and insanity! [small]Warning: EA does not take resposibility about the hallucinations you may experience or the secondary effects these may bring, I.E., persuading you to kill others and/or to commit suicide. DLC included with original purchase.[/small]