EA Ready to "Attack" Modern Warfare

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
Panama Canal gameplay [http://badcompany2.ea.com/#/videos/id/2] trailer
Aw hell, and I already loved the Battlefield Moments [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vepiJznvvY0] video's, but that one takes those and trumps them a thousandfold.

I'm really quite confident in this game as well. It sounds and feels a lot heavier than MW2. I think you can compare MW2's gameplay to more special ops style battles, while BBC is truly warfare.

Edit: Damn, I didn't know they released a new Battlefield Moments video's, and that's even more awesome:
Gods I want this game, MW2 just cannot offer awesomeness like this.

MR T3D

Feb 21, 2009
well, i truly hope BC2 becomes almost as popular as CoD has, just to ensure i can get a full game

BC1 was pretty damn fun, even in MP if you knew that it helps to shoot the round thing above their shoulders (the head).
I still love BC1, even though i got almost as far as possible in its online, it still is A LOT of fun.

Wayward Sean

Aug 19, 2009
I can already see the modern combat shooter starting to repeat itself...it isn't long before the genre will become unpopular, just like all videogame trends. And not a moment too soon.

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
great, lets hope they dont make the game great yet impossible to play due to crashing and random glitches

fuckers

Plank of Wood

Oct 26, 2009
Bad Company Two doesn't appear to have retained ANY of the hilarious charm of the first game.

I have not seen a single funny or parody trailer for this game - no Sweetwater and no "GOOOOOLD!" moments. Why change the winning forumula for a formula that when put to this title looks cheesy and out of character. So no, I don't think it will beat MW2.

Sulu

Jul 7, 2009
As long as BC2 uses fantasy guns that will never be in service (see pic in OP) then I won't be very attracted to it. That and the last Battlefield game I bought had the rediculous punk buster software for the PC which made online play useless.

shaboinkin

Apr 13, 2008
My first taste of battlefield was battlefield 2142, and that instantly became on of my favorite online shooters. Nothing better then having vast levels with 64 people

Bad Company held onto (for the most part) the stuff that i liked in 2142 so bc2 would be welcomed on my pc

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Ranooth said:
Hmmm, i like Medal Of Honor, but i also like Call of Duty. But which one is better?

There's only one way to find out..............[HEADING=1]FIGHT![/HEADING]
watch hary hill? hehe thats a funny show XD

OT: somehow doubt it, but hey never know. COD is a HUGE franchise and it will be hard to outsell it...but nothing is impossible, unless we talk about walking on the sun or eating mountains

Eldarion

Sep 30, 2009
dommyuk said:
Coaxill said:
Bad company 2 is without a doubt better than MW2 but I still hate EA. I will support IW to the end no matter what stupid shit they pull.
Despite them reducing the quality of your gaming experience, you'll let them walk all over you?
That would be true if we supported EA.

Lesser evil= Modern warfare imo.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
I'm not too great when it comes to that type of shooter so I intend on trying the PC beta and demo when that happens and I'll decide from there if I want to get Bad Company 2. I will say DICE actually making a demo and doing a beta does make me favor them at least a little bit.

Plank of Wood said:
Bad Company Two doesn't appear to have retained ANY of the hilarious charm of the first game.

I have not seen a single funny or parody trailer for this game - no Sweetwater and no "GOOOOOLD!" moments. Why change the winning forumula for a formula that when put to this title looks cheesy and out of character.
I remember the ads from the first Bad Company game (all the ads were great and still are) and it kind of saddens me that there hasn't been a shred of promotion for the new game at all like what they did for the first one.

Optimus Hagrid

Feb 14, 2009
They could make Timesplitters 4. Pull it off right and it could be the dominant online console shooter.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Plank of Wood said:

I have not seen a single funny or parody trailer for this game - no Sweetwater and no "GOOOOOLD!" moments. Why change the winning forumula for a formula that when put to this title looks cheesy and out of character. So no, I don't think it will beat MW2.
The hilarious charm is for the singleplayer, we haven't seen a whole lot about the singleplayer from BBC2 yet. I hope that'll come, but seeing as they want to bring the fight on MW2's lawn, it's not surprisingly they're throwing us to death with (incredibly awesome) multiplayer footage.

MadMechanic

Nov 6, 2009
Provided the single player campaign is good, I'll be happy. As it was - BFBC1 wasn't good (for me) because the single player campagin was...dull. The story - that was good, but the actual missions were just dull for me.

Weapons - keep it to weapons that are actually in service/will be in a 1/2 years time. For me - I'd like to see a member of the SA80 family appear. Unlikely to happen I know, but I can hope. Its just such a cool weapon... If it appears - I will love EA. And any bad word I've said about EA before (here/elsewhere) will be removed.

As it is - I'm sorry, but I just can't see BFBC taking away MW2's top spot on FPS. It could just be the people I game with - but I just can't see it happening. MW2, and CoD in general just seems more casual than any of the BFs.

Xersues

DRM-free or give me death!
Dec 11, 2009
All they have to do is add dedicated servers and they win. Instantly. Oh, and have a good game etc. MW2 was just lame imo.

ParkourMcGhee

Jan 4, 2008
PayJ567 said:
I hope this outsells MW2 on pc, that would really shove it to IW. Yeah take that while you sit on your tonnes of bank notes not caring.
I agree with 100% of this post.

Cod4 was good, Cod 5 was bad, cod6 was even worse.
BF:BC was good, lets hope BC2 carries on with this trend... and the blowing up buildings one.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Jaredin said:
Definetly, if anything it will push them to work harder and to make better games. Competition breeds good and fresh ideas!
Hang on guys, my cynacism sensor's tingling...

Fygar

Nov 15, 2009
I love FPS. Love it, love it, love it. What I didn't love was bad company. The single player was atrocious, and the multiplayer often felt clunky and irritating to me. For what it is worth, I won't be buying Bad Company 2 right off the hop. Even if it comes out to glowing reviews, it's going to be a rent first, buy later deal. Sorry EA, but until Halo: Reach roles around, I'm rooming with Infinity Ward.
Besides, if Infinity Ward wants to keep their already huge lead, all they have to do is release DLC for Modern Warfare 2 on or around the same day that Bad Company 2 comes out.

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
Kalezian said:
of course multiplayer sucks ass for simple reasons that are in every single online shooter of the same type.

prone, powerful sniper rifles [as in you DIE from a 12.7x99mm round, not run off and insta-heal],and overall squad gameplay
Those sound like good things... Definitely better than the assorted junk MWII has. If you think being sniped is bad, what about nuked? Or shot from a gunner plane? Or killed by a thrown knife that should never in a million years pierce kevlar by a person holding a shield that makes them practically bullet proof?

Kalezian said:
, yes it was a good idea, but then again I hate how I tried to tell my team-mates about the rifleman behind him only to find out that he doesn't have a mic. not only that, but you can only talk to the 4 people in your squad, so there is no cross squad tactics you can even think about using.

if they even just fix the squad thing, I might try out the online part, but besides that, a rent for me.
FYI: Retarded team mates exist in every game that HAS team mates. Not really a good reason to evaluate a game by.

ToastBuster

May 26, 2009
I do think that BFBC2 will be the far superior game. Far superior sales however? no. As much as a battlefield fan I am, i have to say that nothing will outsell MW2 until MW3.